onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New manager??

werstayinup

Advert

Gary Rowett for me or Keith Hill.

Rowett and Hill won't come here. Hill happy at Rochdale and Rowett destined for the Championship. We are a small club with little money to spare. We tend to go for untested guys like Deano or Page, both managerial failures or Rudgie, the greatest manager whoever walked upon this earth. Either that or managers on the way down like Gannon. Browny falls within category number one and hopefully will be a Rudgie clone.

Since gaining promotion from L2 to L1 successful managment has been retrogressing: Adams,Page,Bruno,(Brown?).

Time that the Port Vale chairman realized that a manager who is tactically experienced and can encourage and bring out the best in his footballers is paramount and that 'penny pinching' is not good policy for success.

The same names every time! Ainsworth is not good enough and why anyone would think he is is beyond me. If you think because he was a good player he'll be a returning hero, then you're completely deluded. He only played 54 games before he jumped ship, we mean nothing to him and his management should mean the same to us.

Exactly,I too wished it had have worked out.Sick of seeing toss old players stealing a living with the odd exception.

Fans who think all these new players from abroad are toss ,they have a good load of technical ability and need time to come to terms with English football.They must be feeling like lost sheep.The idea seemed/seems right to me,I think ,if these lads don't end up getting moved on,we will have a bloody good side next season.

Totally agree with this. We need a manager to get the likes of Amorous, Kiko, De Freitas and even Turner and Gibbons fit and strong. An Adams type manager who is firm and would drill them hard could work wonders. We COULD have a very decent squad for the next few years with the right guidance.

You got admit, most of the foreign crap we brought in would struggle getting in Leek Towns side. Im sure i could do a better job than Bambi up front yesterday. Shocking we really are.

Abosute crap. Almost all of the players are an improvement on last season. Problem has been negative tactics and players in the wrong positions. We've got the making of what could be a very good side for seasons to come. Just need the right guidance now. This season could get very interesting now Bruno has gone.

Jackett for me if he would come, which I doubt.

I have been disillusioned with the club for a few years now but follow it avidly via press and radio. When I read people suggesting Adams again I lose all faith. Personally I just can not see Norman Smurthwaite doing anything else but the cheapest option again and I doubt it will not work again. Dream on if you wish but It is highly unlikely the best candidate will win again and we could soon be joining Crewe again without we get some proper leadership onboard.Happy new year.

The squad is decent and I can't think of any player from last season I'd have back. When Dodds was on form we probably haven't replaced him (but his inconsistency was a massive issue) and we probably haven't replaced Dickinsons leadership albeit his ability was limited. De Freitas, Amoros, Reg, Knops and Kiko have all shown they can hack it at this level and the younger ones should with the right guidance prove to be good players for us. Only Tavares of the others has had enough game time to be judged and I don't believe he is good enough. We need an experienced manager that can not only sort the squad out but also give some heart to the fans. Rowett or Hasselbaink for me if affordable although I feel the former may be attractive to bigger clubs. I'd accept Adkins too but not Adams who was a defeated soul last time he left here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived