onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Gillingham v Port Vale

Fosse69

Another Dodds is God supporter.

Not a god no, that's reserved for the likes of Mr Earle or Walker. However, I liked Doddsie and thought he did a good job when played in his correct position behind the lone striker or front two. Though playing him out on the wing was a complete waste of time he never performed that well in that position. We needed a particular formation to get the best from him. But I also don't subscribe to the tripe some people continually trot out on here that makes him out to be the anti-christ. He did ok for us and played for free when we're in admin, but some people forget those facts.

If you look back at the majority of your posts on this thread they are factually incorrect or just wrong.

Advert

I'm sorry but surely as captain of the team (who also plays in defence)its part of the job to take responsibility and ensure everyone is marked at set-pieces in particular final 30 seconds of a game whether it's his man or not. He's the only player in the back 5 who has more than 1 full season of experience in this league should be taking the lead on the pitch sadly he doesn't and is simply not been good enough as captain or with his individual performances. Sadly we have no alternatives due to our horrendous transfer policy.

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

Folk seem determined to blame Purkiss for something that was clearly not his fault. Just let it go and admit that Radio Stoke got it wrong!

What makes Blakemans and Sprosons blaming of the goal on Purkiss even worse is the fact that during Praise and Grumble they then entertain callers joining in with ridiculing Purkiss and they hadn't even been to the game! For the record, Purkiss had a good game yesterday.

For the record I disagree. He was caught out of position several times. Callum Guy gave the ball away several times, and Knops' distribution was very poor.

For the record I disagree. He was caught out of position several times. Callum Guy gave the ball away several times, and Knops' distribution was very poor.

We'll agree to disagree regards Purkiss, I didn't think he did a lot wrong. Guy was dreadful as he was against Peterborough. He gave away the ball often enough to suggest he thought we were wearing blue. Knops was steady enough has he has been the majority of the season and makes you wonder why on earth we wasted a window signing on Tanser.

We'll agree to disagree regards Purkiss, I didn't think he did a lot wrong. Guy was dreadful as he was against Peterborough. He gave away the ball often enough to suggest he thought we were wearing blue. Knops was steady enough has he has been the majority of the season and makes you wonder why on earth we wasted a window signing on Tanser.

Thought Purkiss had a poor game myself and for me his legs have gone completely, sitting down the side at Gillingham yesterday I noticed it a lot more than when in the Bycars, a number of times he just could not get back to his man. I thought Knops played well and makes the signing of Tanser really baffling, a left back was not needed for me. I agree about Guy, he was poor for the second game running, gave the ball away so many times.

I'm sorry but surely as captain of the team (who also plays in defence)its part of the job to take responsibility and ensure everyone is marked at set-pieces in particular final 30 seconds of a game whether it's his man or not. He's the only player in the back 5 who has more than 1 full season of experience in this league should be taking the lead on the pitch sadly he doesn't and is simply not been good enough as captain or with his individual performances. Sadly we have no alternatives due to our horrendous transfer policy.

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

There is no way you can blame Purkiss for someone else losing their man. And why is it suddenly his responsibility to create the set up and who's marking who for set pieces, he's not the manager. It's up to individual players to stay switched on and make sure they stay with the player they are marking.

Has guy had a decent game since his first one? Only seen him play twice and the second one was against posh and he was really poor.

Also Knops has been decent and steady all season. Considering he's a centre back by trade playing his first season in England he's been very steady and is better than tanser.

What makes Blakemans and Sprosons blaming of the goal on Purkiss even worse is the fact that during Praise and Grumble they then entertain callers joining in with ridiculing Purkiss and they hadn't even been to the game! For the record, Purkiss had a good game yesterday.

Yes he certainly did have a good game and coming back on the coach I was incensed reading comments from Purkiss bashers who wern't even at the game. Poor show radio Stoke

Archived