onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Bury FC

Fosse69

I don't get how several posters are saying Grant clearly doesn't want to be here, they can't possibly have come to that conclusion based on tonight's performance, he played well tonight and was probably in the top 4 of our best players.

Advert

I don't get how several posters are saying Grant clearly doesn't want to be here, they can't possibly have come to that conclusion based on tonight's performance, he played well tonight and was probably in the top 4 of our best players.

Because it fits the agenda they've been peddling for weeks on end. Let's hope he becomes consistent again as we know he can be.

...on a final note, it looked like Taylor was saying goodbye as he left the pitch, didn't have his best game tonight but a good pro and I hope he gets fixed up with another club.

Didn't see that but I did notice when he scored the penalty that Taylor ran straight over to Brown for a bit of hugging and back-slapping. Seemed a slightly strange thing to do at the time, but maybe not if it is to be his last game and so was perhaps a special gesture/cheers to Brown.

Good entertaining game with lots more endeavour and urgency to attack and press the opposition.

Smith was excellent all night. Very aggressive and determined. Won everything.

Grant was fine. No idea what game some were watching. He closed them down with intent and played on despite struggling with a groin injury which is why he held back in the second half. Surely a non-interested player would have used the injury to come off. He stayed on and was last off the pitch at the end.

Hopper looked good and held the ball up really well. Walkers goal was excellent. Got talent and comes alive when ball is in final 3rd. A little weak on the ball but a great start non the less. Forrester got into good positions and if a little sharper would gave bagged a couple of goals. Good for him to get some minutes though to aid his

Best player br far was Guy. Hungry, determined and very composed on the ball too. What a shame we went down the chancer route at the start of the summer rather than a few young, talented players like Walker and Guy.

Disappointed with Purkiss, Knopps and Taylor.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using the onevalefan mobile app

Good entertaining game with lots more endeavour and urgency to attack and press the opposition.

Smith was excellent all night. Very aggressive and determined. Won everything.

Grant was fine. No idea what game some were watching. He closed them down with intent and played on despite struggling with a groin injury which is why he held back in the second half. Surely a non-interested player would have used the injury to come off. He stayed on and was last off the pitch at the end.

Hooper looked good and held the ball up really well. Walkers goal was excellent. Got talent and comes alive when ball is in final 3rd. A little weak on the ball but a great start non the less. Forrester got into good positions and if a little sharper would gave bagged a couple of goals. Good for him to get some minutes though to aid his recovery.

Best player by far was Guy. Hungry, determined and very composed on the ball too. What a shame we went down the chancer route at the start of the summer rather than a few young, talented players like Walker and Guy.

Disappointed with Purkiss, Knopps, Thomas and Taylor.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using the onevalefan mobile app

Naieve defending for the 2nd goal Brown will be furious, we need a couple of full backs capable of defending, I expect Brown to tighten up the defence we are now conceding too many goals, have to say though a much better performance good to see us having an attacking intent I agree with Valist though very disappointed with Purkiss, Knopps and Taylor.

Firstly, I thought they were a reasonable side. They looked strong at the back and moved the ball with pace. Vaughan is an irritating little so an so who should have been booked a long time before he scored the first of two absolute gifts.

We looked better than of late for large parts but as I said at half time I felt it was inevitable we would concede 2nd half - although I didn't quite anticipate it being a break from our corner - as Boot looked a bit nervous and wasn't really inspiring the defence.

I thought Smith was outstanding as was Guy and I called him as MoM as it was an action packed debut from him. Walker scored a cracker but the front two - and I appreciate it's a new pairing - didn't do enough for me and I thought we looked loads better with Forrester on. I'm not sure Eagles is the answer either, one or two nice touches yes, but wanted too long picking his pass and didn't really get stuck in.

Grant was disappointing in my view although to be fair it did look like he over-stretched 1st half and injured his groin. He was brilliant at the start of the season but since his ban just doesn't seem the same player and does slow us down at times. I'd be tempted to take the morning personally. We badly miss Foley.

So encouraging signs, but we could do with something from Scunny (although I predict a 2-1 defeat). I do think we'll be a team looking over our shoulder for the rest of the season of the season so the sooner we hit 50 points the better as far as I'm conferned,

Refreshing change tonight, very enjoyable game to watch. Feel like the draw was fair, they put in a decent away performance.

Guy and Walker both look like class signings and should do well for us going forward. Nice to see Hooper back (and Forrester).

Not sure Grant deserves all the negativity, thought he had a good game.

Next week I'd like to see Eagles and Kiko in for Taylor and Knops.

Need to get stuck in at Scunny, they didn't like that when we played them at home earlier in the season, if I remember rightly their manager had a bit of a moan.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

I'll be delighted if we get this Rowe in from Macc, however he is primarily left footed and it's the RW we need to fortify given Taylor is said to be leaving. Perhaps another JMW, lots of cutting inside and swinging a lob ball through or a shot at goal with his left. Although he pops up with the occasional goal with his right, including this ridiculous millimetre perfect finish.

Absolutely delighted if we take the gamble and invest the 50/60 grand Askey would want.

Him on the RW, Kiko at LB and Walker/Hooper up front again against Scunthorpe next week would be great. I was surprised Hooper was taken off tonight so early as he was a decent threat.

I would not be surprised to see another 2/3 mutual terminations before the window closes. I hope Amoros and De Freitas aren't one of them though.

Yeah it was two points dropped but I am not going to moan about that tonight. For the first time in what seems like months, I have left a game encouraged and enjoyed the game. The new signings looked decent, Guy particular excelled in midfield, I thought considering JJ has hardly played in recent months, he did well, still amazed Bruno let him go on loan.

Tonight was a proper football match, what a difference playing 2 up front makes, think we had more shots tonight than in 5 or 6 games before. Reg proves he can make a difference off the bench, he is not really a player to be used from the start but for 10 or 15 minutes at the end he can make a big nuisance.

People will give us no chance next week but lets go positive like today, play 2 up front, 2 wingers and have a go, nothing to lose.

Good post, and I'm glad that you enjoyed a somewhat rejuvenated Vale side last night. Michael Brown deserves a good deal of credit for that . He's trying his best to put together a decent side to climb the table . Vale will get better now , rather than worse .

Listening to the match online , I could hear the crowd being a lot more excited , and shouting on the Vale . Not a bad attendance for a Friday night.

I think that Eagles enjoyed himself , and it sounded like he played well when he came on. Walker and Guy were excellent . Keep the faith lads .

The Vale will stay up, at least .

UTV

Archived