onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: AFC Wimbledon v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

That's the straw for me today, I've joined the dark side and think he now has to go. I thought plan B would be to just to bring in some experience and not get rid of the manager but as Bea mentioned above he is not learning from mistakes. One up top, square pegs and zonal marking the main reasons for me. I think some of the new players we have in the side do have potential for the future so i wouldn't want them all to go but we need players for now. It's a brilliant vision to build for the future but unless we sort out the first team as a priority we will just go backwards. I'm not going to criticize the chairman for this, it's his gamble but he doesn't do it to lose, he obviously wants us to be winning and i think he will get some more experience in the next window. I would like him to hold his hands up though and just admit that it's going wrong and he is going to fix it.

We conceded 3 at home v Northampton and he continues with the same back four who didnt do there jobs last week and obviously havent this week .

Chris Robertson scored that says it all a awful player for us yet scores the fourth today .

I aint been so cannot judge but the problem lies with the manager and he is keeping faith with players out of form like Streete and Smith .

To lose like that well it shows how much Vale have fallen over the years .

Very disappointing i feel for the hearty loyal fans who have gone .

Still love me Vale but league two beckons ,the slide is too terminal at present its going take leadership to change it .

There is a vast differents between premiership champions and league three ***** teams the Wimbledon wombles

Looks like it even against ten men i suppose that is why they are champions of england by the way your spelling is a bit off or is it the ale you have been on merry xmas.:razz:

No doubt the vitriol will be 90 per cent for Bruno, and I am not going to defend him as he has shown an unwillingness to learn from mistakes.

Responsibility is the key thing here though, and one or two regular posters will no doubt slam Bruno but not say a word about the man who was so gullible and misguided and naïve to employ him and agree to take on a whole raft of players with no experience of English football. In fairness, the younger ones would always need time to learn.

Mourinho should be ashamed if he recommended Bruno, he used Vale as a pawn to get his long-term pal a job after Bruno had not been a success or stayed anywhere much more than some weeks.

But Smurf was starstruck and listened to the false promises of loaned Manchester United players and the rest of the rubbish from Jose. Was there ever any chance of getting any loans form MUFC - I doubt it.

Smurf - this was YOUR experiment, you told us you got rid of a perfectly decent and improving manager and engineered his leaving, and you must take the responsibility, Plan B or no plan B makes no difference. That manager rubbed your nose in the dirt last week, we were the ones to suffer.

Also, I for one don't want to see Brown take over - he has had considerable input already and things have still been bad, it needs a new man and new assistant and backroom team.

If Bruno goes then Brown should go too - but although they were not good enough, the man who really should hang his head in shame will no doubt forget all the weasel words he has been feeding us for the last 18 months and take no blame.

Toast for Christmas dinner ? Sorry Smurf, but if you only buy stale bread for the festive meal then it's hard to make much else out of it.

Couldn't agree more Bea. A naive chairman is conned by Maureen and we end up with a bloke who simply isn't up to the job. Today was embarrassing. Is that 5 goals we've conceded from corners in the last two games? He simply doesn't learn and keeps making the same mistakes over and over. Zonal marking with small players is madness.

Tend to agree with Bea & Jacko.

The manager & young players are doing their best and seen genuine and nice people.

The problem is the Chairman for all his good intentions gambled heavily on inexperience and the top 6 by Xmas and it hasn't paid off.

This is a tough league full of old pros and we are not good enough.

Hopeless at defending crosses and dreadfully inept in the final third is a recipe for disaster. We are badly in need of a boost but our current form is terrible.

The fat lady is singing and the buck stops with the Chairman. I'm not going to pillory the players

Archived