onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New manager??

werstayinup

I just hope Norman learns from his mistakes. The manager is the most important person at the club - appoint a crap one and the only way is down, appoint a good, experienced one and you have a chance. Norman has spent all his money this season on the pitch rather than in the dugout. We have a squad of 36 players at least 10 of whom are surplus to requirements. I bet we're paying the sort of wedge in wages each week to those players that could buy us a very decent manager.

I have no idea what sort of candidate will apply for the job but Norman must go for the best, not the cheapest or we will simply be watching groundhog day.

well said Jean but this is Smurt (I do it my way)waite, tell him Gary Rowett is available.

Advert

Most fans with a few braincells are well aware that the owner will recruit on the cheap. Browny is favourite because he is the cheapest option of all. Nowt against him and he may make a future manager but the only way to get some of the missing fans back is to appoint an exciting, ambitious manager but they cost money don't they and despite all of his clap trap Smurthwaite won't do that. He prefers to scrat around looking for a miracle.

I must say I have to chuckle when I see some of the fanciful names that have been suggested on this site because I will see pigs flying over Vale Park before any of those recognised managers.

This is the principal reason why the fans are disappearing so rapidly and those like me that are still there are doing it out of blind loyalty because it certainly can't be because of the rubbish that is the norm unfortunately. Norman keeps looking for gold on the managerial rubbish tip but all he will find is 'fools gold' and that is very apt I feel.

Most fans with a few braincells are well aware that the owner will recruit on the cheap. Browny is favourite because he is the cheapest option of all. Nowt against him and he may make a future manager but the only way to get some of the missing fans back is to appoint an exciting, ambitious manager but they cost money don't they and despite all of his clap trap Smurthwaite won't do that. He prefers to scrat around looking for a miracle.

I must say I have to chuckle when I see some of the fanciful names that have been suggested on this site because I will see pigs flying over Vale Park before any of those recognised managers.

This is the principal reason why the fans are disappearing so rapidly and those like me that are still there are doing it out of blind loyalty because it certainly can't be because of the rubbish that is the norm unfortunately. Norman keeps looking for gold on the managerial rubbish tip but all he will find is 'fools gold' and that is very apt I feel.

Ayup there is bad news and Owd is back!

Burton wouldn't have paid good money to the likes of Rowett or JFH so why would they be out of our league they would know that the kind of wages they would expect at league one level and would realise they just might need to take a step back to move forward if they seriously wanted to get back into management!

Rowett isn't massively out of our league. He was at Burton, had a crack at the Championship and failed, putting him firmly back on our radar.
Sorry Yukon but ask any Brum fan and they would say that he was a massive success. I do agree though this is the calibre of manager we should be trying to bring in and how many extra fans would he bring back to the fold at least a thousand by my reckoning.

Guest TommyMac
Abosute crap. Almost all of the players are an improvement on last season. Problem has been negative tactics and players in the wrong positions. We've got the making of what could be a very good side for seasons to come. Just need the right guidance now. This season could get very interesting now Bruno has gone.

Absolute crap. None of the foreign players are an improvement on last season and we had negative tactics last season too. Now Bruno has gone it will be interesting to see how many of his recruits get a game.

Guest TommyMac
So they aren't an improvement on players in the relegation zone in league 1 or languishing in league 2' date=' good logic! :laugh:[/quote']

They aren't an improvement on players who finished 12th in league one last season. **** for brains :laugh:

Archived