onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday thread: Port Vale v Rochdale

robf

Just before the Southend match, sourceofthetrent posted the following:-

-----------------------------------------------------------

Southend will treat us like a fish, we're in for a battering. We won't score in a million years and will have about 6 points on the board by Christmas. I'm completely outside my comfort zone with all these Johnny Foreigner players and manager and can't see how they can possibly be as good as a team of British-only players. blah lah blah......

------------------------------------------------------------------

NOEL... NOEL...... FESTIVE GREETINGS TO ALL

Can I be the first to wish all Vale fans a Merry Christmas, and I'm astonished it is so warm for mid-winter. Enjoy your turkey and the 7 points (not just 6) we already have in the bag, thanks to our sublime combination of home-grown and Johhny Fo talent.

Are they dredging the Trent anytime soon, if so they know which end to start.:laugh:

He must have got mixed up with the Blunts, they had the 3-0 battering tonight by Southend.

Advert

Southend will treat us like a fish, we're in for a battering. We won't score in a million years and will have about 6 points on the board by Christmas. I'm completely outside my comfort zone with all these Johnny Foreigner players and manager and can't see how they can possibly be as good as a team of British-only players. blah lah blah......

Can I be the first to wish all Vale fans a Merry Christmas, and I'm astonished it is so warm for mid-winter. Enjoy your turkey and the 7 points (not just 6) we already have in the bag, thanks to our sublime combination of home-grown and Johhny Fo talent.

Are they dredging the Trent anytime soon, if so they know which end to start.:laugh:

To be balanced he also posted this after as it was tongue in cheek

Seriously, great win and I hope Sourceofthetrent can manage to enjoy it a little too.

:shutup:

Quote Originally Posted by valiant_593 View Post

If this is a serious post then I'm really sorry. How embarrassing.

If you think that is a serious post then I'm really sorry. How embarrassing!

It just shows the level of moaning that goes on that anyone could be unsure of the sarcasm in my post, which is exactly the point I was trying to make.

In all honesty I'm unsure what to expect today, I thought we looked very solid at Bradford but unlikely to score in a month of Sundays but it's a very new team and we need to give them 5-6 games before making any firm judgements, good or bad.

He must have got mixed up with the Blunts, they had the 3-0 battering tonight by Southend.

Oh dear, if anyone who posts that about Vale actually supported Sheffield United with their current form, there would be an overdose of overdoses at A and E in the entire South Yorkshire area.

Another dreadful night for both the Sheffield clubs and Rotherham, although the other Yorkshire teams did a bit better.

:shutup:

Quote Originally Posted by valiant_593 View Post

If this is a serious post then I'm really sorry. How embarrassing.

If you think that is a serious post then I'm really sorry. How embarrassing!

It just shows the level of moaning that goes on that anyone could be unsure of the sarcasm in my post, which is exactly the point I was trying to make.

In all honesty I'm unsure what to expect today, I thought we looked very solid at Bradford but unlikely to score in a month of Sundays but it's a very new team and we need to give them 5-6 games before making any firm judgements, good or bad.

Fair enough, didn't see that as it isn't possible to have time to read every post in every thread. The way the match finished tonight, the promise of Jones plus perhaps one of these loan players...maybe a winger... although that has gone a bit quiet.....gives rise to huge expectations. but lets all enjoy where we are for now.

Seriously, great win and I hope Sourceofthetrent can manage to enjoy it a little too.

He was also taking the ****.

Good second half again Jones certainly looks the part would think he would make some telling runs behind the defence if Tavares and Foley can thread it through for him reads the line well did well for the penalty and the run around the keeper but just slipped at the vital time

I think he would play well together with Forester

@ bea totally agree,

brilliant start to season

its seems very strange though , we are solid and competitive and dont yet seems to have all the cogs working if we can get the link from midfield to forward line perfected whilst keeping it tight then we will have the magic formula but that might mean a change in formation.

Would like to see thomas on right so he can get crosses in, hooper seems awkward in his wide position but is showing great team attitude and doing his best. Jones looks excellent with making runs

The spine of the team is nearly picking itself which should hopefully lead to consistency and any sub coming on looks just as good as them who they replce which should bode well.

Very similar to Saturday. Very poor first half performance. They had a lot more shots on target than us and i felt we were fortunate to get to half time level.

Forrester was too isolated, although he never stopped working. Hooper is out of position. If prefer to see him and Forrester through the middle.

Second half much better, again like Saturday. If we can keep getting results as more of the players get bedded into the team we will have a sound foundation for the rest of the season.

Foley immense. Streete and Smith great. Glad Purkiss is back. Alnwick much more commanding too. Subs all had a positive impact again (unlike last season).

Hooper poor tonight , pulling out of tackles , not chasing down , didn't look bothered, as for the Peno well enough said!!! And how many times do you come out of a winning game and still berate the officials they were woeful!! That Jones looks a handful! Good win!!

Didn't think that he was so bad considering he was out of position. You forgot to mention the absolute gem off a cross that he sent over that should have converted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Completely agree. He's been impressive - reads the game well and is looking very good at left-back, particularly as he's out of position there.

And who would we stick back there if is he is injured? De Freitas was getting pulled all over the place when he had to cover and was beaten on a few occasions in the air. Difficult for him admittedly but hope that we get some sort of cover in fairly soon.

Where is this pub team spunk trumpet, sage, TJH and rabid zebra were going on about?

You need to grow up fella.

I never once mentioned we were a pub team, just concerned at the direction we were going in.

We are 3 games into a 43 game season. Its a great start. I am chuffed to bits.

I cant remember having any problem with you on here. Why call me out after a win? If you believe i want us to fail you dont have much going on up top at all.

We may yet go down. We may yet go up. We may yet have a midtable finish. Who knows? The season is very, very young. And calling out your fellow vale fans is pretty petulant.

When this board was in meltdown after a March defeat to Bristol Rovers sent us to third, in the promotion season, i was in a very small minority backing Micky and the lads.

So how about a truce called between those fans who have "concerns" (we are still only three games in) and those fans who think everything is rosy?

Lets be honest, it does this messageboard, or the club, any good at all.

We all need to stand together without the pathetic, petty little comments. Myself included.

Archived