onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Charlton Athletic

Fosse69

Pre-match, match, and post match comments welcome.

The visit of the other Valiants from the Valley may include the flying pigs seen in their 3-0 win over Coventry. Hopefully we will be able to deal better with their bustling striker Magennis than did Cov.

Time for a new formation? Injured players coming back?

Advert

I think he will make changes for this one but still stick with one up front,personally i think we should go at teams who are lower than us at home and maybe go 4-4-2 for this one

........................Alnwick.................

..Purkiss.........Streete.........Smith......Knops....

...Shalaj........Grant.........Foley........Thomas/Hart..

..............Jones.........Patto/Turner......

I have said Shalaj as he came rated highly by Bruno so lets see him(unless injured,still not convinced with Patto so lets see if Turner can be a surprise package in this League.

Now in reality i think Bruno will stick with the same system and bring Tavares or Pereira in for Amoros,he could spring a surprise at the back as well

The problem is with our long injury list we don't have too many viable alternatives in the attacking third.

I too think we might as well have a go with two up front and although he doesn't look completely ready yet I think I'd stick big Cecilia up there alongside Jones and revisit who plays on the wings.

Persist with Hart perhaps but consider Shalaj or Kelly, even though I'm not sure they are up to it for 90 minutes.

The worry is that Foley is probably injured now so we need to replace him too.

It's also time for Purkiss to stand up and be counted. He's been poor this season.

Guest TommyMac

........................Alnwick.... .............

..??????.........Streete.........Smith......Hart....

...Kelly........Grant.........Foley........Thomas.....

..............Jones.........Turner............

Right back is a problem. As The Sage says, Purkiss has been really poor this season and MacIntosch doesn't fill me with confidence at full back. Not sure Jones and Turner have enough steel to play together up front but no-one else is doing enough to warrant selection.

Who can replace Purkiss, certainly not MacIntosh. Need to play two upfront. I'd go Cecilia and Jones with Shelaj out wide. I suspect sadly that Foley will be injured. I'd go with Grant, Amoros and Periera in midfield.

We should recall young James Gibbons from Leek. He would be decent cover at right back.

Well u make a statement u cannot expect be picked when u aint turned up the game before or else it becomes a habit a bad habit .

So id ruffle some feathers as no one is irreplaceable ,as i didnt go v Sheffield Utd i can only go off the goals conceded which were amateurish to say the least .

Alnwick

Gibbons Streete Smith Mcintosh Hart

Grant Foley Amouros

Cecilia Turner

Jones has been poor lately ,Knopps at fault yet again for the vital first goal ,Patterson ,whats the point in him ,Purkiss like a headless chicken not seen anything from him what suggests he is at it .

A 5_3_2 system will allow Gibbons and Hart to get crosses in and hopefully Cecelia can either lay it off for the lad Turner who might be the answer he might not If not stick Smith up front he seems to have the will to get his head on the ball .

We need to wake up

We should recall young James Gibbons from Leek. He would be decent cover at right back.

Purkiss isn't playing as well this season. Certainly bringing in Gibbons might give Purkiss the kick he needs. But I'm sure I read in the Sentinel that Leek said hes come back to us because he's injured. But they seem impressed with him from what I've read.

I hope we play 442 with jones and someone up front. Probably Paterson but wish Forrester was fit, maybe Cecila.

Thomas and Foley/ Hart on the wings

Grant Amaros in the middle.

I think Pato works best with someone more mobile running off him. I know it was only Derby u23s, but that combination seemed to work well that night with him and Forrester.

I still think we're struggling for a right winger at the moment. Is Foley effective enough out there?

Graham Salisbury is the referee for this one. We haven't had him since his shocker in the Sheffield United home game last season. He gave them everything in the second half while we were defending a 2-0 lead.

The old duffer really ought to have retired by now.

Archived