onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

UK Independence Day - 23 June, 2016?

Aussie Rules

Advert

Free, set free!!! RULE BRITANNIA!

The scare mongering threats and lies did not have the desired effects on the majority of ordinary every day normal BRITISH citizens.

Cameron and Osborne have lost all creditabilty and should resign.

Now that Britain has taken a lead and the union will be worse off other populations of the union may want a referendum to get out; especially when talks with speeding up the inclusion of Turkey resume next week.

I am an old man and the future of our glorious country does not concern me too much, I am happy for our future generations and especially my own family.

British politicians should now stop thinking of themselves and their financial greed and work to make our society a more equal one.

Dear Mr. Alf Garnett, thank you for your contribution.

It's the people who are about to retire who I feel sorry for, as their pensions value sit at least 10% down this morning. Ironic really as they probably voted out as well.

Unless Bon'ami, they were numbered in the eligible 28% who did not / could not for various reasons get to a polling booth.

i dont disagree, but there are plenty of other sticks to beat Nigel with, this isnt one of them

Surely Nigel is history now. According to him this is Independence Day so the very raison d'etre of his party is no longer there. Add to that the fact that we may not be United Kingdom in the future and I can see no reason why we should ever hear from him again.

One can but hope.

I'm a member of the younger generation.

Thank you for shafting me well and truly.

That is the most true sentiment expressed in this thread and I'm a member of the 'older' generation.

I honestly fear for the long term, not just economically either. The Leave campaign has been aimed at the Alf Garnett mentality and has succeeded.

100 years ago Europe was embroiled in a devastating war that handed economic power to the USA, fought by blindly jingoistic countries on all sides with the dying done by the working class populations of Europe. One of the strongest points of the EU has been to reduce the chances of a repeat of the two European wars of the 20th century (and the various other European wars of the past). I now fear a lurch to the right across Europe and we know where that can lead.

I'm disappointed in the result but it is what it is. However, I think a lot of Leave voters will feel cheated in the future as our economy is less successful, taxes rise to fund our huge defecit, welfare and pensions are cut as we can less well afford them and, to offset this because of demographic change, we continue to see mass immigration only it won't be so much 'free to come and go' EU citizens of a similar culture and value set it will be immigrants from under developed areas such as the middle east and Africa which will challenge our culture and values even further - exactly the thing a very large number of Leave voters don't want!

I hope I'm wrong but I fear I'm not.

Democracy is something a few on here can't stomach it seems.

The results of this Referendum are fascinating Steve - well, I think they are: there was a 72% turnout; a 52% : 48% victory for BREXIT; and a difference of approximately 1.2M votes separating BBREXIT and BRIN.

I see among the first non-British politicians to come out saying what a great day this is are Marine le Pen, leader of France's fascist National Front, and Donald Trump, America's leading racist. It's nice to know we are in such exalted company.

That is the most true sentiment expressed in this thread and I'm a member of the 'older' generation.

I honestly fear for the long term, not just economically either. The Leave campaign has been aimed at the Alf Garnett mentality and has succeeded.

100 years ago Europe was embroiled in a devastating war that handed economic power to the USA, fought by blindly jingoistic countries on all sides with the dying done by the working class populations of Europe. One of the strongest points of the EU has been to reduce the chances of a repeat of the two European wars of the 20th century (and the various other European wars of the past). I now fear a lurch to the right across Europe and we know where that can lead.

I'm disappointed in the result but it is what it is. However, I think a lot of Leave voters will feel cheated in the future as our economy is less successful, taxes rise to fund our huge defecit, welfare and pensions are cut as we can less well afford them and, to offset this because of demographic change, we continue to see mass immigration only it won't be so much 'free to come and go' EU citizens of a similar culture and value set it will be immigrants from under developed areas such as the middle east and Africa which will challenge our culture and values even further - exactly the thing a very large number of Leave voters don't want!

I hope I'm wrong but I fear I'm not.

Doom and gloom. Are you really Osborne in diguise?

We now have idependance and the people of the country can be ruled by the politicians that they vote for. Kown as democracy.

My glass is half full. Yours seems to behalf empty.

Well done Mr. Cameron for completely dividing your own country. Farage is one of the few to come out of this looking good, and remember he has little to gain from it in terms of reward power and position.

Farage may look good to you but he doesn't to me. If he is the decent, honest man that he claims Leave voters are, he should immediately resign from his position as an MEP and stop taking all his expenses from there.

100 years ago Europe was embroiled in a devastating war that handed economic power to the USA, fought by blindly jingoistic countries on all sides with the dying done by the working class populations of Europe...

Not just Europe Bon'Ami - not just Europe.

Archived