onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Barnsley 1 Port Vale 2 Post match comments

Fosse69

I don't use Twitter or Facebook so I'll pass on that thanks. It was Sproson who said it was poor defending by Yates. He also claimed again tonight that Streete was to blame for make a stupid foul in the last minute against Maidenhead when the telly cameras showed it was a clear dive and Streete hadn't touched him.

I agree the missus comment was daft but no more daft than your determination to judge Yates' performance on the basis of the remarks of a couple of blokes who are watching the game and make mistakes just like everyone else. Yates did a great clearance off the line in the first half. He made a lung busting run to keep up with Moore and made the pass to Foley for the second goal and he defended pretty well considering he was woefully short of match practice.

Adam Yates is not the world's greatest fullback. He makes mistakes. But as long as he's wearing a Vale shirt and running his socks off I'll support him. If you want to sit at home and criticise the bloke then fine. Don't expect me to agree with you though.

Yatesy is a 100% honest pro and an adequate replacement for Purkiss. However, although we won today, we were lucky and not helped by the hack it and hope approach adopted by the back four. Purkiss is one of those players who is intelligent on the ball and his tie up with Byron has been one of the redeeming features re the Vale this season. When fit he replaces Yates in my opinion.

Advert

Yatesy is a 100% honest pro and an adequate replacement for Purkiss. However, although we won today, we were lucky and not helped by the hack it and hope approach adopted by the back four. Purkiss is one of those players who is intelligent on the ball and his tie up with Byron has been one of the redeeming features re the Vale this season. When fit he replaces Yates in my opinion.

I don't disagree with you at all. Purkiss is a better full back than Yates.

not going to go over the top here but they say youre only as good as your last game. well done on the smash and grab folks, however longer term for me todays win is papering over the cracks of really shockingly bad away form. be interesting to see what happens on Thursday now and the team RP puts out

Yep, because AJ did nothing goal threat-wise against Maidenhead first time round but as it stands Uche isn't deserving of a starting place. We're still very light of goalscorers.

play your sad pathetic childish crap useless game of whinger's bingo all you like mr hobblesworth.

i stand by that it wasn't a convincing win.

You really are a ****!!!!!

Throughout Vale's history there has been scores of games we should have, and deserved to win or get a share of points; and, likely, an equal number of games we deserved nothing from but came away with points!

As a Vale fan I would never knock the lads for points they didn't deserve, but will remember that the next time we should have won a game we lost. There is a certain amount of karma floating around...we never seem to have had our fair share!

****!!!!

You really are a ****!!!!!

Throughout Vale's history there has been scores of games we should have, and deserved to win or get a share of points; and, likely, an equal number of games we deserved nothing from but came away with points!

As a Vale fan I would never knock the lads for points they didn't deserve, but will remember that the next time we should have won a game we lost. There is a certain amount of karma floating around...we never seem to have had our fair share!

****!!!!

The thing is, when we don't win games we have perhaps deserved to win some folk say it's the result that counts. When we get a fortunate result like today they seem to think it's the performance that counts.

Yep, because AJ did nothing goal threat-wise against Maidenhead first time round but as it stands Uche isn't deserving of a starting place. We're still very light of goalscorers.

I would expect the same starting team as at Barnsley for the Cup, unless Purkiss is available again in which case he would probably replace Yates. If this does happen, Yates can count himself a bit unlucky.

We have to give the manager credit to be able to pick the most appropriate side and subs for the match - I would like to see both JJ and Uche as subs though, giving options to change the attack if needed.

...and they said it was calamity defending from adam yates and ryan mcgivern, so lee blakeman is a liar is what your saying...

Again...you really are a ****!!!

It wasn't calamity defending, it was an unfortunate ricochet from a decent attempt at a clearing header, and bounced kindly for them. if Blakeman called it that, then he's wrong - doesn't have to be a liar...just wrong! Like you! And he wouldn't be the first radio sjoke commentator to get things Vale wrong, would he? And...if you have to rely on the likes of Blakeman for your "facts" you might consider not shouting your mouth off!

****!!!!!!!!!!!

Got back about two hours ago from what was all in all an excellent result, although the performance wasn't exactly brilliant. For me Alnwick was once again man of the match and was brilliant, grant and foley also excellent. I see comments on here saying Yates did very well, for me he was just about ok, I suppose that's good enough of your second choice right back. I thought we were quite poor in style not much passing on show at all. I have to say we beat a truly awful side yesterday without really playing well ourselves. Anyway 3 points away from home is always a bonus especially given our away form. I now fully expect us to win on Thursday, I'd still bring streete in ASAP as I think he's better than Duffy and mcgivern but other than that id go with the same 11. Overall a very Average performance with a great result and for once defended well of corners and good in front of goal. Many areas to improve for sure but a very welcome 3 points, although it maybe does paper over the cracks.

P.s just seen a post in which someone has critisised Alnwick and wants Neal back in goal. Now Neal is a brill keeper but alnwick was great again today and has been all season!

The thing is, when we don't win games we have perhaps deserved to win some folk say it's the result that counts. When we get a fortunate result like today they seem to think it's the performance that counts.

If Vale had some long overdue fortune today, it makes a tiny dent in the massive load of bad luck this season in terms of injuries, bad decisions, and late goals conceded, plus missed penalties and more.If we win another 3 or 4 games where the other side have more of the play or more shots we still couldn't be called 'lucky'.

well, someone on here called jockyboy said the commentators were watching the game, and i was listening to the game, and they said it was calamity defending from adam yates and ryan mcgivern, so lee blakeman is a liar is what your saying, oh and your such a witty person with your 'seeing ya missus' type of banter. hilarious pal, absoulutely hilarious. :drool::boring::notworthy: i think you should go on twitter or facebook and tell blakeman he aint doing his job properly then he's clearly a liar

Simple yes or no question - are you actually pleased Vale won at Barnsley or not ?

Archived