onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

26th Dec 2015, Coventry C v Port Vale, pre-match comments and the match itself

Fosse69

Advert

For the people who still think Page is the man to take us forward, yesterday was the halfway mark in the season and on our travels we have had 36 shots on target away from home all season. That equates to three shots on target for every two games played. This is his team and he thinks we these players are good enough for the first division. As for him being a good coach? How is that measured when as an international centre half we have conceded so many goals from corners and free kicks.

Add to that ,his assistant was on radio only 2 games ago,stating that team will be set up to contain opposition and hopefully nick a goal :banghead:That's the mindset at Vale nowadays:yes:

What is a bad month in Page's eyes? We only drew one game in December and lost the rest and Page said it was an indifferent month. To me it was not indifferent but relegation form. If we don't get six points from the next two games I can seriously see us sliding towards the wrong end of the table and if we start to panic, this idiot manager will probably finish this season like the last one.

What is a bad month in Page's eyes? We only drew one game in December and lost the rest and Page said it was an indifferent month. To me it was not indifferent but relegation form. If we don't get six points from the next two games I can seriously see us sliding towards the wrong end of the table and if we start to panic, this idiot manager will probably finish this season like the last one.

I think Page is the type of guy that would spout some optimistic nonsense as an Armageddon was happening in front of his own eyes. At times I think he's actually deluded.

I'd be dead pleased if I never had to read one of your posts again.

Ignore them then. Although very blunt his underlying point is correct. Why is it we settle for mediocrity? I've been 7 away matches now and not seen us win a match and we've only scored in a couple of them as well! As a paying fan I have a right to complain and even though we played pretty well yesterday the problems are still the same. Id like to know why some fans see page as irreplaceable or exempt from critism.

For the people who still think Page is the man to take us forward, yesterday was the halfway mark in the season and on our travels we have had 36 shots on target away from home all season. That equates to three shots on target for every two games played. .

We've only played 12 away games Ray so it equates to 3 shots on target per game, not per two games. That's on a par with a lot of Prem teams - Stoke have only managed 3.2 per home game and they are supposed to be the dog's danglies if you listen to Radio Stoke. We haven't played well away from home but there's no need to make it sound twice as bad as it is!!

I'd be dead pleased if I never had to witness another vale match with Rob Page in charge or you praising vale after another game we lost and failed to score!

There's a difference between praising and trying to bring a bit of balance to the argument. You talk about Page being a negative manager - I've yet to meet a more negative supporter than you. Are you really a Vale supporter or just a Sjokie on a wind up?

I've been 7 away matches now and not seen us win a match and we've only scored in a couple of them as well!

You're clearly a jinx - please don't go to Blackpool!

As a paying fan I have a right to complain and even though we played pretty well yesterday the problems are still the same. Id like to know why some fans see page as irreplaceable or exempt from critism.

I don't think anyone sees Page as irreplaceable ot exempt from criticism. I think some folk just think some of the criticism and demands for the sack each time we lose a game, in whatever circumstances, is unnecessarily over the top.

Anyone would be an improvement on Page.

Sinnott? Glover? Grew? You? Anyone?

I personally would like the Rochdale manager. He's done a remarkable job there on a shoestring budget and they play some good stuff.

And has only done it at Rochdale - his record at Barnsley was appalling.

Sorry Jean you are right of course and with you comparing us with Stoke then I can confirm, we are garbage. Page out and if Smurthwaite doesn't sack him by the end of January then I predict he that when the new CEO starts on the !st June that he will make sacking Page as his first job. That is if he can find someone who will work for him. I think he will find it difficult to find one as it will be to find someone to pay £4.5m for the club.

Archived