onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who is coming in to replace JJ?

robf

Advert

This talk of somebody coming into replace jj might not even happen, bcoz im sure it wasnt planned.

The talk of adam armstrong, well it would be a great loan signing if it happened, personally i think newcastle should be ashamed, a good young raw english striker, kinda has attributes similar to vardy, but benitez or newcastle not giving him a chance, hope the lad get's a permo move somewhere and scores past them. beasty who started / where exactly have you heard the rumours, what exactly was said mate?

thanks,

Armstrong has already made two sub appearances for the Newcastle first team this season under Benitez. He is unlikely to get in ahead of Gayle or Perez and is a completely different type of player to Mitrovic - better send him out on loan to get proper grown up football than have him sitting on the bench and playing for the U23 team.

Another name from me and one that may be more realistic.

Andy Williams from Doncaster. Apparently number one target last summer but opted for Rovers over us. On big wages but we have just removed Saleiro and Hooper from the wage bill. Works as a solitary striker and scored a lot of goals for Swindon in that position. May prefer League One football over League Two. On a long contract but if Doncaster don't want to pay his high wages it probably wouldn't take much of a fee to get him.

I have no idea if we are looking at him but he may be more likely than a high earning Championship player perhaps?

Page likes jj but he hasn't proved anything on the pitch yet, look at the good comments that kept being aimed at Ben Williamson even pope raved about him but he disappointed us and has done nothing since he left.

Not quite. Ben Williamson has scored 12 in 28 games since joining Cambridge United, much, much better than he achieved here. He stepped down a league and his scoring ratio has accordingly gone up.

I don't think there's anything suspicious about JJ going, other than the fact that he's been played out of position and doesn't like it.

He's someone I wanted to keep and to develop. He scored a few excellent goals last year, cutting in on his right foot, and has potential I feel, but clearly isn't in Bruno's plans. Odd that because you could argue that he's the 'best' of our current crop. But if he isn't playing up top he isn't going to be a happy bunny is he?

Can't see us matching Coventry for Armstrong, sadly. And if we can't afford Tyson or Pope it's hard to see how we can afford to be bring in a top quality striker. Hope I'm wrong, of course, but the players we've brought in so far have been a little bit underwhelming and largely unknown.

I'm crossing my fingers because I think Norman badly wants Bruno to do well and he just might dig deep and surprise us all. It's obvious we do need a couple of forwards in before the end of August.

Good assessment Sage - I think you're right about JJ and hope you're right about Smurf digging deep to bring in someone who's the finished product. Otherwise, he's running the risk that the team will struggle to score, however much progress Bruno makes to the other aspects of our game.

The last time we were realistically trying to get out of this league (upwards, that is) we signed a top flight international striker coming to the end of his career. Them were the days

In the 1990's Tranmere came close to getting in the Premier League. The catalyst was John Aldridge aged 32 signed for £230,000. He played until he was 40 at Championship level. One of the games I saw him play in his last season he was marked by John Wark who was also 40 and had switched to playing centre half for Ipswich to extend his career.

I'm crossing my fingers because I think Norman badly wants Bruno to do well and he just might dig deep and surprise us all. It's obvious we do need a couple of forwards in before the end of August.

The same thought has also gone through my mind viz Smurf/Bruno. Perhaps after not scoring against league opposition in pre-season and the front men looking more than a tad goal shy so far in the Lge 1/EFL trophy games a revamp of the attacking option is in order.

Is money going to be made available for an experienced target man in the mold of Pope or Williams, a proven goal scorer of the ilk of Adam La Fondre and a fast tricky winger from a Prem/Championship club. It's a long shot but something has to be done 'cause it's hard to see the likes of Forrester, Cecilia, Thomas or Mbamba contributing a significant number of goals.

In answer to the thread starter, a winger i hope.

Lets face it, we will not miss JJ when he is played out of position. So we need someone to fill his position which was hung out to dry on the wing.

Even at the top level we have seen that strikers shoved out wide of a front three doesnt work.

I only hope in the short term Cicilia doesnt go up top and Anton gets shoved out wide.

Love to get Adam Le Fondre' date=' maybe out of reach mind.[/quote']

Not if the chairman REALLY puts his money in it. Instead of crowing on twitter that he has funded all these 30+ players we do not need.

A squad of 23 + Le Fondre would not be far off the budget now.

A goalscorer will get us up there.

Not if the chairman REALLY puts his money in it. Instead of crowing on twitter that he has funded all these 30+ players we do not need.

A squad of 23 + Le Fondre would not be far off the budget now.

A goalscorer will get us up there.

Save your breath kid.

Archived