onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Page to Northampton

Jacob_123

I do know that Wycombe want very little for Ainsworth and that he is on one of the lowest if not the lowest wage in League 2,he has also managed on the lowest budget in League 2

I'm not one for going in for former playing greats to return as manager(i.e. look what happened with Glover and Foyle to a lesser extent) but Ainsworth wouldn't be a bad shout at least he's got experience elsewhere and earned himself a bit of street cred. so to speak.

Advert

Michael,

is Andoh under 24? If so a fee will be set by tribunal if an agreement cant be reached. Also you assume that Andoh will follow Page, wasnt it Page that refused to play him for half of the previously season? so i feel that Andoh owes The Vale his future not Page....

One thing's for sure, Smurf must move swiftly to appoint a new manage in order to stabilise the club. Any protracted appointment process will lead to uncertainty which would inevitably affect season ticket sales and lead the out of contract players to look elsewhere which is what some of them will do anyway. My other concern is that Page will attempt to take some of the better players with him, notably Leitch Smith and Andoh.He will also have compiled his list of players he wanted to bring in and that will now become Northampton's shopping list.

I'm not one for going in for former playing greats to return as manager(i.e. look what happened with Glover and Foyle to a lesser extent) but Ainsworth wouldn't be a bad shout at least he's got experience elsewhere and earned himself a bit of street cred. so to speak.

He's from the south and has spent most of his career down there. Probably has family commitments there as well.

Can't see him coming north again somehow.

Who ever we appoint we need to get behind and support. From a personal point I really don,t want one of these journeyman managers who have a big fat bank account from all the pay offs they have had. I would rather see someone hungry with a point to prove.

Ainsworth has done his apprenticeship in League 2 and is actually a young up and coming manager who has done wonders there and hasn't been sacked(unlike all those managers out of a job that are linked with us)

I'm not overly bothered about Page leaving. The football was bland and boring. He wanted to build a team around Louis Dodds. Away days were a waste of time. We've lost 4-0 and 5-0 at home this season.

The crucial thing now is getting a decent replacement in. There are a lot of good out of work managers around so we shouldn't worry.

My thoughts exactly

He hasn't been sacked either unlike most of the others

Ainsworth has done his apprenticeship in League 2 and is actually a young up and coming manager who has done wonders there and hasn't been sacked(unlike all those managers out of a job that are linked with us)

He's also in the frame for the Blackburn job Karl although Warnock is clear favourite for that position.Could be the answer for us.

The first question I would ask is... if they are good why are they out of work?

Mourinho is out of work, does that mean he's not very good?

Ranieri was out of the game for 2 years. Just because a manager isn't at a club doesn't mean they are not good.

Would love Ainsworth been a great manager for Wycombe but I feel with the current state of the club in terms of finances and up for sale then it will be Brown to be promoted from within. I am not against this as I think he will bring passion, pride in the shirt and grit to the play and he does not like losing although I do agree the red card count may go up.

Archived