onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Negative / Moaning fans

butt lane vale fan

We have 4 more points now than at this stage last season. Not a massive improvement but improvement nontheless.

The league table position is lying though.

If every team had played 30 games our position would probably be somewhere around 12th/13th.

If you remember mate, it was roughly this time last season we capitulated. Losing 4-5 on the bounce through out march. I think we have a much more solid side this season and will push on in the upwards direction rather than drop like a stone.

Advert

For me, I respect you for deciding that you didn't want to come this season. It's your choice and if you're sticking with it then that's fine. However you've made several judgments on this thread regarding our playing style (or lack of it). I fail to see how you've come to a conclusion regarding this as the only games you might have seen are Walsall away and Maidenhead away on TV.

I don't really you're really giving the club a chance this season. We're on for 66 points and at times this season we've played some very nice football, particularly at home. I don't really think your opinion of this current team can be based on what happened the last 2 months of the season (it wasn't going south until the Coventry game, so your 'second half of last season' comment isn't really valid).

By all means, come on here and put your points across. But just don't expect them to be taken too seriously, given the fact that you've not watched the team in the flesh since May due to choice, not because you can't. Always remember that before you write a post, as most of the time you try to make it sound like you can't watch us, when in fact if you felt like it you could.

As I have said previously I was coming home from virtually every game in a foul mood, which I wasn't happy with and it was not fair on my wife. If nothing else does that not tell you that I wasn't enjoying it very much and I had to take the only option available and feel much better for it. Sense of duty etc doesn't come into it , I am not in the ****ing army. I regularly speak to attendees and a lot of non attendees, I listen to commentaries , read the press, read whats said on here, and watch televised games (I still want us to well). There has been absolutely nothing to make me change my mind, even the commentators have said that a lot of home games have been dire (you probably don't hear them if you are there).

I decided before the season started to take a whole season off, whether we were top or bottom, but I fear that my return, if at all, will be beyond that (some of the outrageous comments on here only make me dig my heels in and fight back). It doesn't mean that I will support anyone else or not want Vale to win, I just cant build up any enthusiasm for watching it .

The league table suggests our efforts aren't too bad.

In any case, going to the game is so much more than seeing "good football"!!

It gets us out of the house, it's a chance to see people, to hear other opinions, to see other teams and their support.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I go because I love the Vale.

Agree with this totally. All of those reasons for me, plus one of the biggest is I go with family sometimes & it's brought me pretty close to them, which generally I'm not at all. I've made loads of friends too.

Also, on the odd occasion it's also a great away day & chance for (sometimes a tad too much) drinking! :razz:

If you remember mate, it was roughly this time last season we capitulated. Losing 4-5 on the bounce through out march. I think we have a much more solid side this season and will push on in the upwards direction rather than drop like a stone.

Ive just looked and this time last year we won 4 out of our next 5.

Middle of March was when it went downhill.

In think we will be fine this time around. And our finishing position will probably reflect where we have been almost all season. Around mid table.

Unfortunately i think that is one reason why supporters arent turning up. We have never had a match where a win could send us in the playoffs. Alternatively, we have never had a must win match to pull us out of the drop zone.

We have just petered through the season, playing some average stuff. Massively inconsistant in results.

For the average fan, 23 quid on a cold Tuesday night, in a stadium with some of the worst facilities you will see (paddock and bycars), at a match which is pretty meaningless at this time of year, is hardly a great incentive.

We have 4 more points now than at this stage last season. Not a massive improvement but improvement nontheless.

The league table position is lying though.

If every team had played 30 games our position would probably be somewhere around 12th/13th.

After 31 games we could be in the top 6 with points in the bag.Games in hand aren't points.

After 31 games we could be in the top 6 with points in the bag.Games in hand aren't points.

Ill grant you that, if it was just the odd team with games in hand. But in this case games in hand are actually points as we have played more games than anyone in the entire division. Andwith clubs in touching distance having up to three games in hand, the table would look very different should all be on level games.

As I have said previously I was coming home from virtually every game in a foul mood, which I wasn't happy with and it was not fair on my wife. If nothing else does that not tell you that I wasn't enjoying it very much and I had to take the only option available and feel much better for it. Sense of duty etc doesn't come into it , I am not in the ****ing army. I regularly speak to attendees and a lot of non attendees, I listen to commentaries , read the press, read whats said on here, and watch televised games (I still want us to well). There has been absolutely nothing to make me change my mind, even the commentators have said that a lot of home games have been dire (you probably don't hear them if you are there).

I decided before the season started to take a whole season off, whether we were top or bottom, but I fear that my return, if at all, will be beyond that (some of the outrageous comments on here only make me dig my heels in and fight back). It doesn't mean that I will support anyone else or not want Vale to win, I just cant build up any enthusiasm for watching it .

Nick, with all due respect, I doubt there is a single person on the Vale planet who doesn't know that you are boycotting games so for heaven's sake give it a rest on here. You don't like Page, you're not going. WE KNOW. Please stop posting this is in a thousand different ways - we've got the message.

Nick, with all due respect, I doubt there is a single person on the Vale planet who doesn't know that you are boycotting games so for heaven's sake give it a rest on here. You don't like Page, you're not going. WE KNOW. Please stop posting this is in a thousand different ways - we've got the message.

Yes. 😴😷

I was merely answering a post . Mind your own business. As I said it is comments on here that turning me away even more.

1. Good football (we had it for about 3 weeks and then it died)

2. Signs that we were building a side that could challenge for promotion next season (failed, the squads bloated in some areas and a joke in others).

3. Off the field progress, to the point at which we function like an actual professional football club (failed horrifically).

Thats it for me. We'll finish between 12th-15th. A wholly forgettable season on the pitch and an unforgettable (for the wrong reasons) off the pitch.

But, as it has been proven, spending money and attending games is irrelevant in the arbitrary 'fan rating' scale of whether you are a 'die-hard' or whether you are a 'doom mongerer'. I guess that despite my years of support and ludicrous money spent, wanting to come away from this season feeling that we've at least progressed is a sign that I have a fetish for negativity and I hate my life.

Up the Vale. Smurfie and Pagie's barmie armie.

Wise words, old timer. Not heard fetish and Vale mentioned in the same breath since a certain Vale employee was caught in the broom cupboard.

Archived