onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 24th Oct 2015, Burton A v Port Vale, pre-match comments, the match itself

Fosse69

Advert

You say go for the jugular and you want AJLS in your team, supposedly a striker with 2 goals in around 40 games, I hope I am proved wrong but he just does not look good enough.

Team for me

Alnwick

Purkiss Streete Duffy Dicko

Moore Grant O'Connor Foley

Uche Daniel

I was talking to a Crwho? fan last night, he told me before we signed him that AJLS wasn't up to it, he showed promise at 18 but hasn't really moved on from there.

Burton have scored once in 5 matches........... And that was an own goal.

Big game for us today. And the manager in particular.

Although they are up there, defeat is unthinkable.

We need a result.

I have faith in Page BUT as you say a defeat today and i think he could start to feel the heat a bit,i am sure Smurf expected us to be higher than where we are at the moment with the budget he has given us

Anything other than defeat is what I am expecting. Defeat today & I can see a similar season to last with just avoiding the drop towards the end of the season.

I agree, this current slump has the feeling of last season's end of season slump. We need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves, we need to put a decent run together and we need to improve our away form.

I saw Burton play away at Tranmere last season. Tranmere were a dreadful side and so some qualification is needed to what I say next. Burton won 4-1. They were a classic division winning league 2 side. In other words they had professional standards and a level of oragnisation that is above league 2 level and delivers consistently good performances at that level. If we go to league 1 now we can see that efficiency. They have only scored 13 goals but have 26 points from 14 matches and that is because they have only conceded 13 goals as well. By contrast Port Vale have conceded 16 and scored 16, exactly the same level of performance but because our game management is poorer we are 9 points worse off.

So we need to reduce defensive errors and to raise our game to the level we can play at. I know we have more skillful players than Burton but they need to deliver team consistency. Page needs to find the Burton weak spot. I am confident they can be 'solved' tactically and when League 1 teams do that they will go down the division I expect. That is not to say they won't remain a pretty good side and should never be underestimated.

I saw Burton play away at Tranmere last season. Tranmere were a dreadful side and so some qualification is needed to what I say next. Burton won 4-1. They were a classic division winning league 2 side. In other words they had professional standards and a level of oragnisation that is above league 2 level and delivers consistently good performances at that level. If we go to league 1 now we can see that efficiency. They have only scored 13 goals but have 26 points from 14 matches and that is because they have only conceded 13 goals as well. By contrast Port Vale have conceded 16 and scored 16, exactly the same level of performance but because our game management is poorer we are 9 points worse off.

So we need to reduce defensive errors and to raise our game to the level we can play at. I know we have more skillful players than Burton but they need to deliver team consistency. Page needs to find the Burton weak spot. I am confident they can be 'solved' tactically and when League 1 teams do that they will go down the division I expect. That is not to say they won't remain a pretty good side and should never be underestimated.

You give townsend a run for his money

I was talking to a Crwho? fan last night, he told me before we signed him that AJLS wasn't up to it, he showed promise at 18 but hasn't really moved on from there.

Everyone but page knew that before he signed.

What was even more worrying is that Smurf had to extend the budget to get him, which means page somehow forgot we needed strikers in the squad (not that Id actually call him a striker). Until he signed, we had a loan striker until Jan, campion (who has no future at the club), and kapend (who cant make a mark in stafford rangers team) as our strikers. At that point page wanted to loan out daniel who was a reserve winger/fullback. To think someone started a thread defending the retained list after that balls up.

Archived