onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale match against Milton Keynes is called off

News Feed

Advert

Thanks for that, Jacko. I do wonder if the Football League might be asking a few questions about our inability to get the game on.

As far as I can see we are to date still the only team in the top 5 divisions in the country to have our game called off.

I presume they are going ahead at places like Shrewsbury, Crewe and Walsall, not to mention all the other places down south where the weather has been much worse than here for the past 48 hours.

I think we're all very disappointed, frustrated and quite frankly amazed that the game is off as none of us living in the area can believe that the pitch would not be thawed out and playable by 3.00. Normally we can see with our own eyes, step out into our back gardens and appreciate the frozen turf and freezing temperature but this afternoon it's 5 degrees and supposed to be sunny at 3 and 4 o'clock. It seems very odd.

Besides, I'll have to accompany my wife now to the shops and think about those odd jobs that I haven't got around to in the past few weeks. :sad:

Shopping with the missus and DIY - you've paid a heavy price, yewth!

It does raise a lot of questions why we're the only game right down to the Northern Premier that's been called off. I always think that temperatures drop further at the Vale than elsewhere as we're the second highest league pitch in the land (after West Brom) but it does raise a lot of questions why we're the only club to have postponed. On the positive side, it does give us an extra week to get our players fit and the new lads gelled into the team.

Just watching our rivals today to see if we can maintain the gap below us even though we're not playing. UTV.

Blame it on the clay pitch, one more reason for a new ground. Thanks for that, I will drop the Vale to number 3 in the altitude ranking.

That clay pitch has been a problem for years. I suspect we are the only club of the 92 still playing on a clay based pitch.

That clay pitch has been a problem for years. I suspect we are the only club of the 92 still playing on a clay based pitch.

It would have been the soil that came with the land in the 1940s. To sort the pitch out you'd have to dig down very deep. It would probably be ridiculously expensive and not do-able in a close season.

Thanks for that, Jacko. I do wonder if the Football League might be asking a few questions about our inability to get the game on.

As far as I can see we are to date still the only team in the top 5 divisions in the country to have our game called off.

I presume they are going ahead at places like Shrewsbury, Crewe and Walsall, not to mention all the other places down south where the weather has been much worse than here for the past 48 hours.

I think we're all very disappointed, frustrated and quite frankly amazed that the game is off as none of us living in the area can believe that the pitch would not be thawed out and playable by 3.00. Normally we can see with our own eyes, step out into our back gardens and appreciate the frozen turf and freezing temperature but this afternoon it's 5 degrees and supposed to be sunny at 3 and 4 o'clock. It seems very odd.

Besides, I'll have to accompany my wife now to the shops and think about those odd jobs that I haven't got around to in the past few weeks. :sad:

Crikey the conspiracy theories are in full systems go mode today! It's the referee who deems the pitch playable or not and Steve Speed backed the decision.

I blame Smurf anyway, I clearly heard him say the other day that he'd much prefer the much lower income of a number for march than a Saturday game as he ordered the players and staff out to wizz all over it to waterlog it!

Crikey the conspiracy theories are in full systems go mode today! It's the referee who deems the pitch playable or not and Steve Speed backed the decision.

I blame Smurf anyway, I clearly heard him say the other day that he'd much prefer the much lower income of a number for march than a Saturday game as he ordered the players and staff out to wizz all over it to waterlog it!

There you go again blaming smurf

All I've seen on fb today is smurf is this smurf it that because it's off if you want blame anyone blame the ref speedy does an amazing job with the equipment he has people seem to forget the games we've had on while others couldn't play all down to speedy and co

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Archived