onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

USA Consortium (Or somebody else?)

Mario

Now here lies the problem,what is a 5 year realistic plan to some is not to others

Agreed,for me as a fan the reason i watch football/support a team is to see promotions etc otherwise whats the point...i dont want a 5yr plan that says we stay in this league for 4 more seasons then aim for the Championship in the 5th,i want someone who wants the Championship asap like me

Advert

The 5 year plan must include all aspects of the football club and Championship football must be our priority,as we have been away too long,albeit a different league title.Vale fans need a massive lift after all the doom and gloom during the past 7 years.Hang on!We had a promotion but now we really need to move on and make progress.

I think a manager needs 3 years to build a top six team in his image - as long as he's allowed to hang on to his better players and then add to them.

The problem we've had is that we always allow our better players to leave and as a consequence we're always sliding down the snake to square one again and again.

Consider where we might be now had we kept the likes of Loft, Knott, Pope and Marshall, as well as other new players. My guess is we would be in the top six.

But we need owners who have enough financial muscle to keep our better players satisfied and giving the manager the funds to strengthen.

It's a tall order.

I think a medium/long term plan makes sense.

The problem is - as many clubs have discovered - if you speculate to accumulate and it doesn't bring success you are risking the future of the club.

However, I think we'd all agree that if we were in the Championship again, alongside the likes of Bolton, Wolves, Forest, Sheff Wed, etc. etc. we'd probably be guaranteeing average home gates of at least 8,000, maybe more.

I dare say that Synetics solutions will take over the club.

Norman loves them.

Then he can keep the ground and the commercial side.

Make no mistake, we are going to be seeing Norman for a long time to come.

Masterplan almost complete.

Oh dear, I'd hoped any new owners would finally be able to resolve the farcical floodlight situation. Makes me cringe to hear that Norman has offered to give advice to any newcomers on how to run a football club. :(

I think a manager needs 3 years to build a top six team in his image - as long as he's allowed to hang on to his better players and then add to them.

The problem we've had is that we always allow our better players to leave and as a consequence we're always sliding down the snake to square one again and again.

Consider where we might be now had we kept the likes of Loft, Knott, Pope and Marshall, as well as other new players. My guess is we would be in the top six.

But we need owners who have enough financial muscle to keep our better players satisfied and giving the manager the funds to strengthen.

It's a tall order.

The problem is - as many clubs have discovered - if you speculate to accumulate and it doesn't bring success you are risking the future of the club.

However, I think we'd all agree that if we were in the Championship again, alongside the likes of Bolton, Wolves, Forest, Sheff Wed, etc. etc. we'd probably be guaranteeing average home gates of at least 8,000, maybe more.

I agree with all of that except not sure those players you mentioned would have improved us massively, Billy Knott and Mark Marshall not really played a lot for Bradford this season, Loft on the bench quite a bit for Gillingham, same for Pope at Bury, I would sooner have Andoh over Marshall when he was fit, don't think much between our midfielders and Loft personally.

It's a tall order.

But we wouldn't have those players and our current squad, especially with some of the wages they would have been on. I'd rather o'connor and grant over loft. Andoh is easily replacement for Marshall.

At Doncaster, spotted Smurf sat alongside his wife who were sat alongside another couple, from a distance the woman looked to be wearing glasses and having light coloured hair

That sounds like the Synectics couple,who i would say Smurf has wanted from the start and imo its no contest and they will be the new owners with Smurf being an adviser to them

Archived