onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Floodlights & Apartments

Wise Owl

Advert

Great idea one that I raised as well although looking at that particular corner it looks a bit tight maybe it could incorporate a restaurant/bar or even a gym to include the Robbie Williams suite on the top floor of the Lorne st stand that would then move on to finishing the unfinished part for maybe the new family stand

Good questions I'm sure all will come to light in due course. I would expect them to be the clubs so all revenue from them can go towards budget etc?? But no doubt Smurf will do as he feels is best.

Given the money he has spent and is likely to spend I wouldnt care if it went into his pocket... after tax of course.

For the parking - is it possible to build something in that corner that still allows the access road underneath (quite a few flat developments have an access road through them).

I've also always wondered (and I'm really showing my ignorance here) what could be done to expand the Vale Park parking.

1. For instance, is a multi-storey (even a low one of two or three levels) feasible for the Lorne St area or is it prohibitive in terms of cost/planning permission/the dodgy mine shafts etc? I have no idea how much something like that would cost but I would presume it's simply too expensive for Vale to consider.

2. Is there somewhere where park and ride could be used? This would have the added advantage of reducing the overall traffic in the area during match days and I'm sure there are plenty of places where such a scheme could work.

3. In the light of the Co-Op land being unavailable are there other car parks that could be leased by the club on match days? I know other clubs have deals with places like schools or local factories to use their parking places on matchdays.

Good questions I'm sure all will come to light in due course. I would expect them to be the clubs so all revenue from them can go towards budget etc?? But no doubt Smurf will do as he feels is best.

...Whereas I would expect the revenue from any flats to go straight to Norman's bank/business account, simply because it would probably (certainly?) be his money paying for them and not the Club's.

You could knock down all of the Railway, come in ten metres or so and build a steep 4k-5k (currently 7k) stand there with room for three or four story apartment block behind with no on looking properties to complain about the development.

Regarding parking, I think with the Lorne Street, Hamil and Coop there is more than most grounds. That corner inbetween the Hamil and Lorne Street seems very tight and even with an high underpass to accommodate coaches and deliveries wouldn't yield many properties - unless I am missing something.

Will this be social housing of some sort? There is surely a greater need for that in Burslem/SoT, charging reasonable rents.An opportunity perhaps for the club to carry out some development, rake in some income (that hopefully will more than pay for the apartments) and provide some much needed affordable social housing.Or will they be developed and then sold on at max profit?

Nothing wrong with the latter but the former could see the club in a more positive light perhaps and still bring in income?

That could be a great piece of business for the club. Looks good at Orient. hopefully this could be the start of a few projects to improve the look and facilities at VP. Possibly even finish the lorne street and create the best family stand in the division??

Is it definitely for the club? It might be, but all I have seen is Norman saying that HE was going to try and build apartments there. His business is property, so it could be just an extension of that.

Archived