onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Barnsley 1 Port Vale 2 Post match comments

Fosse69

Special mention should also go to the 18 South Yorks Police officers inside the ground, who manfully watched the game for free.

Even in the face of excellent behaviour from the sub-300 Vale fans, they refused to stand down during the game and go and do something useful.

The intelligence on the ground paid off again. Well done SYP!!

Advert

Totally agree. Interesting post match interview from Page where he discussed the retained list and said how the wages wanted by some of the non-league players they were tracking werre stratospheric. Shame about Yates' error but seems like he played really well apart from that.

Yep, good to see Adam Yates and AJLS do well. What RP said made sense, the fans don't know the facts and the whole story on the retained list and some OVFer's don't want to hear it. Must admit still can't understand why JJ doesn't get a chance but RP knows the players and there must be a reason.

Barnsley were the better side, but we took our chances so deserved to win. Uche was horrendous when he came on and we might as well have been playing with 10 men. JJ scored 2 for the reserves midweek and still doesn't get a sniff. He might not be up to league standard yet, but he couldn't have done less than Uche did.

The result was all that matter today. The performance besides the goal in the first 45 minutes was pretty poor and we looked like we came for a draw with a few players wasting time and no support being provided at all to AJ up front.

A great goal just after half time, we seemed to have control until the subs which made no sense. Please Page don't bring Uche on as a sub, he never looks interested and could not understand Foley being taken off for Daniel.

I know we can only beat what is in front of you but if we came up against any team who wasn't so low on confidence, the result could well have been different.

Just back. A welcome result but I am very concerned about the performance which seems to have set us back to the worst of Adams. Fortunately Barnsley were a very poor side and low on confidence. We repeatedly gave the ball back to the opposition, retreated deep into our own half and hoofed long balls in the general direction of the front men on a day when we had left our aerial threat in the dressing room. Bright spots - our second goal and Foley's general efforts in support of the attack and Grant's display as he seemed the only one who knew how to play football. I'm particularly concerned about Alnwick's display in goal - repeatedly flaps at crosses and knocks the ball back out to the opposition, shows poor distribution and fails to communicate with his defence. Bring back Neal as soon as possible.

don't think you no how to quote properly mate? nevermind ay, can't all be perfect can we.

adam yates give the goal away, end of.

Don't think you know how to use capital letters either. I can only assume you weren't at the game if you think Yates gave the goal away. He dived to make a clearing header to stop a cross going through. Unfortunately the ball hit McGivern and rebound straight to one of their players who shot in. If you're going to blame Yates for that then I can only assume you must have a downer on him because he's been seeing your missus or summat. It was a complete fluke.

1 win in 11 plus the retained list. Page has been helped this season by a new breed of coaches after we got rid of grew & glover.

Although I didn't see much evidence of coaching today I do think Bodin has had a positive effect on the team. Even with O'Connor back I have sadly not seen any inventiveness on the corner front.

Well done boys, stopped the rot with an away win, given us a bit of breathing room between us and the bottom. Now maybe everyone can get off each others' backs and get behind the team.

Here here DaneValiant. Good comment.

Must admit I feared the worst with 6 mins added on and turned off the radio, convinced myself I would be tuning back in to a 2-2, so we'll done Vale for finishing the game.

We've had loads of games this season and last where we've been robbed at home so tough luck Barnsley basically

Don't think you know how to use capital letters either. I can only assume you weren't at the game if you think Yates gave the goal away. He dived to make a clearing header to stop a cross going through. Unfortunately the ball hit McGivern and rebound straight to one of their players who shot in. If you're going to blame Yates for that then I can only assume you must have a downer on him because he's been seeing your missus or summat. It was a complete fluke.

well, someone on here called jockyboy said the commentators were watching the game, and i was listening to the game, and they said it was calamity defending from adam yates and ryan mcgivern, so lee blakeman is a liar is what your saying, oh and your such a witty person with your 'seeing ya missus' type of banter. hilarious pal, absoulutely hilarious. :drool::boring::notworthy: i think you should go on twitter or facebook and tell blakeman he aint doing his job properly then he's clearly a liar

well, someone on here called jockyboy said the commentators were watching the game, and i was listening to the game, and they said it was calamity defending from adam yates and ryan mcgivern, so lee blakeman is a liar is what your saying, oh and your such a witty person with your 'seeing ya missus' type of banter. hilarious pal, absoulutely hilarious. :drool::boring::notworthy: i think you should go on twitter or facebook and tell blakeman he aint doing his job properly then he's clearly a liar
There is one opinion I trust and it is not Blakeman in comparison to Jacko.

I don't use Twitter or Facebook so I'll pass on that thanks. It was Sproson who said it was poor defending by Yates. He also claimed again tonight that Streete was to blame for make a stupid foul in the last minute against Maidenhead when the telly cameras showed it was a clear dive and Streete hadn't touched him.

I agree the missus comment was daft but no more daft than your determination to judge Yates' performance on the basis of the remarks of a couple of blokes who are watching the game and make mistakes just like everyone else. Yates did a great clearance off the line in the first half. He made a lung busting run to keep up with Moore and made the pass to Foley for the second goal and he defended pretty well considering he was woefully short of match practice.

Adam Yates is not the world's greatest fullback. He makes mistakes. But as long as he's wearing a Vale shirt and running his socks off I'll support him. If you want to sit at home and criticise the bloke then fine. Don't expect me to agree with you though.

Archived