onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter draw liverpool

Advert

I think it is as bad. It was possibly the worst performance I have seen from a vale side, the players just walking off at the end certainly made it even worse! Im gutted for Smurf and most of all im gutted for the fans, would have been a great tie especially at home, seeing Klopp down vale park. Absolutely gutted

The performance was pathetic, the players were disgraceful for not acknowledging the fans - but you didn't miss getting Liverpool, might have got Charlton away. I said Chasetown was worse because they were many leagues lower, Exeter are a half-decent team with a fair home record, but should have been a team we could at least get a replay against.

I'm much more concerned with what will happen to Vale now, rather than crying over spilt milk about a non-existant never-was tie against Liverpool or another big side who would probably have humiliated Vale to be brutally honest, if the Exeter game was any indication.

Why doesn't anyone understand that scientifically, even with ball 51 the same as Exeter, we would NOT have played Liverpool - or at least, had the same chance of playing them as anyone else.

If Vale had got through, the 'ripple effect' of different posts, different interviews, even them saying 'Port Vale' in the studio where the draw was made instead of Exeter, changes things by seconds - but even a fraction of a second makes it different. This is scientifically proven.

So we missed nothing - or maybe we missed Stoke, but to say we would have had Liverpool is almost certainly wrong.

Awww it is a shame for you. If that's what you want to believe to make the pain less painful, then so be it.

Referring to Bea's comments,there is some credibility in what he is saying.Its parallel to the passage of play in a match.The ball hits the post rebounds up the pitch ,the other team scores,kickoff by the team who hit the post.The ball goes in the net ,so no rebound,kick off by the team who conceded.Same first shot,different outcome,different result.I actually think we would have drawn Hartlepool away.;)

I see what Bea is saying, everything that happens changes the course of time or what is to come(the future). That's fate. Although what happens in a football match in Exeter I'm not sure how that is directly going to effect the goings on of people pulling balls out of a bowl in Cardiff a day and a bit later. I'd be surprised if anyone who was in Exeter came into contact with anyone who was at the draw in Cardiff? But anyway I'm probably going a bit deeply into this. 1) it's a irrelevant as we lost and 2) Yes we could have drawn Liverpool but we also could have drawn Man Utd if that changes fate, Stoke, Spurs, Chelsea as well as Dagenham or Whitehawk that's the luck of the draw(or bad luck).

Whatever the fact is Vale bottled it and it's a missed opportunity as to what level that missed opportunity is we perhaps will never know!

If we had won at Exeter, then we are talking about present and future all being different. It only takes a minor event, the classic butterfly effect, to change something. A big event like a sports match is huge in the physics of the world turning. So we cannot ever know what anything would have been if that game was a different score, or if ANY thing had happened different it all counts towards a changing reality. Not my research or results. Just annoying when people fail to realise this.

Bea Smith is the reason I don't hang out here any more and rarely bother to comment. I'm fascinated, however, by people who believe it's "scientifically proven" that the course of the world is changed by one moment, one act, one result of a football match. The idea that folks talking in a room could influence how the balls came out in the draw? Wow! You've almost got me convinced there's more to life than what we can see. Something spiritual? Surely not?

Happy Christmas, y'all and remember what it celebrates. UTV!

But would the result have had any effect on ball 51 being drawn out when it was..or indeed any other ball being drawn out when it was? Yes it would have affected which club was drawn against Liverpool but in reality 'team represented by ball 51' was drawn against Liverpool and it doesnt matter which team hat was

Anyways....it's done now..or is it???? :ninja:

Why doesn't anyone understand that scientifically, even with ball 51 the same as Exeter, we would NOT have played Liverpool - or at least, had the same chance of playing them as anyone else.

If Vale had got through, the 'ripple effect' of different posts, different interviews, even them saying 'Port Vale' in the studio where the draw was made instead of Exeter, changes things by seconds - but even a fraction of a second makes it different. This is scientifically proven.

So we missed nothing - or maybe we missed Stoke, but to say we would have had Liverpool is almost certainly wrong.

Have a day off from the pious hippie tree hugging bull**** eh

The performance was pathetic, the players were disgraceful for not acknowledging the fans - but you didn't miss getting Liverpool, might have got Charlton away. I said Chasetown was worse because they were many leagues lower, Exeter are a half-decent team with a fair home record, but should have been a team we could at least get a replay against.

I'm much more concerned with what will happen to Vale now, rather than crying over spilt milk about a non-existant never-was tie against Liverpool or another big side who would probably have humiliated Vale to be brutally honest, if the Exeter game was any indication.

Wouldnt have minded Charlton away either, just for us to get through would have been nice!

I don't really buy this tosh about players not applauding the fans.

There's a time and a place for that, and most of the fans and players knew that Sunday certainly was not the time for that guff.

One or two made the effort....but if they are going to get slaughtered then what is the point anyway?

Lads, beat Scunny and Walsall for me and we'll call it quits!

Archived