onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Charlton Athletic

Fosse69

Advert

00:10 - Knops, Hart and Tavares backing off the ball and ball-watching - why?

4 Vale players around him and their player still wins the header - why?

I stopped here because I really can't be arsed to analyse the rest of the video. It would take all day. Horrendous defending.

Knopps can't go to the ball because of the overlapping full back. Hart hasn't helped him out enough because he hasn't tracked the runner (which is his job) and he hasn't got out to stop the cross quickly.

The headers a good one, watch as the ball comes in he puts a hand on Streete to put him off and give himslef the space. Thats good forward play.

Strange season indeed and although we are not firing on anything like all cylinders we are comfortably placed. Got to be reasonably 'appy with that, haven't we?

In most parts of the world, yes.

In The Potteries, birthplace of pessimism and negativity, no chance.

Just look at that embarrassing "crowd" last night.

In our highest position for a decade, on a lovely crisp Autumn night for football, and we can muster 3,000.

In our highest position for a decade, on a lovely crisp Autumn night for football, and we can muster 3,000.

Pessimism m8 defo ,first half last night after the first ten mins there was nothing to warm your heart ,no crunching tackles ,slow one pace football ,players not getting close to there players and what seemed a lack of effort heart and character .

Second half there was plenty of what was missing in that first half in terms of endeavour heart and effort and the fans warmed to that ,potteries folk will accept been beaten by a better side but willnever accept laying down and having there tummies tickled kind of performances .

The Coventry and Sheffield United games and for most parts of last night we have been playing deep within our own half ,so straight away u thinking the players have no believe in themselves ,get in there faces ,move 20 yards further up the pitch and show some desire to win the game .

They didnt and that is why the current playerswho take to the field r been slated ,they r bringing on there own misfortune because they r lacking the balls for a fight ,but i saw signs especially second half when they were competing and driven that they r capable of much better performance levels ,well i hope so and so do the other loyal fans .

It was a horrible wet night but me my son and both my nephews attended ,did we enjoy it No but we live in hope that sat v Oxford we do .

I think this is a poor league and despite our faults were in with a chance of a playoff place.

We're showing mistabke form at best but think with Forrester back we will turn it round. I haven't seen / listened to a complete good performance this season. Usually poor in the first half but good second. Or failure to turn up at all. Grinding out points and playing poorly is the sign of a good team and to do it all season so far to me says it's not a fluke.

It does appear abundantly clear that Smurf's very peculiar "Customer care" policy is not striking a chord with quite a few Vale supporters.Either that or maybe the entertainment value at Vale this season is perceived to be worse than last season....

Get your black and white tinted glasses off folks then you will see we are a pretty poor outfit to be fair,with even more deadwood than last season !!!

Sent from my LG-V400 using Tapatalk

Disagree, we've got pretty bad injuries right now and we're (just about)coping. There were 4 out last night who have been first choice starters this season.

I'll admit my viewing of Vale so far this season has been severly restricted but from what I can see the team has been on a dip since Forrester got injured. The highlights seem to show him abley holding up the ball for the midfield.

A point at home with a depleted first XI isn't bad at all. And the table position is a million times better than I'd expected.

Being positive.

Archived