onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale's ground

whotobeakiller

After looking at some of the breathtaking stadia in Euro 2016 to date particularly the Stade velodrome at Marseille ..it got me thinking how droll outdated and years behind Vale are in only having the uncompleted old style stadia with no style or appeal to it. I notice that many of Vale's smaller rivals such as Scunthorpe Rotherham and Chesterfield have improved their stadia or looking to and get a bigger fan base than us.

So given that Vale charge more than any smaller team in league one and given we are a poorer area would it not make sense to at least abandon Vale park, start a building of a mini Velodrome (It could be a mini one) and that may attract a bigger fan base given that we may at last have toilets that are a plenty in supply, kiosk which are plenty in supply and not have to wait to get in one small little hub of three toilets and sharing with 2-3k people in the paddock?

Simply put I think it's time we called it time on Vale park...look at Marseiile's stadium on Google earth and you will see what I mean. Vale park is outdated not fit for purpose and does not keep up with the times. Any one agree with this?

Advert

Could not agree more, the revenue lost on a match day must be huge over a season,the main problem is there are a huge number of Vale fans who will resist change at all costs,the club is in the doldrums and to succeed in the future change is imperative.

If we stand still and dont improve we will fall further and further behind.

Some may agree. But this thread has been repeated many times, unless somebody pays for it, it will not happen.

After looking at some of the breathtaking stadia in Euro 2016 to date particularly the Stade velodrome at Marseille ..it got me thinking how droll outdated and years behind Vale are in only having the uncompleted old style stadia with no style or appeal to it. I notice that many of Vale's smaller rivals such as Scunthorpe Rotherham and Chesterfield have improved their stadia or looking to and get a bigger fan base than us.

So given that Vale charge more than any smaller team in league one and given we are a poorer area would it not make sense to at least abandon Vale park, start a building of a mini Velodrome (It could be a mini one) and that may attract a bigger fan base given that we may at last have toilets that are a plenty in supply, kiosk which are plenty in supply and not have to wait to get in one small little hub of three toilets and sharing with 2-3k people in the paddock?

Simply put I think it's time we called it time on Vale park...look at Marseiile's stadium on Google earth and you will see what I mean. Vale park is outdated not fit for purpose and does not keep up with the times. Any one agree with this?

I also think we could benefit hugely from a new ground - the current one is 65 years old and showing its age but the problem would be financing it. I doubt we'd get much for selling the current one (what with the mineshafts) so where would the money come from?

Agree the ground needs some work but its just cosmetic. At the moment given we have no manager and players are dropping out week by week any plans to divert huge amounts of cash to anywhere other than players/managers would be insane.

Who funded Marseille ground? Same as West Ham's? Where would the money come from for a new Vale ground? Did not Brighton's cost about £80M if you are thinking of a Velo type? My priority is a team on the pitch, build a team and they will come, improve some of the facilities to make it more attractive, although they may not be economic it makes people happier and not so likely to moan.

A completely unrealistic post, unless someone has £30 or £40 million spare change. It's a disgrace that we have an unfinished stand that dates back nearly 20 years, thanks to thinking like this.

Much as I hate to admit it, saying we are a bigger club than Rotherham who regualalry get 11000+ home gates is the stupidest thing I have read in ages - we never averaged 10,000 any season in the 90s with a superb Championship team, and only ever got 7000 home fans or sometimes far less in that division - the support just isn't there. Stoke were not a top Premiership club then either, able to subsidise and market way more than we can.

No doubt these FACTS will upset some, but being ambitios is good, self-delusion is dangerous as we found out thanks to Bill Bell.

A completely unrealistic post, unless someone has £30 or £40 million spare change. It's a disgrace that we have an unfinished stand that dates back nearly 20 years, thanks to thinking like this.

Much as I hate to admit it, saying we are a bigger club than Rotherham who regualalry get 11000+ home gates is the stupidest thing I have read in ages - we never averaged 10,000 any season in the 90s with a superb Championship team, and only ever got 7000 home fans or sometimes far less in that division - the support just isn't there. Stoke were not a top Premiership club then either, able to subsidise and market way more than we can.

No doubt these FACTS will upset some, but being ambitios is good, self-delusion is dangerous as we found out thanks to Bill Bell.

Unfortunately I agree if we did have the funds - and clearly we don't - a 10,000 all seater stadium (like Walsall) would suffice for Vale. It would be nice if we could perhaps join forces with the council & local businesses to get one built in the north of the city which could also host music events (again like Walsall) in the Summer. Alas I don't think it'll happen in my lifetime.

Archived