onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Charlton Athletic

Fosse69

I don't think it will make much difference who he selects, we have no real depth of quality in the squad. I have seen Kelly in the reserves a couple of times recently and he doesn't look like he would offer much to the first team at the moment. Shame as he started to look like he might have potential last season. The change of manager doesn't seem to have helped him.

Advert

I don't think it will make much difference who he selects, we have no real depth of quality in the squad. I have seen Kelly in the reserves a couple of times recently and he doesn't look like he would offer much to the first team at the moment. Shame as he started to look like he might have potential last season. The change of manager doesn't seem to have helped him.

Stop talking complete rubbish!!! We are 7th! For me I think we have loads of depth! Especially at the back and in centre mid.

It's got us 7th.... beaten some very decent sides in doing so as well.

It's not 1 up top that's the issue. It's getting support to him, hence why I don't think foley has been good enough. For the formation to work the lone striker needs support from the man behind him and foley hasn't done that enough recently.

Alnwick

Purkiss (needs to improve though)

Smith

Streete

Knopps

Grant

Tavares

Jones

Pereira

Thomas

Paterson

You feel Foley hasn't been good enough lately? It's because he's doing a defensive cover in addition to being the engineroom going forward. He is a good 1st Division 1 midfielder, not a Premier player!

Without him in the squad we are absolutely nowhere going forward, just my opinion of course!

It's a breezy and wet night - conditions that tend to favour the bigger, more direct teams and not the ones who play tip-tap football so it'll be another test for us.

The minimum I'd like to see is 100% commitment and endeavour, playing to their potential, and being solid as a team. We've also got to find away of pushing up the pitch more in support of the isolated forwards.

Let's hope we can do just that and have a few of our missing players back in the squad, as the bench looked weak to me on Saturday.

Fingers crossed. I'm on my way. I hope you are right Swedish Valiant!

For me all things considered our home form is as good as anyone's. Tonight is all about confidence. And the bookies dont seem to think we have it offering 21/10, mmmm.

Its probably because the bookies have Charlton to finish top 6 still and us to finish bottom 6 still.

Still a big kid, I can't get to the game, but turn on Radio Stoke to eagerly await team news and I am confronted by the living death voice of Ray Williams, who makes saying 'Good Evening' sound like someone asking Hitler in his bunker how its going in spring 1945.

Do we have to have this miserable grumphound whining on about players being scapegoats in one breath then saying they should all be dropped, all with the enthusiasm of a dead amoeba and sounding like he couldn't care less if Vale win or not, so long as he gets a good 100 or more moans in.

For God's sake, can't we have someone who is at least interested, and possibly interesting to listen to instead of this tired old whinger time and again. There must be a funeral directors place short of staff where Ray could ply his trade more meaningfully.

Archived