onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

26th Dec 2015, Coventry C v Port Vale, pre-match comments and the match itself

Fosse69

Ignore them then. Although very blunt his underlying point is correct. Why is it we settle for mediocrity? I've been 7 away matches now and not seen us win a match and we've only scored in a couple of them as well! As a paying fan I have a right to complain and even though we played pretty well yesterday the problems are still the same. Id like to know why some fans see page as irreplaceable or exempt from critism.

He is probably irreplaceable because it would cost money and smurf doesnt want to spend any more. Paying off his contract, employing a new manager who would probably want his own backroom staff and players would blow the budget for the next 3 years given our attendances.

Advert

We've only played 12 away games Ray so it equates to 3 shots on target per game, not per two games. That's on a par with a lot of Prem teams - Stoke have only managed 3.2 per home game and they are supposed to be the dog's danglies if you listen to Radio Stoke. We haven't played well away from home but there's no need to make it sound twice as bad as it is!!

Bit of a pointless comparison that...

Also the stats themselves prove just how bad we have consistently been away from home. 3 shots on target per game is pretty damn awful in league 1 football.

There's a difference between praising and trying to bring a bit of balance to the argument. You talk about Page being a negative manager - I've yet to meet a more negative supporter than you. Are you really a Vale supporter or just a Sjokie on a wind up?

Season ticket holder. I'm fed up with his negative tactics we never look like scoring away from home and just want to defend. This tactic really never works as we can't defend yet the manager persists with it. That is the sign of a bad manager! We even play 1 upfront at home against f****** Maidenhead! Adams got slaughtered yet he was 10times a manager Page will ever be. Under him we were top goalscorers in England and had the leading scorer in England. Yet Page seems exempt from criticism from some on here. I'm sick of the boring football every week and his excuses. He honestly believes we are improving. He must suffer from the same disorder as Jim Gannon! Facts speak for themselves and I'm afraid Page would have got the sack at any other club but Smurf seems scared to death of spending his money on sacking him. I won't renew next season if he his in charge next season and it could cost Smurf more money next season if he doesn't sack him as gates are failing alarmingly. But as Pagey says 'we go again'.

Season ticket holder. I'm fed up with his negative tactics we never look like scoring away from home and just want to defend. This tactic really never works as we can't defend yet the manager persists with it. That is the sign of a bad manager!

Do you REALLY think we just wanted to defend in the first half yesterday?

As I didn't go I can't judge but I'm going to anyway as some things I need get off my chest .

Why is this a persistently happening, why is page when we r in the game and doing OK for 60 mins v Walsall and yesterday v Coventry ,why isn't he going for it I tell u why because he is no manager .

Bar Millwall at home I've seen nothing in this league be remotely scared of .

Why not 3 up front and get a few goals ahead then revert back to ya boring 0-0 attitude.

We r playing stay up and already r in a massive downturn ,who's going stand up for the Vale people that's what I want know surely them down the road should be motivating our lot do better

If not why not ,don't represent our football club if u got a soft spot for Stoke your dislike of them should motivate u there laughing at u players ,manager ,chairman wtf u going do about it ?

Who won yesterday? Who had a shot on target yesterday? Exactly! Pull your head out of Rob Page's a*** it's embarrassing!

So you don't know? Is that because you have your head up your own nether regions? Coventry were playing one up front at home. That was the point I was trying to make which you appear to have missed. Playing one up front is not the reason we lost - stupid decision making in the box is why we lost. They had two shots on target, the first in the 80th minute and the second about 2 minutes from the end when they broke away from our box and McGivern cleared it. There was actually little difference between the teams.

The difference between you and me is not that I have my head up anyone's backside - it's that I like to be positive about life whereas you are clearly not happy unless you're miserable. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

So you don't know? Is that because you have your head up your own nether regions? Coventry were playing one up front at home. That was the point I was trying to make which you appear to have missed. Playing one up front is not the reason we lost - stupid decision making in the box is why we lost. They had two shots on target, the first in the 80th minute and the second about 2 minutes from the end when they broke away from our box and McGivern cleared it. There was actually little difference between the teams.

The difference between you and me is not that I have my head up anyone's backside - it's that I like to be positive about life whereas you are clearly not happy unless you're miserable. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Just out of interest what is positive about losing and failing to have a shot on target? What is positive about failing to score inn7 out of 12 away games? Believe it or not I'm not miserable as you put it but as a Vale fan I believe I'm entitled to better than we are being treated to under Page the plonker! Maybe you are happy with this and aren't bothered if we win or lose? Or that we score or we don't? The fact is this isn't good enough and will only improve when he is sacked.

Just out of interest what is positive about losing and failing to have a shot on target? What is positive about failing to score inn7 out of 12 away games? Believe it or not I'm not miserable as you put it but as a Vale fan I believe I'm entitled to better than we are being treated to under Page the plonker! Maybe you are happy with this and aren't bothered if we win or lose? Or that we score or we don't? The fact is this isn't good enough and will only improve when he is sacked.

As a football fan you are actually entitled to nothing other than 90 minutes of football. You're not entitled to a win every week. You're only entitled to expect that the 11 blokes in your shirts give their best for 90 minutes and I think we got that yesterday. That our best fell a wee bit short of being good enough against a team with five Premier League players in their line up is just how it goes. As I said previously, I am bothered if we win or lose but life's too short to get my knickers in a twist when we do the latter or go over the top when we do the former.

Archived