onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale match against Milton Keynes is called off

News Feed

Advert

Vale's game is the first and ONLY one off so far. This has happened before...not a great effort into making sure the game is on. This game will now be played on a Tuesday night and another low attendance with very few coming from MK.

Crawley had their covers on since Thursday and their pitch is playable. Time for undersoil heating this should not be happening this day in age

Were the covers on the pitch?

My gut feeling is no.

The weather forecast on Thursday was for snow.

Shows what a bunch of amateurs we have running the club.

Did Norman really want the game to be played with Alnick and Streete out. What have the ground staff done to clear the pitch.

There is no frost today and rain falling.

The temperature has risen so I imagine that by kick off time

The pitch will be perfectly playable.Another delay to give Brown chance to prove himself before the end of the transfer window.

But it is obvious the job is his by Norman extending his contract.

Taking us for a load of mugs again Norman.

Years ago they played in much worse conditions than this. If it snowed they'd use an orange ball, mark the lines in blue and get on with it. Even a bit of mud and rain didn't put them off, splashing through the puddles and sliding tackles galore.

It does seem a surprising decision given the temperature wasn't below freezing last night. Is if off because of a waterlogged pitch or a frozen one?

Very disappointing, so far the only game in England to be called off. For the life of me I can't imagine the covers not being on, but the temperatures have barely hit 0 degrees which begs the question do our covers actually do any protecting.

I think the covers were on but as you say it seems a very surprising decision as the temperature overnight didn't drop below about 1 and today it's 4-5 degrees. We do, however, seem to have a problem in the shadow of the Railway Stand.

It is odd though when, as you say, we are currently the only club with a postponement in the entire country. I'm sure others will get called off later though, to be fair. What's the situation at Crewe, Shrewsbury & Walsall?

"Crawley had their covers on since Thursday and their pitch is playable. Time for undersoil heating this should not be happening this day in age" (whotobeakiller)

...undersoil heating has been suggested to Smurf before, and he agrees that it would be an excellent idea, but until now he was uncertain where to send the huge bill... :wink

Archived