onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday thread: Bradford City v Port Vale

robf

Sorry completely disagree. Especially with your line that if half a dozen games had been played then they would comfortably win. How did you work that one out? Most of our team were on debut and loads playing their first match in England. I'd expect us to much stronger after half a dozen matches as well! Imo Tavares was impressive and so was de Freitas. Peraira also when he came on.

It is my opinion and as I have not seen any of the friendlies I can only go on what I saw on Saturday. Cicilia, I would be surprised if he started six games as I thought he was woeful, couldn't jump and was hopelessly manhandled by a player a foot smaller than him. As for Tavares and De Freitas, I need to be convinced as they probably only made about six forward passes between them. I thought Pereira looked better than either of them. I see the Football League player had two Vale players in their team of the week (Grant and Smith), I think hell will freeze over before any of the foreign contingent who played against Bradford appear in the team of the week. Again only my opinion.

Advert

What a difficult game to judge. For the first half an hour we were very poor, looked nervous and a little overcome by the situation. We did however grow into the game and on the whole limited Bradford's chances despite not creating too much ourselves. I think everyone contributed something although Cicilia really didn't look the part and De Freitas looked out of position to me but delivered a few dangerous set pieces. Defence looked solid and definitely got on top of Bradfords awkward front line by the end of the game.

Alwnick - 7 - Flapped at a couple but one really good save and steady distribution

Purkiss - 7 - Struggled to get forward but did well defensively.

Knops - 7 - Really good debut. Decent in the air and on the deck despite a few misplaced passes.

Smith - 8 - Incredibly calm and collected debut. Marshalled Hanson well.

Streete - 8 - Equally as good as Smith if not a touch better with some last ditch stuff.

Grant - 8 - At times going forward he looked nervy and rushed but defensively was a beast.

Tavares - 6 - A bit rough around the edges and some misplaced passes. Has talent but could take time to gel into the pace of the game.

Foley - 6 - Looks out of position in the hole behind the front man. Worked hard but struggled to have any offensive influence.

Thomas - 6 - Looked threatening but then never quite did anything.

De Freitas - 5 - Some decent set pieces but looked out of position from what I saw of him in preseason.

Cicilia - 4 - Sorry Reggie but you gotta be more physical and 'want it'. Not too bad on the deck but in terms of a target man it just didn't work.

Perreira - 6 - Definitely has some talent. Worth a start tomorrow.

Forrester - 6 - Lively but rarely troubling.

Mbamba - 6 - Could have nicked a couple of goals. A rough diamond.

It is my opinion and as I have not seen any of the friendlies I can only go on what I saw on Saturday. Cicilia, I would be surprised if he started six games as I thought he was woeful, couldn't jump and was hopelessly manhandled by a player a foot smaller than him. As for Tavares and De Freitas, I need to be convinced as they probably only made about six forward passes between them. I thought Pereira looked better than either of them. I see the Football League player had two Vale players in their team of the week (Grant and Smith), I think hell will freeze over before any of the foreign contingent who played against Bradford appear in the team of the week. Again only my opinion.

it is all about opinions, tavares will shortly be in a papers "team of the week" once he settled yesterday you could see the quality he has, just my opinion

We came away from one of the favourites in the league with a point without playing particularly well.

That's a positive.

We defended well all game, had a bit of luck and had a couple of decent half chances. In my opinion once the lads are up to speed we will be a really good team this year. UTV

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What a difficult game to judge. For the first half an hour we were very poor, looked nervous and a little overcome by the situation. We did however grow into the game and on the whole limited Bradford's chances despite not creating too much ourselves. I think everyone contributed something although Cicilia really didn't look the part and De Freitas looked out of position to me but delivered a few dangerous set pieces. Defence looked solid and definitely got on top of Bradfords awkward front line by the end of the game.

Alwnick - 7 - Flapped at a couple but one really good save and steady distribution

Purkiss - 7 - Struggled to get forward but did well defensively.

Knops - 7 - Really good debut. Decent in the air and on the deck despite a few misplaced passes.

Smith - 8 - Incredibly calm and collected debut. Marshalled Hanson well.

Streete - 8 - Equally as good as Smith if not a touch better with some last ditch stuff.

Grant - 8 - At times going forward he looked nervy and rushed but defensively was a beast.

Tavares - 6 - A bit rough around the edges and some misplaced passes. Has talent but could take time to gel into the pace of the game.

Foley - 6 - Looks out of position in the hole behind the front man. Worked hard but struggled to have any offensive influence.

Thomas - 6 - Looked threatening but then never quite did anything.

De Freitas - 5 - Some decent set pieces but looked out of position from what I saw of him in preseason.

Cicilia - 4 - Sorry Reggie but you gotta be more physical and 'want it'. Not too bad on the deck but in terms of a target man it just didn't work.

Perreira - 6 - Definitely has some talent. Worth a start tomorrow.

Forrester - 6 - Lively but rarely troubling.

Mbamba - 6 - Could have nicked a couple of goals. A rough diamond.

Quite a good test and intro to English L1 for most of the new lads. Playing against a robust team and one of the largest league crowds they are likely to find this season and come away with a point was a good result.

I expected Tavares to run the midfield on saturday but I think the pace of the game took him over but having said that the more games he plays it won't take him long to 'boss' the midfield like he did pre season, he was up against a very good player in Nicky Law who has a good pedigree Bradford have always had a good midfeild general over the years!!

Tacticly thought Bruno got it right on Sat but expect him to revert to two strikers on saturday just feel we need a good pacey winger who can go past people to make things happen, thought Mark Marshall did that for Bradford excellently on sat!

Archived