onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matty Kennedy

Advert

What about the one who was at Alvechurch before he went to Leicester.

Come on Ray don't say you have forgot:yes:

I remember going to Alvechurch once. The pie was the best thing about that visit. How come you remember that?

Gone back to Cardiff as he's not playing :(

Started really well but then tailed off.

Another sign of Page not particularly managing young players well?

The facts are that Page started Kennedy from the start when he 1st came on loan and he was a threat once he got his match fitness. Kennedy then lost form and confidence and was rightly put on the bench and given the chance to shine as a sub which he didn't. I reckon Page has handled him well.

Jean. The most important job of a Chief Scout is to keep the bad players away. He has to be strong enough to tell the manager if he thinks he is interested in signing such. They are the ones that get managers the sack.

Graham Carr has a few questions to answer at Newcastle in that respect after a few initial successes.

Maybe our scouting has to be looked at,when you think we got Kennedy who certainly faded after a promising start and Shrewsbury get a player like Kai Kai,it makes you wonder where we would of ended up if we had got him and say Ajose or Williams in the summer

Couldn't agree more, loans and young player recruitment could well be vital this summer.

What about the one who was at Alvechurch before he went to Leicester.

Come on Ray don't say you have forgot :yes:

I was with a friend of mine who was talking to you down the Vale who put Alan Smiths name forward for you to go and have a look at him as he seemed a good prospect.

I think we might see some youth teamers given a chance today

I don't, we may want to win every game we play but Crwho at home is the one game we would all want to win, especially as they are already as good as down.

I think we might see some youth teamers given a chance today

I doubt it too in such a big game, but when and if they are involved I hope they get given a good chance (ie more time with the first team) than just a token one off end of season bench appearance before disappearing.

Unfortunately Kennedy wasn't good enough.

He looked to have some ability, one-on-one, but ran down blind alleys and didn't know when to pass or when to try and beat his man. I don't know if fitness was a problem as it's a tough league and players are fully committed for 90 minutes. Building up your fitness is a challenge if you're used to playing with the youth team. Kelly has had a similar problem, but has more of an eye for goal and a bit more awareness.

These things can work out, but sometimes they don't. Kennedy and Robinson - in my view - haven't been good loan signings. Neither was fully match sharp when we got them and neither has made a difference to the team.

You can criticise Moore for his inconsistency but he's scored more goals and set up more than anything Kennedy has produced, and at times his link up play with Purkiss down the right has been one of our best outlets all season.

Archived