onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Barnsley 1 Port Vale 2 Post match comments

Fosse69

For me Uche has not been the same player since about mid September, not just the sending off and would not be too fussed if he went back in January.

I seem to recall he went to Doncaster last season from Crewe and didn't do much there.

Reading between the lines of what Rob Page says, he either doesn't train very hard or RP feels he doesn't get involved in games enough when he hasn't got the ball (that's football-speak for laziness!).

A full-on, battering-ram Uche is unplayable. The Uche of last Sunday and yesterday who doesn't jump for, never mind win, headers is no use to us.

Advert

I seem to recall he went to Doncaster last season from Crewe and didn't do much there.

Reading between the lines of what Rob Page says, he either doesn't train very hard or RP feels he doesn't get involved in games enough when he hasn't got the ball (that's football-speak for laziness!).

A full-on, battering-ram Uche is unplayable. The Uche of last Sunday and yesterday who doesn't jump for, never mind win, headers is no use to us.

Interesting ,as I've actually seen Uche put in extra training and also give up his time to attend the kids coaching days!!

Interesting ,as I've actually seen Uche put in extra training and also give up his time to attend the kids coaching days!!

If that's the case, than fair enough. I'm just going on what RP says when asked about Uche's omission.

There still has to be some reason why our main man isn't starting.

If that's the case, than fair enough. I'm just going on what RP says when asked about Uche's omission.

There still has to be some reason why our main man isn't starting.

Same could be said about several other squad players! RP stands or falls by his selections. On the terraces we fans see potential in many players and we also believe that x, y or z may be the answer to various positions in the Team BUT RP is in charge and has /will continue to baffle us all with some of his strange decisions. Recently it has come very, very close to his job on the line surely but he carries on with HIS ideas and formations. That is something we all have to live with whilst he's here and in charge.

Personally my gut feeling now is that RP cannot and will not changes his ways. He obviously has a strategy and vision of what he wants to do at Vale and like it or lump it we are having to accept it. It could easily go either way. As Valiants we honestly have to support the Club and that includes RP during his tenure. We can all gloat/moan/complain or state our disapproval until such time that RP's plan has either bitten him in the backside or proved long term to be his downfall. I have come down off my fence as far as RP is concerned and now feel a change is warranted for the future at some point, BUT I still will support Vale as much as possible in the sincere hope that whatever transpires Vale are better off for the result.

In football anyone can have short lived success and indeed anyone can make a total mess of any Club, irrespective of how good/ bad they were at other clubs. No one can guarantee anyone being a success. All managers have relatively short lived spans other than a very, very minor few exceptions and success can so quickly turn into failure as far as Football is concerned. I would not want to be in Norman's shoes!!!

Sounds exciting though, Jacko, which is the only thing people want it seems.

Hard to tell I think. People seem to want better performances when we win, and wins when the performances are good but we don't get the result.

All hell breaks loose when there's a poor performance and a loss. A win and a performance and we're off to the Championship.

All the signs of a fickle part of the fanbase, which every set of supporters have to contend with. Trick is to not get too down when we lose, and to not get overexcited when we win. Easy to say, hard for everyone to do!

Great result for Vale on Saturday. Pleased for AJ getting his first vale goal and hopefully there is more goals to come from him. Two good assists by Moore. 4 points off the last playoffs place. Still early days though yet. Looking at the highlights looked it was Mcgivern fault for the Barnsley goal. Some quality saves by Alnwick to keep us in the game again.

Just hope we can do the same against Maidenhead Utd on Thursday. Come on Vale :)!!. Onwards and upwards.

Great result for Vale on Saturday. Pleased for AJ getting his first vale goal and hopefully there is more goals to come from him. Two good assists by Moore. 4 points off the last playoffs place. Still early days though yet. Looking at the highlights looked it was Mcgivern fault for the Barnsley goal. Some quality saves by Alnwick to keep us in the game again.

Just hope we can do the same against Maidenhead Utd on Thursday. Come on Vale :)!!. Onwards and upwards.

On what planet was mcgivern at fault for the goal? He can't just disappear! I was there and he and Yates both did alright at the goal was more of bad luck that anyone's fault. I mentioned earlier we were outplayed for the large part, certainly in the first half but got the job done, we will certainly need to play better than that to pick up points away from home reguarly though.

On what planet was mcgivern at fault for the goal? He can't just disappear! I was there and he and Yates both did alright at the goal was more of bad luck that anyone's fault. I mentioned earlier we were outplayed for the large part, certainly in the first half but got the job done, we will certainly need to play better than that to pick up points away from home reguarly though.

I wasn't there but it looked like it was Mcgivern's fault by the highlights on channel 5. Fair enough. We have been struggling in away games this season to be fair. Hopefully we have turned that corner now and start to bring back our good away form from previous season.

Archived