onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

USA Consortium (Or somebody else?)

Mario

Thats where I disagree, he cant give good advice about PR, he cant give good advice about budget, he cant give good advice about employing managers/players, he cant give good advice about fans/customer satisfaction, he cant give good advice about employing people, and so much more....

The club was actually better run in administration. The improvements you suggest have run us into debt to the tune of 2M? and 80K per month. The man went into partnership with someone he didnt know very well to the tune of 1.3M?... If I wanted to know about property I would consider asking smurf... If I wanted to know what went on at Vale I would ask speedy.

I have no personal feelings towards smurf, good or bad... my view of smurf is based solely on what he has done, the way he has done it, what he has said and the way he has said it.

We will have to agree to disagree as clearly you've never made a mistake and if you have you wouldn't be able to discuss it with anyone for their own benefit ;)

Advert

We will have to agree to disagree as clearly you've never made a mistake and if you have you wouldn't be able to discuss it with anyone for their own benefit ;)

I have made many mistakes, paid a hefty penalty for some and walked away from others. Telling people what not to do is negative... isnt it? Wouldnt telling new owners what not to do fetter them somewhat?

Thats where I disagree, he cant give good advice about PR, he cant give good advice about budget, he cant give good advice about employing managers/players, he cant give good advice about fans/customer satisfaction, he cant give good advice about employing people, and so much more....

The club was actually better run in administration. The improvements you suggest have run us into debt to the tune of 2M? and 80K per month. The man went into partnership with someone he didnt know very well to the tune of 1.3M?... If I wanted to know about property I would consider asking smurf... If I wanted to know what went on at Vale I would ask speedy.

I have no personal feelings towards smurf, good or bad... my view of smurf is based solely on what he has done, the way he has done it, what he has said and the way he has said it.

Gentlemen, the biggest mistake Norman made was to retain the services of mr Page at the end of last season,he was mugged into that retained list by Pages insistence that the squad wasn't his then proceeded to retain those who he insisted weren't good enough. since then the form has been reasonable though boring at home but absolutely dire away which to me shows up his shortcomings regarding tactics and forward planning. Pages job is safe enough if Smurf means to sell the club as he must realise the disquiet voiced by our superb away support but he's leaving the bouncing of good old pagey to the new owners as now our dire away form is impacting on the home support. Any manager who took us that close to the drop would deserve the boot but the managers verbal sewage must have sown the seeds of disquiet when he was retained. Just my opinion gentlemen.

Gentlemen, the biggest mistake Norman made was to retain the services of mr Page at the end of last season,he was mugged into that retained list by Pages insistence that the squad wasn't his then proceeded to retain those who he insisted weren't good enough. since then the form has been reasonable though boring at home but absolutely dire away which to me shows up his shortcomings regarding tactics and forward planning. Pages job is safe enough if Smurf means to sell the club as he must realise the disquiet voiced by our superb away support but he's leaving the bouncing of good old pagey to the new owners as now our dire away form is impacting on the home support. Any manager who took us that close to the drop would deserve the boot but the managers verbal sewage must have sown the seeds of disquiet when he was retained. Just my opinion gentlemen.

I think his biggest mistake was buying the club, from his perspective. He had no idea what he was buying or getting into, probably lead by the nose on promises of "easy" cash.... his second biggest mistake was thinking he could do it all and alone... I dont think page was a mistake, wrong perhaps but not a mistake, I dont think he had a choice unless he wanted to spend some more on top of the budget he complains constantly of funding in excess of.

It's all gone very quiet on this topic... Good or bad sign?!?!

Like most things that come out of the club at moment, and indeed off this forum, its probably bull.

Those cynics amongst us who believe that this was all a cry for attention. In hope that fans would beg him not to leave. Along with the chairman maybe trying to releave some pressure on our inexperienced tactically clueless manager who is taking us to mid table mediocrity.

Alongside players who are stealing a wage. But because they know where to fit their nose and how to play the game. Train hard under no pressure get in the team, dont play under pressure, get paid for losing their bottle.

This smells of diversionary tactics.

The cynic in me is in overdrive tonight.

Like most things that come out of the club at moment, and indeed off this forum, its probably bull.

Those cynics amongst us who believe that this was all a cry for attention. In hope that fans would beg him not to leave. Along with the chairman maybe trying to releave some pressure on our inexperienced tactically clueless manager who is taking us to mid table mediocrity.

Alongside players who are stealing a wage. But because they know where to fit their nose and how to play the game. Train hard under no pressure get in the team, dont play under pressure, get paid for losing their bottle.

It's okay, we still love you ;)

Most of the posts on here are simply opinion.

What comes from the club [not rumour] we have to accept as factual even though we may question it and doubt its validity and accuracy and indeed its intention but the starting point has to be acceptance.

If its a cry for adoration/attention its falling on deaf ears.

If its to deflect from the manager and players its failing miserably simply because the fans can see both on a regular basis.

Someone or more could well be interested in purchasing the club, whether it is yet another american consortium is questionable.

I still find It astonishing that some "supporters" are so cynical about our position and must be very bored to make such ridiculous comments.

We Were the bookies favourite (after the railwaymen) to go down!

That facts are, We have 40 points only a few wins from guaranteed "Third Division" football next year and are still in with an outside chance of the play offs.

The Club it self is in a good financial position (Thanks Mr Smurf from me) and have several potential buyers apparently!

I remember not so long ago seriously concerned that Port Vale my disappear forever and am very pleased with the position we are in at present.

In my opinion we are exceeding the expectations of many of the more realistic in our midst and I believe we have a bright future.

As for our manager and players, we have a good standard of both and as long as they show commitment on the field of play I will back them all the way, just count your blessings you could live in Hereford!!! I remember going there not so many seasons ago and we lost 5-0 in the FA Cup.

By the way I have been watching since I was 7 years old in 1958 and the game has improved massively over these years,UP THE VALE

I still find It astonishing that some "supporters" are so cynical about our position and must be very bored to make such ridiculous comments.

We Were the bookies favourite (after the railwaymen) to go down!

That facts are, We have 40 points only a few wins from guaranteed "Third Division" football next year and are still in with an outside chance of the play offs.

The Club it self is in a good financial position (Thanks Mr Smurf from me) and have several potential buyers apparently!

I remember not so long ago seriously concerned that Port Vale my disappear forever and am very pleased with the position we are in at present.

In my opinion we are exceeding the expectations of many of the more realistic in our midst and I believe we have a bright future.

As for our manager and players, we have a good standard of both and as long as they show commitment on the field of play I will back them all the way, just count your blessings you could live in Hereford!!! I remember going there not so many seasons ago and we lost 5-0 in the FA Cup.

By the way I have been watching since I was 7 years old in 1958 and the game has improved massively over these years,UP THE VALE

Well said Dave the student needs go back university obviously hasn't learnt much

Archived