onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

UK Independence Day - 23 June, 2016?

Aussie Rules

Could be very bad news long term. Going to be interesting but potentially dangerous and potentially very costly times.

Interesting to see the breakdown that the inhabitants of NI and Scotland (of all countries) voted to stay yet England and Wales voted to leave.

Fair credit to Cameron for sticking to his principles and standing down, didn't think he'd have it in him.

he wanted something in him that's for certain.

Advert

I see among the first non-British politicians to come out saying what a great day this is are Marine le Pen, leader of France's fascist National Front, and Donald Trump, America's leading racist. It's nice to know we are in such exalted company.

could be worse, could be Clinton and legrande.

SNP are amusing...they want an independent Scotland but the people said no and now they want to have another go at an independence referendum which will break up one union so that they can join another. Bunch of chancers.

To be fair to them there has been a concrete material change in circumstance.

A key argument in their 2014 referendum was that it would take them years to join the EU if they became independent, impacting their trade and economy. They voted to stay in and, hey presto, they're coming out anyway.

If they'd called another referendum out of the blue I'd feel aggrieved, but for every region in Scotland voting to remain, and the EU playing a key factor in maintaining the EU, I can't blame them for wanting out.

In 10 years time we will look back at the 23rd June 2016 as 'Independence Day', for all the wrong reasons.

It says S&P are going to take away tthe UK's last triple A credit rating.

Not saying they won't but....they're always threatening to take away our AAA rating. Plus we've lost it before and got it back (2013 was the last time we lost it I think..we got it back in 2014).

Well it has been a long hard slog but finally I got what I set out to get, a vote on membership of the EU, never in my wildest dreams did I think I would actually get the out vote I craved, the vote alone was all I hoped for. I would have been happy whatever the people decided, thinking they would vote safe and remain.

What I didn't factor in was the idiotic decision to try to scare people into voting remain, now I know the politicians don't understand the British people, attack us and we get together and smash your face in.

A positive campaign pointing out the benefits may have been better, perhaps they couldnt think of any.

To all those people who accused me of being racist and homophobic for voting UKIP I say this. I gave my reasons for voting UKIP which was simply to pressure someone to give us a referendum, it worked Im happy, Im positive about the future for the first time in years and I sincerely hope the labour party take notice and reconnect with the working classes which they have let down so badly.

Peace and love to all :-)

A key argument in their 2014 referendum was that it would take them years to join the EU if they became independent, impacting their trade and economy. They voted to stay in and, hey presto, they're coming out anyway.

If they'd called another referendum out of the blue I'd feel aggrieved, but for every region in Scotland voting to remain, and the EU playing a key factor in maintaining the EU, I can't blame them for wanting out..

I don't deny any of that..it's her claim that it would be "wholly undemocratic" not to give Scotland a new vote but it's clearly OK to ignore the will of the UK people which they voted to abide by in the Scottish referendum by voting to stay that gets me. They voted to be part of the UK and in doing so voted to abide by the will of the UK in any EU referendum..the Scots took that risk and they "lost". Tough bananas.

If they'd called another referendum out of the blue I'd feel aggrieved, but for every region in Scotland voting to remain, and the EU playing a key factor in maintaining the EU, I can't blame them for wanting out.

In 10 years time we will look back at the 23rd June 2016 as 'Independence Day', for all the wrong reasons.

Look out for more referendums from all across Europe.We've just set the ball rolling.

No, I'm scared because I don't believe the tripe you've fallen for

Ive fell for nothing pal, your scared because your a do gooder and you believe the stinking pile's of crap you read in them ponsy papers.

IM GLAD weve voted to leave because it's scared and upset posters such as yourself and REP!!!!! :clap::clap:

Ive fell for nothing pal, your scared because your a do gooder and you believe the stinking pile's of crap you read in them ponsy papers.

IM GLAD weve voted to leave because it's scared and upset posters such as yourself and REP!!!!! :clap::clap:

On a rating of 1-10 when 1 is pleasant and sensible and 10 is bloody pathetic, that post scores 25.

I bet the Kinnocks have just lifted their noses out of the trough and found out the news,the gravy train stops here guys.

The EU which NOBODY voted to join has been given a bloody nose,and not before time, how can anybody want to part of a failing economy and an economy where you have no say in what happens, because if you speak up its vetoed,is beyond me.

I was going to say I'm really glad it is all over, but now we have the prospect of renegotiation, a Tory and possibly other leadership contests and maybe even a General Election.

Some ironies stand out, such as for all the name-calling the fact that Jeremy outlasted Cameron, and no, he shouldn't resign himself as he is a party leader not PM. Cameron as the main leader of the In camp had a shocking, lazy and futile campaign.

Secondly, the posts above by some right-wing Nazi dogdirts with their triumphalism are so stupid, as there is a real risk that this vote will achieve what Hitler couldn't and finish the UK if Scotland leave.

On balance, Osborne has to go too - his rmearks about Brexit emergency budget and so on were an own goal of massive proportion and many people now see him as the lying two-faced ambition merchant he is. It hurts to agree with REP, but Cameron was dignified in resigning quickly and Osborne should follow.

On a more important note how will this lot affect our 13 continental signings and new manager, plus any future signings - one has to get priorities right !

ps For those who want to know (and I do hope nobody is really that sad) I decided not to vote.

Archived