onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Shrewsbury Town v Port Vale

boslemportvale91

Advert

I'd say 600 is a decent following as others have stated the novelty has worn off and for me is the same as every other match.
p##s poor in my eyes when not long ago so called SVA were on here saying how great our away support was. Ffs its only 1 hour to Shrewsbury!!

Absolutely with our squad, team selections, formations and tactics it is going to be tough:smile:

Still positive for tomorrow, hoping for a good day, good performance, point(s), any 2 from 3 and I'm happy.

Thankfully I can still remember back to our even more disappointing squad, team selections and tactics last season :laugh:

To be fair I will take 1 from your 3 if it's just 3 points! ;)

p##s poor in my eyes when not long ago so called SVA were on here saying how great our away support was. Ffs its only 1 hour to Shrewsbury!!

It just goes to show the ambivalence surrounding the club at the moment and lack of confidence in Smurfs experiment.

I'd say 600 is a decent following as others have stated the novelty has worn off and for me is the same as every other match.

It's not the novelty wearing off as to why the away following will be pretty low, it's because we are playing so poorly and the away form is completely shocking. We took over 1100 last year even though we have been about 5 or 6 times before.

When Shrewsbury come to Vale we always take the p*** out of there woeful following, tomorrow we will be taking similar numbers.

Anyway hoping for a good day out in Shrewsbury town centre before the game, some decent pubs and most importantly 3 needed points and a performance would be a bonus.

Team for me has got to be:

Alnwick

Taylor, Streete, Smith, Knops, Kiko

De Freitas, Amoros, Pereria

Reg, Jones

There are several concerns at the moment for me. Firstly we are too slow and ponderous in possession; secondly the ball isn't sticking up top; thirdly we have no strength in wide areas or in the centre of midfield. I'm afraid Paterson, Tavares and Kelly need to sit this one out.

I believe this formation fits the players at our disposal and should largely address the above.

I don't know what sort of service from wide areas Shrewsbury have, but at least having 3 pretty good headers of the ball at the back means we should be able to attack any crosses whilst being alert to any link up play in middle from Dodds and AJLS assuming they play.

We all know McGivern is an accident waiting to happen who is not great in the air and generally has poor decision-making so hopefully Reg can make life uncomfortable and Jones can be alert in the box when McGivern foes inevitably switch-off. I think we would get something out of the game with that side/formation.

Ordinarily I would go this but given the atrocious performance at Sheffield (my last away game) and some truly dull home performances I'm giving it a miss.

Such is my rapidly falling confidence in Bruno I fear we will once again go 4-2-3-1 with Tavares, Kelly, Paterson starting and Jones out wide, leading to another turgid display. In which case Bruno deserves all the flack that will come his way as, in my mind, after only drawing with Oldham even a draw today is not a great result. We'll see.

Anyone been to the Charles Darwin beforehand? We always go by car so go to the Brooklands because it's easy but had enough of it now, they put you in that separate room with no atmosphere whatsoever! Or any other pubs a walk away from the ground?

We normally go in there.It's ok.Mixture of home and away fans.Never seen any trouble in there.Not that big.Food if you want it.Chippy over the road.10-15 minute walk to and from the ground.

Team for me has got to be:

Alnwick

Taylor, Streete, Smith, Knops, Kiko

De Freitas, Amoros, Pereria

Reg, Jones

There are several concerns at the moment for me. Firstly we are too slow and ponderous in possession; secondly the ball isn't sticking up top; thirdly we have no strength in wide areas or in the centre of midfield. I'm afraid Paterson, Tavares and Kelly need to sit this one out.

I believe this formation fits the players at our disposal and should largely address the above.

I don't know what sort of service from wide areas Shrewsbury have, but at least having 3 pretty good headers of the ball at the back means we should be able to attack any crosses whilst being alert to any link up play in middle from Dodds and AJLS assuming they play.

We all know McGivern is an accident waiting to happen who is not great in the air and generally has poor decision-making so hopefully Reg can make life uncomfortable and Jones can be alert in the box when McGivern foes inevitably switch-off. I think we would get something out of the game with that side/formation.

Ordinarily I would go this but given the atrocious performance at Sheffield (my last away game) and some truly dull home performances I'm giving it a miss.

Such is my rapidly falling confidence in Bruno I fear we will once again go 4-2-3-1 with Tavares, Kelly, Paterson starting and Jones out wide, leading to another turgid display. In which case Bruno deserves all the flack that will come his way as, in my mind, after only drawing with Oldham even a draw today is not a great result. We'll see.

Great post!

Archived