onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Page to Northampton

Jacob_123

Are you referring to the Smurfy who is / has been trying to sell the club. No manager, a chairman who wants out, decreasing ST sales / a ground that must be costing a fortune to run, 9 players under contract, 13 offered contracts that could also want out/will not take up the offer on the table.

And you say "not looking great ATM" IMO I would say its looking fatal. And we wonder why are fan base is decreasing.

Looking fatal?

Look at it this way. At least it's happened so soon that we have time to carefully select the new boss. This may boost season ticket sales if it's an inspiring choice. We've banked some money through compensation for Page's departure.

See what a bit of optimism can do?

Advert

Looking fatal?

Look at it this way. At least it's happened so soon that we have time to carefully select the new boss. This may boost season ticket sales if it's an inspiring choice. We've banked some money through compensation for Page's departure.

See what a bit of optimism can do?

Sorry smithie I don't think I've got any more optimism left in me. Let me put it another way, would you apply for the vacant post after all are dirty washing that has been aired in the public domain this last season ? I certainly wouldn't. I would be looking for long term stability long term vision / aspirations something we seem to be lacking in.

And with regards to the compo for pages departure that could amount to the best part of naff all, at best 12 months salary and I can not imagine that Page was on that much, so IMO that is grasping at straws.

Why not ? Smurf reads and posts on OVF and didn't pay him enough or want to keep him enough. There are about 7 or 8 hardline anti-RP people on here who have undermined RP consistently, and another couple like REP who choose to praise him only when Vale win and 6 months ago were slating him all the time.

Those people DO influence Smurf, even if he denies it - and I expect this will be a banned opinion as you too have been less than supportive of him. Yes, anyone is entitled to their opinion (except me it seems when my posts are removed, only ever by one admin person) - but don't weep crocodile tears after or try to pretend that what you write does not have implications.

If we get someone who is a disaster it will be a lot to do with those few people who have made life more difficult than it should have been for RP who probably has been waiting for a chance to get away from them and their non-support.

I too am very sorry that we have lost John Harbim, has it occurred to anyone that not only Bodin but also Michael Brown may also end up at Northampton the way things are going ?

The person who made life difficult for page was smurf.

No manager is liked by everyone but if the chairman doesnt like him its usually a problem, some can still work effectively together if they are both professional.

If we get a disaster of a manager its down to the person who interviewed him and employed him.

It wont be a banned opinion because its not personal or abusive.

I suspect page left for any number of reasons guessed at on here and possibly he wanted to get out of the peculiar situation he was temporarily stuck with.

IF smurf is so influenced by football fans opinions he is definitely in the wrong job, they will praise when happy and complain when unhappy and you cant please all the people all the time no matter how good you think you are.

We dont know what page thought of smurf but we have a clear indication of what smurf thought of page, they didnt seem happy thoughts even at the best of times. Thats where instability sets in, grows and festers and causes problems.... it causes a situation where fans can either support the manager OR the chairman but erodes the possibility of supporting both, causing fractures in the fan base.

Christ almighty.

Look, im not our chairmans biggest fan. Far from it. But lets not make out he is the devil incarnate and that Rob Page was god.

Some of our football under Page was attrocious.

For every Burnley, Wigan and Doncaster there was 80% of away games!

Rob has gone. Did he do a decent job? Yes. Was he our saviour? No

Norman is here. Has he done a decent job? Debateable. Has he taken us into admin? No.

Get a grip.

Page isnt Pep Guardiola.

Christ almighty.

Look, im not our chairmans biggest fan. Far from it. But lets not make out he is the devil incarnate and that Rob Page was god.

Some of our football under Page was attrocious.

For every Burnley, Wigan and Doncaster there was 80% of away games!

Rob has gone. Did he do a decent job? Yes. Was he our saviour? No

Norman is here. Has he done a decent job? Debateable. Has he taken us into admin? No.

Get a grip.

Page isnt Pep Guardiola.

I wasnt trying to suggest that, both have their faults but the only person to have a real impact effect on page at the vale is smurf... not the fans

I wasnt trying to suggest that, both have their faults but the only person to have a real impact effect on page at the vale is smurf... not the fans

Sorry Geo, i wasnt on about your post.

More a dig at those fans who have bombarded every aspect of social media in the last 36 hours, crying into their Horlicks that Page has left.

A good young manager? Yes. Unproven still? Yes.

I said at the start of the season that this league was there for the taking.

Burton showed that.

We finished 12th. Decent effort. I thought we could snatch a play off place. Sadly not.

We go again.

If its Michael Brown (odds on favourite) i will fully back him. I still wont rule out Uwe Rosler though. Played with Brown for three years.

Now that would sell season tickets!

The ideal dream team.

Sorry Geo, i wasnt on about your post.

More a dig at those fans who have bombarded every aspect of social media in the last 36 hours, crying into their Horlicks that Page has left.

A good young manager? Yes. Unproven still? Yes.

I said at the start of the season that this league was there for the taking.

Burton showed that.

We finished 12th. Decent effort. I thought we could snatch a play off place. Sadly not.

We go again.

If its Michael Brown (odds on favourite) i will fully back him. I still wont rule out Uwe Rosler though. Played with Brown for three years.

Now that would sell season tickets!

The ideal dream team.

I think what has upset some fans is the fact they had just bought into the 3 year plan scenario.

Whoever takes the reigns is in for a rough ride until something/someone unifies the the direction and ethos of the club and gets ALL departments singing from the same hymn sheet and give the club some impetus.... I hope it happens because the alternative, I think, is more floundering and flapping in the margins.

I think what has upset some fans is the fact they had just bought into the 3 year plan scenario.

Whoever takes the reigns is in for a rough ride until something/someone unifies the the direction and ethos of the club and gets ALL departments singing from the same hymn sheet and give the club some impetus.... I hope it happens because the alternative, I think, is more floundering and flapping in the margins.

Whoever the next manager is, i arent naive enough to believe about a three year plan. Just like i wasnt before.

Football has changed.

To have our next manager for two years would be an achievement.

The sooner fans realise that and stop believing agent fed ******** the better.

Whoever the next manager is, i arent naive enough to believe about a three year plan. Just like i wasnt before.

Football has changed.

To have our next manager for two years would be an achievement.

The sooner fans realise that and stop believing agent fed ******** the better.

I could buy into a 3/5 year club plan leading to a longer term plan.... but managers dont last long if they achieve some sort of success.

I could buy into a 3/5 year club plan leading to a longer term plan.... but managers dont last long if they achieve some sort of success.

At our level there is no hope.

The only way at our level is that the powers that be have a footballing model. Burton for example.

Whoever comes in picks up the Baton.

Sadly, Our chairman doesnt know the difference from his arse or his mouth to put a plan together.

Isnt he supposed to be staying quiet from now on and employing a CEO?

Hmmm.

The only way at our level is that the powers that be have a footballing model. Burton for example.

Sadly, Our chairman doesnt know the difference from his arse or his mouth to put a plan together.

Hmmm.

Unfortunately I have to agree with that. The 3 year plan... I would like to believe there was one. But I just think that it was nothing more than a simple play-off/promotion target.

We need strong leadership from the top. Smurf doing one every time things don't go to plan is not my idea of that. It needs calm and sensible leadership. I don't see any of that at the moment.

Right now we have no manager, no CEO as promised, a club which may or may not be up for sale and a chairman that is taking advice from a player about who to appoint as the next manager. It's a mess.

While I agree Page is no Guardiola, he was definitely a calming influence within the club and conducted himself impeccably. I still feel that our loss is Northampton's gain.

Hmmm.

With that in mind, wouldn't it be better to follow the DoF/Head Coach model? You bring your DoF to set the strategy and long-term goals of the football club, they're in charge of everything football-related (although the manager gets a big say in the playing squad). Then you bring in a head coach to run the squad on daily basis (training, match days etc) who fits the philosophy set out by the DoF. That way the DoF, who is a long-term appointment sets the strategy, and the head coach who gets the kudos for being successful, or the battering for not being successful can arrive/leave as they please, without too much upheaval in a long-term strategy for the club.

Archived