onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: AFC Wimbledon v Port Vale

Fosse69

Tend to agree with Bea & Jacko.

The manager & young players are doing their best and seen genuine and nice people.

The problem is the Chairman for all his good intentions gambled heavily on inexperience and the top 6 by Xmas and it hasn't paid off.

This is a tough league full of old pros and we are not good enough.

Hopeless at defending crosses and dreadfully inept in the final third is a recipe for disaster. We are badly in need of a boost but our current form is terrible.

The fat lady is singing and the buck stops with the Chairman. I'm not going to pillory the players

I agree. I've always tried to stick up for Smurf but this is getting beyond a joke now and the chairman carries the can. I think it stems back to the ******** at the start of the season when he built everyone's hopes up by saying the calibre of applications was mouthwatering and who do we end up with Mourhinho.s so called 'mate' that nobody has heard of. Nice one Smurf.

Advert

Tend to agree with Bea & Jacko.

The manager & young players are doing their best and seen genuine and nice people.

The problem is the Chairman for all his good intentions gambled heavily on inexperience and the top 6 by Xmas and it hasn't paid off.

This is a tough league full of old pros and we are not good enough.

Hopeless at defending crosses and dreadfully inept in the final third is a recipe for disaster. We are badly in need of a boost but our current form is terrible.

The fat lady is singing and the buck stops with the Chairman. I'm not going to pillory the players

Agree with slot of that Smurfs gamble has defo blown up in his face but I must point out that he has had a real go at trying something different and worked hard all summer to get what he believes was the man for the job which wasn't the easy or cheap option I may add but unfortunately for him it's proved a terrible choice of manager. I like Smurf and I hope his plan B turns things around for us cus I genuinely believe he thought he was doing the right thing for the club going forward.

Agree with slot of that Smurfs gamble has defo blown up in his face but I must point out that he has had a real go at trying something different and worked hard all summer to get what he believes was the man for the job which wasn't the easy or cheap option I may add but unfortunately for him it's proved a terrible choice of manager. I like Smurf and I hope his plan B turns things around for us cus I genuinely believe he thought he was doing the right thing for the club going forward.

Its all Smurfs fault, of course it is, the team only needed a few minor adjustments at the beginning of the season, his treatment of staff at the end of last season was disgraceful and his experiment has failed everyone who knew football knew it would fail,and so subsequently its all blowing up in his face.

Worst case scenario could be that Smurf keeps Bruno, whilst trying to sell the club.With no incentive, the players would stop trying ( have they already?)

and we'd end up in L2, the club gets sold for a pittance, and then Bruno departs , albeit too late. Serious problems then.

Agreed, but I cannot see Bruno staying. Even if ManU send 3 or 4 players they would have to play in a proper formation to make any difference, that to me is the problem.

Its all Smurfs fault, of course it is, the team only needed a few minor adjustments at the beginning of the season, his treatment of staff at the end of last season was disgraceful and his experiment has failed everyone who knew football knew it would fail,and so subsequently its all blowing up in his face.

And there was a precedent last season at Notts County.

Try telling that to the Bruno fans, only last week one was comparing Bruno to Jaap Stam at Reading, couldn't make it up.

I want Bruno gone but all this talk about only playing one striker being the problem is nonsense. It's not the formation itself that's the problem, it's how it's played. Given the opposition freely cut through us when we play 3 central midfielders, I dread to think what they would do if there was only 2.

This whole situation is an absolute farce. We needed evolution over the summer, not revolution, and certainly not a revolution that involved so many untried and untested players at this level having to faimilarise themselves with the country let alone what is required of them on the pitch. If we signed 3 and gradually introduced them then fine but such a volume has de-stabilized the club. The worringing thing is it's not only the foreign chancers that are concerning - Patterson is a joke - what an earth were we thinking?

I'm a ST holder and will continue to be one but I've never felt so unconnected and disenfranchised with the club from owner to manager to players.

I want Bruno gone but all this talk about only playing one striker being the problem is nonsense. It's not the formation itself that's the problem, it's how it's played. Given the opposition freely cut through us when we play 3 central midfielders, I dread to think what they would do if there was only 2.

This whole situation is an absolute farce. We needed evolution over the summer, not revolution, and certainly not a revolution that involved so many untried and untested players at this level having to faimilarise themselves with the country let alone what is required of them on the pitch. If we signed 3 and gradually introduced them then fine but such a volume has de-stabilized the club. The worringing thing is it's not only the foreign chancers that are concerning - Patterson is a joke - what an earth were we thinking?

I'm a ST holder and will continue to be one but I've never felt so unconnected and disenfranchised with the club from owner to manager to players.

Exactly. One up front can be attacking and effective if deployed correctly. We severely lack goals from midfield more than the strikers.

Possibly it's the remoteness of the people at the top that's the problem. Prior to Smurf, and if you ignore the debacle that was V2001, there was never a time when there wasn't a local connection - from Bell backwards those in charge were Vale fans; businessmen first but Vale at heart, and living close to the club's support must have influenced them. I'm not saying Smurf doesn't have passion for Vale but does he have the connection with the club that comes from the heart? In the end it's just another business he owns, in which he has cash invested but not soul. If we're expecting Norman to make the right decision it'll be with head rather than heart.

Not long got back after another shambles of an away performance. We were truly dreadful yet again and if it wasn't for the heroics of Alnwick in goal, it would have been 8 or 9. The only reason it was nil nil at half time was down to some great goalkeeping, if Jak could command his area, we would have a million pound keeper on our hands.

Bruno has to go for me, the away performances have been awful and we don't look capable of getting anything. While the manager needs to go, those players bar Alnwick need to take a good look at themselves, not sure they will be while enjoying their Christmas party in London tonight.

Archived