onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Barnsley 1 Port Vale 2 Post match comments

Fosse69

Advert

Am I naive in that I was asking for JJ to be given a run at 2-0 rather than uche? Or was anyone else thinking the same?

why bring uche on, would of been better to bring hooper on at 2-0 up, oh wait a min, we had pressure on us because of comical hilarious defending from mr adam yates.

Am I naive in that I was asking for JJ to be given a run at 2-0 rather than uche? Or was anyone else thinking the same?

I think JJ is a good finisher. But I like Uche. They are two completely different players and one will be better than the other in given situations and opponents. So last week against Maidenhead I thought Page was totally wrong to take off JJ at the time he did. I do think away from home JJ can be effective in a counter attacking game. Uche has lost a bit of form or focus recently, but he can be a really good weapon and especially in situations where teams park the bus at Port Vale a big guy like him who walks through tackles and has a physical presence is what is needed.

Just back from the game. I think the description would be hard fought victory. Did nothing until the goal which was a superb header from AJ. Great breakaway goal for the second. **** up by Yates for their goal. The stars were Foley, Grant, Bryon Moore, Alnwick and McGivern. AJ offers more upfront than Uche who was hopeless when came on.

League table shows Barnsley cuddled up to Crewe at the bottom of League 1 - so we can beat teams struggling at the bottom. I didn't want Page after last season, yes this season we have seen positives at times. We are predictable in play and substitutions.

What was your problem last season? We certainly finished better than we started

The problem with Yates - and don't get me wrong I think he's a reasonable back-up - is that like McGivern, there's always a mistake in there waiting to rear its ugly head, and as we saw last year, they are usually pretty costly. Today it seems we just about got away with it, but we will lose more points than we win with Yates, McGivern and Dicko in the back four.

I'm wondering what's going on with Uche. It sounded on the radio he did some pretty stupid stuff (daft offsides, not chasing down etc) that rankled his team mates.

You really are a sad person.

According to the commentators [who saw the game] Mr Adam Yates was one of the best players on the pitch.

why bring uche on, would of been better to bring hooper on at 2

don't think you no how to quote properly mate? nevermind ay, can't all be perfect can we.

adam yates give the goal away, end of.

Archived