onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Barnsley 1 Port Vale 2 Post match comments

Fosse69

Advert

Two contrasting articles on the BBC.com today, RP rationalizing the re-signing of Yates and Birchall and an article about Crewe Alex and their manager saying their youngsters are struggling in lge 1, I suggest RP made the better choices.

You think that signing Yates and birchall has been successful? Don't be silly!!

The ball hit his belly and went straight to the opposition to score the goal. Failed to clear it. Watch the video.

Hit his belly, exactly. Tell me how, in the split second that happened, he should have been able to get his foot/head in place of his belly and clear the ball. McGivern is a centre half, not a ****** contortionist!

The ball hit his belly and went straight to the opposition to score the goal. Failed to clear it. Watch the video.

Smacks of a comment from someone who would blame McGivern for a hurricane hitting Vale Park. I'm neutral on him as a player, thought he did OK at the start of last season, was poor after his injury. Credit where its due I don't think our improved defending at corners and McGivern getting in to the side are any coincidence. I would love to know which Premier League defender would clear a ball headed at their balls from 5 metres or less.

Two brilliant goals ,if only we could keep playing on the front foot all game we wouldn't then be putting unnecessary pressure on our defence at the end of the last two games .

Seems Uche has lost confidence well here is my message to him ,on your day your u playable make sure that day (s) r Thurs 19th /21st /23rd November.

As for Yates he set up the important second goal with a lovely weighted pass ( ok Foley finished it superbly ) but without that we may have lost that game .

Moore and Foley r my favourite players this season so far ,O'connor he is a good un ,Grant seems a good find ,good c AJ score let's have some more now !!

Their goal was simply unlucky. Yates's header was strong and had it not hit mcgiven it would have been more than enough to get it clear.

I am worried if I am honest. I went the match and honestly thought that we would lose it. We did not play well and were lucky to be one up never mind two. We keep inviting pressure and the defence can not keep taking that for 30 mins of a match. I would have thought that we would be able to control the game with the budget that we have compared to others, but we don't. Is this down to the lads on the pitch or the manager?

I have never been a call for the managers head type of fan, but its worrying how badly at times we preform. We have some quality at time and some matches we control, but should we take the lead we then revert back to every man behind the ball. I have refereed a sunday league match where this actually happened a team that had more men on the pitch just sat back because the other team knew they were out numbered so pushed forward. The team lost because they invited pressure.

Great result for Vale on Saturday. Pleased for AJ getting his first vale goal and hopefully there is more goals to come from him. Two good assists by Moore. 4 points off the last playoffs place. Still early days though yet. Looking at the highlights looked it was Mcgivern fault for the Barnsley goal. Some quality saves by Alnwick to keep us in the game again.

Just hope we can do the same against Maidenhead Utd on Thursday. Come on Vale :)!!. Onwards and upwards.

Don't quite count as assists but certainly very helpful contributions

Their goal was simply unlucky. Yates's header was strong and had it not hit mcgiven it would have been more than enough to get it clear.

I am worried if I am honest. I went the match and honestly thought that we would lose it. We did not play well and were lucky to be one up never mind two. We keep inviting pressure and the defence can not keep taking that for 30 mins of a match. I would have thought that we would be able to control the game with the budget that we have compared to others, but we don't. Is this down to the lads on the pitch or the manager?

I have never been a call for the managers head type of fan, but its worrying how badly at times we preform. We have some quality at time and some matches we control, but should we take the lead we then revert back to every man behind the ball. I have refereed a sunday league match where this actually happened a team that had more men on the pitch just sat back because the other team knew they were out numbered so pushed forward. The team lost because they invited pressure.

I can't imagine our budget is bigger than Barnsley's, given they are getting gates of 8500 having lost 7 in a row.

So you would have preferred RP to pay over the odds for untried, untested players at Lge 1 level, now that is very silly, ask Steve Davis.

Yes I would 100% over birchall who offers nothing and is tried and tested and crap at this level. Why would I want us to keep a player who has been ineffective almost every match since his return to the club? I would 100% rather us have a young pacey winger on the bench than him. No question.

Archived