onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Gillingham v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Don't know if you noticed but McGivern,Dodds,

Leitch Smith and Dickinson were all on the bench today so we could be in a worse position than we actually are if we had managed to keep them.

Just to elaborate on my comment about last years team. For me squad development is about evolution. 3 or 4 players out, better quality in. Year on year progression in a planned manner. Given such planning my personal view is we'd be in a much better position.

Dickinson is no better than kiko or knopps, infact is much worse and is failing miserably along with O'Connor and Duffy for Notts county. The only player we miss from last season is Dodds. He would've fitted in really well into the system Bruno used and we are desperately missing his 8/9 goals from midfield.

Most of the released squad from last season would walk into this pathetic Vale side, including Birchall. How ppl can say otherwise is laughable and know nothing about football. I said in the "where will port vale finish thread", if Vale finish 5th from bottom weve done well, but as usual i got shot down on here for been a Stoke fan or Wum. Haha. Well obviously i know me football eh.

Also don't know if it's been mentioned but watched the goals and purkiss was marking his man not sure who wasn't. So an apology there from me! **** on the radio made it very clear it was him and clearly wasn't. I'd still be looking at a different right back if possible though.

What on earth did Sproson and Blakeman see? I listened to the comments and they clearly blamed Purkiss. Everyone believed them and slated Ben, he's not been at his best recently but that was a tad harsh:huh::unsure:

7 in 26 starts or 5 in 21 league starts. Is your second stat more fake news because it's certainly nowt to do with Louis Dodds.

Ah 51 in 289 games in 8 years stand to be corrected.Will do detention next week.

Still only 6 goals a year.He,s not a midfielder but plays behind the main striker and spent most of his time as a bench warmer and never got his shorts dirty ( a blessing to the kit man)

Ah 51 in 289 games in 8 years stand to be corrected.Will do detention next week.

Still only 6 goals a year.He,s not a midfielder but plays behind the main striker and spent most of his time as a bench warmer and never got his shorts dirty ( a blessing to the kit man)

We could do with a few 6 goals a season players now, although Jones and Streete have managed it, shame Jones has gone and Streete is running down his contract.

Most of the released squad from last season would walk into this pathetic Vale side, including Birchall. How ppl can say otherwise is laughable and know nothing about football. I said in the "where will port vale finish thread", if Vale finish 5th from bottom weve done well, but as usual i got shot down on here for been a Stoke fan or Wum. Haha. Well obviously i know me football eh.

It says a lot about your knowledge about football if you think Duffy and McGivern would take

Smith and Streete place in the vale side now and dont even mention Birchall i would only agree with O'connor would walk in this side when fit but the others get real.

It says a lot about your knowledge about football if you think Duffy and McGivern would take

Smith and Streete place in the vale side now and dont even mention Birchall i would only agree with O'connor would walk in this side when fit but the others get real.

I did say most. And if memory serves me right, Duffy was one of our better players last season yeh. This season with Street and Smith weve conceded 11 goals more so far than last season after 29 games. But eh, if people like you who are happy with how this season is going then more fool you.

Whether the players we have now are better than last season's lot doesn't really matter unless you want to make a point about our shambolic recruitment, which is such an easy hit and blindingly obvious. I would say what is far more important is how the lot we have now play for the next few games - Louis Dodds is gone, his goals are in the past, we need to look at where goals might come from in this team, playing the right formation with the right players. The rest is just sophistry - we need to support this team now, not talk about former players. We can all add the goals of former players to our tally and warm ourselves with how much further up the league we would be if… But we play Millwall this week with the players we have, not All Our Yesterdays. UTV.

I did say most. And if memory serves me right, Duffy was one of our better players last season yeh. This season with Street and Smith weve conceded 11 goals more so far than last season after 29 games. But eh, if people like you who are happy with how this season is going then more fool you.

I am not happy with the results so far but to say duffy would replace either is unbelievable remind me where are notts county at the moment.

Whether the players we have now are better than last season's lot doesn't really matter unless you want to make a point about our shambolic recruitment, which is such an easy hit and blindingly obvious. I would say what is far more important is how the lot we have now play for the next few games - Louis Dodds is gone, his goals are in the past, we need to look at where goals might come from in this team, playing the right formation with the right players. The rest is just sophistry - we need to support this team now, not talk about former players. We can all add the goals of former players to our tally and warm ourselves with how much further up the league we would be if… But we play Millwall this week with the players we have, not All Our Yesterdays. UTV.

But if Smurf wasn't such a dick and offered the released players such reduced terms, then we wouldn't even be in this position in the league as most would of signed no doubt. Last season, we finished 19 points from bottom 4, and just 9 points off top 6, so with a bit of tweaking to last seasons side, we could of finished even higher than last seasons position.

Just watched the goals. Utterly dreadful equaliser gifted to the opposition yet again. It wasn't even as if there was anything special or varied about the corner, shocking really. If we cannot defend balls into the box like that then we have absolutely no chance.

Again, and I'm nothing looking for scapegoats or saying it would have changed anything, but why swap Hooper for Eagles at that point. Is Eagles likely to be better in the air than Hooper??? I would guess not on what I've seen.

I am not happy with the results so far but to say duffy would replace either is unbelievable remind me where are notts county at the moment.

I like Street and Smith, and no doubt both will play in Championship, but why have we conceded more goals this season than last season? And remind me also where Vale are at the moment?

I wasn't bothered about any of the players who got released, Streete and Smith are miles better than McGivern and Duffy, Dicko wouldn't have improved anything, Foley would have been a better option than O'Connor who didn't want to be here had he not got injured, Dodds has continued his normal pattern at Shrewsbury in playing in all positions and ending up on the bench. That said the replacements that were brought in were the problem, we didn't move forward and improve with better quality. Let's hope lessons have been learned but we got move forward now and stop harping on about past players.

Archived