onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

26th Dec 2015, Coventry C v Port Vale, pre-match comments and the match itself

Fosse69

I did. And we were *****.

First half we were the better team but more because of how crap Coventry were than any of our own good play. They rightly had a rocket at half-time and were deserving of their goal in the second half, though on the day both teams huffed and puffed but looked devoid of any quality.

Under Page the club will go absolutely nowhere except backwards no matter who's in charge of the club. I'm sure he's a nice fella and no doubt gives it his all but he doesn't have a plan B, his subs are often terrible and far too late and he just hasn't managed to sort out certain things like defending set-pieces, despite being a former centre-back of decent calibre himself, and the away form, which in truth has been absolutely shocking under his guidance. It's going to be a very long rest of the season.

Your opinion lost all rational semblance for me with your opening line, everything that followed is a mere diatribe. If you think we were that bad there's no point arguing otherwise other to say you either haven't seen too many Vale games of the 80's and 00's or have a very short memory.

Advert

Your opinion lost all rational semblance for me with your opening line, everything that followed is a mere diatribe. If you think we were that bad there's no point arguing otherwise other to say you either haven't seen too many Vale games of the 80's and 00's or have a very short memory.

We've certainly played worse this season, but what I saw was a toothless side devoid of creativity and ideas. Coventry were woeful in the first half and yet we didn't score, didn't test there keeper half as much as we should have and I think most of us weren't surprised at all that we went on to get absolutely zilch out of the game. The manager and his side are so, so predictable.

Fortunately for us the standard of football in League One from what I've seen this year is dreadful and there's quite a few teams worse than us.

You don't know what the 'fayre' is if you have seen it. If we were awful I'd say it and in some away games this season we have been but this was not one of them. Coventry were comprehensively outplayed for 60 minutes, yes we lost and yes we're in need of goals but I appreciate the effort the players displayed today.

I'm also glad for you that you saved your money, I'm glad I supported my team!

I certainly wouldn't say Cov were comprehensively outplayed for 60 minutes. We were the better side first half and they were the better side second half.

The difference is they created chances and we created one. Bottom line is football is about goals, and once again we didn't get one, the sooner Page learns this the better it will be for himself, the team and most importantly us idiots who keep paying to watch no creativity away from home.

Pressed well.

Passed it nice.

Worked hard.

No end product.

Opposition make a change after an hour.

They score.

Hooper comes on for 15 mins in a vain attempt to salvage something.

We lose.

And repeat.

Whilst looking pretty on the eye we are losing games of football and are the most predictable one dimensional team in the league.

It is boring stuff to watch at times. It isnt edge of the seat football.

Boring and predictable.

Im sorry but nullifying the opposition and making them look bad and hoping to nick one is not my idea of good performances.

Yet again, another opposition goalkeeper who hasnt had a save to make.

Im hardly excited to pay 23 quid to watch us against Bury. To have minimal goal attempts. To not play cut throat football. To not get out of my seat.

Less points now than this time last year.

Sick of everything revolving around the club and the endless garbage about us playing well. Out posession and good pressing mask two very important things in football that are at the top of the list. We don't create or score and we can't keep a clean sheet.

I am not moaning at the players. I think they do their jobs as they have been told to setup but its simply not working.

And having read the thread, for those who thought we "played well" we didnt have one shot on target!!!

That simply is not performing well as a team, or as a shape. Its not working.

Football is about scoring goals and in this league our lack of any attacking sense towards the opposition is costing us a play off push and could ultimately be our downfall to oblivion under a manager who just wants to keep the ball without letting flair players express themselves.

And finally Byron Moore was garbage. Again. How he plays professional football is beyond me.

Page has had his chance and blown it. Obviously tactically naive and can't pick a winning team from 33 players on the staff.

There is no plan B and to leave 2 recognised goal scorers on the bench until the 80th minute when they scored showed he was happy to settle for a draw instead of going for a win. he may be a good coach but still picks his favourites like Dodds and Daniel because they performed well in training.

Get ready for a roller coaster ride towards relegation like last year. We have less points than this time last year and a poor run could suck us into the relegation zone. Hopefully there are worse teams in this division than us to keep us up but look at last year four points off the play offs to fighting to stay up. Ring any bells?

Page has had his chance and blown it. Obviously tactically naive and can't pick a winning team from 33 players on the staff.

There is no plan B and to leave 2 recognised goal scorers on the bench until the 80th minute when they scored showed he was happy to settle for a draw instead of going for a win. he may be a good coach but still picks his favourites like Dodds and Daniel because they performed well in training.

Get ready for a roller coaster ride towards relegation like last year. We have less points than this time last year and a poor run could suck us into the relegation zone. Hopefully there are worse teams in this division than us to keep us up but look at last year four points off the play offs to fighting to stay up. Ring any bells?

That's exactly what is about to happen and unfortunately everyone knows it.

No matter how many times Page says 'the lads gave me everything' it hardly matters when you can't pick up points.

And having read the thread, for those who thought we "played well" we didnt have one shot on target!!!

That simply is not performing well as a team, or as a shape. Its not working.

Football is about scoring goals and in this league our lack of any attacking sense towards the opposition is costing us a play off push and could ultimately be our downfall to oblivion under a manager who just wants to keep the ball without letting flair players express themselves.

And finally Byron Moore was garbage. Again. How he plays professional football is beyond me.

Bryon was indeed yet again completely ineffective, he seems scared to death constantly avoiding or backing out of any physical part of the game and his delivery of a decent cross non existent.

I felt Birchall did more than Byron in the time he had, least he managed to compete and hold off their left back

Strange and mysterious things happen at Christmas but Jean missing a Vale game isn't one of them.

You're not wrong there Howjy, be interesting to know the last time she missed a game, I know she saw EVERY game under Micky Adams tenure.

The difference is they created chances and we created one.

I have to disagree with your there. REP. AJL-S hit the post early on. Foley blasted over when very well placed and should at least have worked the keeper. Moore was in a great position to shoot then fell over his feet and the bizarre decision by AJ to chest the ball sideways from a great cross when all he had to do was head it goalwards. All very decent chances and it was only Page standing on the sidelines telling them to miss because he wanted a 0-0 that stopped them scoring! Our finishing was the issue, not creation of chances.

For the people who still think Page is the man to take us forward, yesterday was the halfway mark in the season and on our travels we have had 36 shots on target away from home all season. That equates to three shots on target for every two games played. This is his team and he thinks we these players are good enough for the first division. As for him being a good coach? How is that measured when as an international centre half we have conceded so many goals from corners and free kicks.

Archived