onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter draw liverpool

Advert

It gets worse. Not only won't we be playing Liverpool, we won't have a game at all that weekend. We were due to play Donny but they'll be otherwise engaged....

We should try and move our home game v Coventry to 3rd round weekend (Sat 9th Jan) IF their scheduled opponents for that day, Walsall, win their 2nd round replay, as Cov would also then have no game that weekend. We probably won't play Cov on the currently scheduled date of Sat 6th Feb as Stoke are also at home that day, so we'd inevitably have to move our game anyway (unless Stoke get switched to the Sunday for TV).

It would only be 2 weeks after we've played Cov away, but surely better than playing them on a Tuesday night? (unless it's near the end of the season and they're still in contention for promotion, in which case they'd probably bring a large following)

We should try and move our home game v Coventry to 3rd round weekend (Sat 9th Jan) IF their scheduled opponents for that day, Walsall, win their 2nd round replay, as Cov would also then have no game that weekend. We probably won't play Cov on the currently scheduled date of Sat 6th Feb as Stoke are also at home that day, so we'd inevitably have to move our game anyway (unless Stoke get switched to the Sunday for TV).

It would only be 2 weeks after we've played Cov away, but surely better than playing them on a Tuesday night? (unless it's near the end of the season and they're still in contention for promotion, in which case they'd probably bring a large following)

It's not the worst plan. Or shift the Blackpool away match from a Tuesday in April to that free Saturday.

Clutching at straws but would we definitely have drawn Liverpool if it was us rather than Exeter as 51? Would whoever drew out the Liverpool ball still have done so if they'd read out 'Port Vale of League One' or whatever while he was swirling his balls round?

EDIT: I think that's what Bea was referring to earlier in the thread.

Even if we had been the same ball number, different things would have been said/done - it has been proved as a fact - we would not have had any more chance of drawing Liverpool than anyone else.

Even if we had been the same ball number, different things would have been said/done - it has been proved as a fact - we would not have had any more chance of drawing Liverpool than anyone else.

Just a cheap moan for those who should be thinking about the future, not looking back at what might have been. Anyway, we'd have needed the ground fumigated.

What ever you say.....................It doesnt alter the fact that the Vale players let a lot of people down on Sunday by bottling out.

To be honest I thought I'd be more angry than I was.

I just shrugged my shoulders and thought "typical Vale". Some things never change at this football club.

Yep, me too.

I'll be honest, I'd have gone with the same back four, but how the Hell did we manage to concede off a corner YET AGAIN?? And Birchall?? And Foley out wide?? And no presence up front? It's the same re-occurring issues and totally negative tactics that is really testing supporters patience. And let's not forgot this was an Exeter side apparently riddled with injuries.

They say fortune favours the brave, well Exeter were brave and were rewarded with Liverpool at home. Good luck to them.

Boycott the next away game at walsall it wont harm us financially but it will send out a message that we wont put up with ***** performances away from home. Support the pubs in boslem and watch it from there instead

Brilliant idea!!Or go up to training and give the bottlers some home truths!!!

Just a cheap moan for those who should be thinking about the future, not looking back at what might have been. Anyway, we'd have needed the ground fumigated.

Why doesn't anyone understand that scientifically, even with ball 51 the same as Exeter, we would NOT have played Liverpool - or at least, had the same chance of playing them as anyone else.

If Vale had got through, the 'ripple effect' of different posts, different interviews, even them saying 'Port Vale' in the studio where the draw was made instead of Exeter, changes things by seconds - but even a fraction of a second makes it different. This is scientifically proven.

So we missed nothing - or maybe we missed Stoke, but to say we would have had Liverpool is almost certainly wrong.

What ever you say.....................It doesnt alter the fact that the Vale players let a lot of people down on Sunday by bottling out.

You are right, and that much is unarguably true. Most, not quite all, but nearly all the players should be ashamed of themselves.

To be honest I thought I'd be more angry than I was.

I just shrugged my shoulders and thought "typical Vale". Some things never change at this football club.

It isn't as bad as Chasetown, but the fact it is the 2nd round and we miss even the chance of watching the draw and hoping is what hurts.

In the true scale of things, where some people are told they are terminally ill and some die in tragic accidents and wars every day, it is football and massive over-reaction is uncalled for.

Still hurts a bit though, and possibly if the club is sold to someone vile then long-term it might be far more costly than we might realise right now.

Why doesn't anyone understand that scientifically, even with ball 51 the same as Exeter, we would NOT have played Liverpool - or at least, had the same chance of playing them as anyone else.

If Vale had got through, the 'ripple effect' of different posts, different interviews, even them saying 'Port Vale' in the studio where the draw was made instead of Exeter, changes things by seconds - but even a fraction of a second makes it different. This is scientifically proven.

So we missed nothing - or maybe we missed Stoke, but to say we would have had Liverpool is almost certainly wrong.

One thing is for certain. We'd have had a far better chance of being drawn against Liverpool at home if we'd have won on Sunday. I don't need a scientist to prove that.

It isn't as bad as Chasetown, but the fact it is the 2nd round and we miss even the chance of watching the draw and hoping is what hurts.

In the true scale of things, where some people are told they are terminally ill and some die in tragic accidents and wars every day, it is football and massive over-reaction is uncalled for.

Still hurts a bit though, and possibly if the club is sold to someone vile then long-term it might be far more costly than we might realise right now.

I think it is as bad. It was possibly the worst performance I have seen from a vale side, the players just walking off at the end certainly made it even worse! Im gutted for Smurf and most of all im gutted for the fans, would have been a great tie especially at home, seeing Klopp down vale park. Absolutely gutted

Archived