onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

26th Dec 2015, Coventry C v Port Vale, pre-match comments and the match itself

Fosse69

Advert

Message from a Coventry fan who was at the game, sent to a mate of mine:

"You should have won today. Vale missed two gold-plated chances in the first half and had a good penalty shout turned down. Second half another clear penalty waved aside. We were very, very lucky."

I can only guess that like your mate of a mate , you weren't at the game

Merely offering an opinion on what I see, much like what you are (allegedly) doing :)

Away from the views of people who were watching a different game to me, I thought we did ok against a team who will finish top 4. Had AJ's shot gone in during the first few minutes, I suspect we would have gone on to win. We looked sharper with Foley in the centre and Daniel out on the left, although Moore was dreadful and offered no support to either Purkiss or AJ. As usual, we looked worse when the subs were made. I suspect we have seen the last of Uche. Looks to go down rather than heading towards goal or laying the ball off.

We did okay yet still lost, and predictably. Coventry may be high up in the league but today, on the day, they were awful, and any good side would have been out of sight against them by half-time. If the opposition score first I don't have any belief Vale will go on to win the game, none whatsoever, and even more so away from home. Without Leitch-Smith's purple patch we'd be absolutely hopeless in front of goal of late. The club as the whole at moment is going through the motions, and for me a major downslide looks just around the corner.

We did okay yet still lost, and predictably. Coventry may be high up in the league but today, on the day, they were awful, and any good side would have been out of sight against them by half-time. If the opposition score first I don't have any belief Vale will go on to win the game, none whatsoever, and even more so away from home. Without Leitch-Smith's purple patch we'd be absolutely hopeless in front of goal of late. The club as the whole at moment is going through the motions, and for me a major downslide looks just around the corner.

I agree with all of that, apart from the last 10 words. We will still win more at home than we lose, we will still lose more away than we win.

We miss Andoh and someone who AJ can play off.

Having been to Exeter and Coventry in recent weeks amongst other away fixtures, I know will only be going 1 more and that will be wigan away , only due to the fact I have not been to that stadium before. WE never get slaughtered away from home except Exeter. But same tactics and same poor results have made my mind up.

Think we played some nice neat football just need to open defences more and support AJ we seem to give the ball then sit rather than support especially when he runs out wide.

coventry blog on their website

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/62277-My-Port-Vale-report-huge-win!

and an extra one about our fans,

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/62273-Port-Vale-Fans

Archived