onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Page to Northampton

Jacob_123

Strangely enough, before this 'latest news', me and Mrs AR have a planned sabbatical in Queensland - leaving tomorrow morning. When nodding Robf et al I said it is intended to be an internet free sojourn.

Managers come and go, but one thing you can count on is yours truly, like so many other Valiants, will still be here promoting and supporting all things Port Vale :yes:

ps Thank you Rhondda Boy. All the best to you and your family,

Have a great break with Mrs.AR Barry.Who'd have thought Pagey would have moved on,you can never take things for granted at the Vale?

Advert

Good evening gentlemen. hathello.gif

Cobblers fan calling. Thats a similar list to what the bookies presented us, when Wilder left us for Sheff Utd. I wouldnt read much into it, its just a list of whos available, or remotely possible.

Anyway, we have just lost our manager to a bigger team, how does it feel for you guys, to suffer a similar fate?

Remind me, what was the attendance the last time you played at Vale Park?

I've just put on another thread that I would go for Brown. I said to one of my mates 5 years ago before he even signed for us that he exhudes all the things that successful managers have who are ex-players. He hates losing a tackle, never mind a game. I think he's motivationally sound enough to have players running through brick walls for him and he's done his coaching badges.

I don't want an experienced manager who has been sacked by numerous clubs. Someone on the way up please, not on the way down. Experience not necessarily needed in my opinion.

Wouldn't you leave if you had a ******* of a boss who doesn't know if he's coming or going??? I must have been very difficult for Page to work under the amount of lunacy that surrounds the club. I think he has been top class all the way through, got the team much further than any of us had imagined... With 4 games to go to be in with a shot of the playoffs - we'd have all taken that when we all balked at last years retained list - the man knows what he's doing and will be one of the best managers in years to come, he's done us proud!

Good luck to him and let's hope whoever comes in can pick up and build on what Page has clearly started.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Not too bothered about him going but I honestly think Andoh will go there now too and that would be a blow.

Until Andoh has proved his fitness, how likely is it that another club will take the risk on him? How would you feel if we signed a bloke who has only played a handful of league games and won't be fit until October at the earliest?

Can't say that i blame Page myself. I assume that he will have a decent pay increase but more than that his working conditions have improved somewhat. How he kept his dignity and managed to progress the club in the face of Normans constant humiliations, rants, threats, etc i do not know. He took us from bottom to flirting with the play offs in less than 2 years in almost impossible circumstances, thank you. Of course i didn't agree with all his decisions - but that's the same with every manager at every club surely? I, and my grandson, really enjoyed the home performances last year, which included quite a few memorable games, with some terrific football played at times. I understand that the away form/tactics were a major problem for those that travel, i rarely travel these days, and can only sypatise with you. I do think we really were getting there in the last few months.

What really worries me most is the timing - how are discussions with out of contarct players going to proceed now? Can see most of the better ones leaving. And how do we persuade new players to join us? I fear that unless things are sorted very quickly we could be in real trouble next year. I wonder how many fans are (however slightly) thinking "should I renew now " this morning? Still the 4 or 5 vocal "haters" of Page will be happy bunnies and will now surely be getting a ST as Page and his tactics etc were the reason they no longer attended - won't they?

I'm sure some Bournemouth fans said this about Eddie Howe. Whoever gets the job deserves support and judgements shouldn't be drawn on anyone before a ball is killed.

That's a rare case though. In our situation id be worried if we appoint brown.

All I hope for is that we can find someone who can improve upon last year and continue this so called 3 year plan. Hopefully smurf realises how important this appointment is and looks for a decent experienced manager. Remember our squad regardless of who signs or not isn't that bad.

Archived