onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Page to Northampton

Jacob_123

Good Time for both parties I feel to move on.With young managers they are going to move on one way or another,do well they are poached, do poorly sacked.

Managers come and go that's why there needs to be a club philosophy that continues whom ever the manager is.

Think There last manager is a tough act to follow and wish RP luck which I think he'll need.

Advert

Why would it be bad to say that if that's exactly what's happened?

Because if he hadn't got the job he'd have been a dead man walking at Vale. Also, there are certain rules about poaching which everyone knows are breached regularly but never say so in public. If that is the only inappropriate thing he has said during his tenure at Vale it puts him way behind the chairman on that score.

Incidentally, I was told a couple of months ago that Page was to be sacked at the end of the season. This came from someone inside the club.

Seriously?

Even though it goes on in football, tapping up is ,whilst players or managers are still in contract would Northampton would face some kind of action for that.

Plus if he did come out and say "I'm talking to Northampton" and it fell through then he knows he's pissing off and unsettling the Vale fans and players. Theres no way you'll find anyone come out and admit they are looking elsewhere.

Fair point.

I'm still irritated at the retained list more than anything.

Why would it be bad to say that if that's exactly what's happened?

Because it was only applied for not got the job.If he said he had applied then someone else got as soon as his team hit a bad run of form some fans would be saying his heart isn't in it he's not interested.

Purkiss has tweeted 'Massive summer...'.

If he leaves I may cry.

Its a huge summer for the club and all the players too, because they all have to impress the new manager knowing he may have different ideas to Page about who and what positions he wants at the club.

Managers come and go that's why there needs to be a club philosophy that continues whom ever the manager is.

A club philosophy at Vale? What's that then?

It seems to me the guys that have just left for Northampton were the only ones implementing any sort of philosophy.

Well, some fans got what they wanted. Soon we will see the result.

Well, some fans got what they wanted. Soon we will see the result.

For crying out loud dont start blaming the fans because the manager was offered a 3 year contract, possibly better pay and bigger budget and he jumped at it.

wont miss Harbin , club psychologist??? yea , that helped against Burton , Bradford , Blades away and that no show at Scunthorpe!!

So he must be rubbish then because of a few bad results. The players speak highly of him and he has helped them improve no doubt about it.

wont miss Harbin , club psychologist??? yea , that helped against Burton , Bradford , Blades away and that no show at Scunthorpe!!

What about the games we won?? Have a look behind the scenes at Vale and see what a difference he made.

What about the games we won?? Have a look behind the scenes at Vale and see what a difference he made.

yes , but when mettle was needed for the bigger games when in touching distance of the play offs or facing a so called bigger team away we were found wanting!

For crying out loud dont start blaming the fans because the manager was offered a 3 year contract, possibly better pay and bigger budget and he jumped at it.

I'm not blaming any fans for Rob Page jumping at a better opportunity.

I'm simply saying that there are a number of fans on here that wanted Page gone. Now he's gone. So we will see if those fans are proved right or wrong. My personal opinion is that we are in a bit of trouble now.

Archived