onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Negative / Moaning fans

butt lane vale fan

The main problem with the poor gates is the general perception of the club.It can't be the home games as we have the best home record in 14 years.(Fact).Overall the entertainment has been the best for several years(Opinion). Away from home we have been poor (opinion. supported by facts).We had the best gates when Wildes was saying the right things about building the club etc.(Fact) Yes I realise it was not his money but a club like Port Vale needs to be portraying the right image and I'm afraid Norman is truly awful in this department.(opinion supported by facts)

Advert

The league table suggests our efforts aren't too bad.

In any case, going to the game is so much more than seeing "good football"!!

It gets us out of the house, it's a chance to see people, to hear other opinions, to see other teams and their support.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I go because I love the Vale.

It just shows how people are different... I have never gone to "get out of the house", hear opinions or see other teams... I have gone to have a good time, because I enjoyed it... when I didnt enjoy it I stopped going for a while... to me its like smoking and drinking... the condiments to life but not essential to live... take them or leave them depending on taste.

It just shows how people are different... I have never gone to "get out of the house", hear opinions or see other teams... I have gone to have a good time, because I enjoyed it... when I didnt enjoy it I stopped going for a while... to me its like smoking and drinking... the condiments to life but not essential to live... take them or leave them depending on taste.

My point is that for every winning team there's a losing team - so what do people want? Victories or valiant defeats?

There's not a club in the world that guarantees great football ever game - and if they did, we'd be bored rigid.

Many moons ago was on short visit to Mother-town-Burslem

Went to Vale Park to watch zebran warriors play against the feral Roman hordes of Colchester - just before half-time Vale score lovely worked goal to go three nil up

Two gentlemen of advanced years next to me, who probably knew Seth Bottomley when he were a lad, never moved a muscle, then one nudges the other and says 'tell thee what, if this lot get one back, we'll be in trouble'

Points-with-Bone

The league table suggests our efforts aren't too bad.

In any case, going to the game is so much more than seeing "good football"!!

It gets us out of the house, it's a chance to see people, to hear other opinions, to see other teams and their support.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I go because I love the Vale.

I agree the table suggests were doing well (which we are) it's just not always been brilliant to watch recently. And I agree it's a great day out but even better if the lads play some attacking stuff.

People arent complaining about the results... and obviously the results arent enough to get people through the gate.

How will they know that the performances are poor? It'll be a cold day in hell before I pay attention to what the moronic, serial moaners on here have to say

It's stupid on a cellular level not attending when results are going well and you're no fan if you stay away based on hearsay

I am very pleased when Vale win, the problem is that I just don't want to watch it, and it appears that many others felt the same last night. I have supported Vale for 56 years but I swear I will not watch another game until he has gone.

That comment says more about you than about vale page or smurf

How will they know that the performances are poor? It'll be a cold day in hell before I pay attention to what the moronic, serial moaners on here have to say

It's stupid on a cellular level not attending when results are going well and you're no fan if you stay away based on hearsay

It seems stupid to attend if your not enjoying it... its not cheap enough to just write off like losing a 10p coin... If the club is to survive and hopefully prosper it needs something to attract people to the game, results alone arent doing it, the gates are falling.

I came back after SEO with great hopes and a renewed optimism, then the second half of last season damn near killed me.

For me, I respect you for deciding that you didn't want to come this season. It's your choice and if you're sticking with it then that's fine. However you've made several judgments on this thread regarding our playing style (or lack of it). I fail to see how you've come to a conclusion regarding this as the only games you might have seen are Walsall away and Maidenhead away on TV.

I don't really you're really giving the club a chance this season. We're on for 66 points and at times this season we've played some very nice football, particularly at home. I don't really think your opinion of this current team can be based on what happened the last 2 months of the season (it wasn't going south until the Coventry game, so your 'second half of last season' comment isn't really valid).

By all means, come on here and put your points across. But just don't expect them to be taken too seriously, given the fact that you've not watched the team in the flesh since May due to choice, not because you can't. Always remember that before you write a post, as most of the time you try to make it sound like you can't watch us, when in fact if you felt like it you could.

1. Good football (we had it for about 3 weeks and then it died)

2. Signs that we were building a side that could challenge for promotion next season (failed, the squads bloated in some areas and a joke in others).

3. Off the field progress, to the point at which we function like an actual professional football club (failed horrifically).

Thats it for me. We'll finish between 12th-15th. A wholly forgettable season on the pitch and an unforgettable (for the wrong reasons) off the pitch.

But, as it has been proven, spending money and attending games is irrelevant in the arbitrary 'fan rating' scale of whether you are a 'die-hard' or whether you are a 'doom mongerer'. I guess that despite my years of support and ludicrous money spent, wanting to come away from this season feeling that we've at least progressed is a sign that I have a fetish for negativity and I hate my life.

Up the Vale. Smurfie and Pagie's barmie armie.

Is this some attempt at a wind up or sarcasm, if not, seek mental help.

Were 8th presently if you hadnt seen the league table. Thats a massive improvement on last years.

Is this some attempt at a wind up or sarcasm, if not, seek mental help.

Were 8th presently if you hadnt seen the league table. Thats a massive improvement on last years.

We have 4 more points now than at this stage last season. Not a massive improvement but improvement nontheless.

The league table position is lying though.

If every team had played 30 games our position would probably be somewhere around 12th/13th.

Archived