onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

I support Port Vale!!

SourceOfTheTrent

Where did I oppose your opinion? I didn't slur you. I wouldn't want to be bracketed with Michael Mc Intyre or Westlife either and I have no idea of their opinions.

My standard of education may be slightly less than yours but "I object to being put in the same bracket as him" is a slur and a condescending insult at best. As I said, for a mere mortal like me to preach about Equality and Diversity to such an elite bunch of know alls on a site like this is quite humbling for me, as you will imagine

Advert

I'll pay my debts when you can admit you are wrong on so many levels. Then again...if I made a pact like that I would never pay

What a laughable response!!! The reason you've got a debt is because you were wrong you plank!!!

The answer is no then? Pitiful

The irony of this whole situation is that these people were criticising McLean for making political statement through football so they respond ....... by making a politcal statement through football.

They weren't at all.

They were criticising his statement not the fact that he was making it in football.

I wasn't there but..if the British National Anthem can be sung at matches by those that wish to sing it and support what is behind it and people choose to wave the union flag or cross of St George then we have to accept that some will want to sing songs that show how they feel about politics etc that we don't agree with or even find offensive/disturbing

Of course some sing what they sing to wind people up and not cos it's something they believe in but that's surely up to them

You either ban all non-football singing/chanting or you pretty much have to allow all non-football singing/chanting

I saw a quote from someone on a sort of Vale fans group which centred on eradicating "discrimination of any kind".

What exactly is there left to sing with and at away fans, if it's not about someone being fat, short, bald, ugly, too Northern, too Southern, too Yam-Yam etc?

It might be quicker to have a list of what you actually ARE allowed to do in a football ground any more.

As an Irishman, here's my tuppence worth. McClean has made his own trouble. An outstanding footballer in Ireland, not too hard to achieve these days, he is average in the Prem. He is biting the hand that feeds him. His political views are his own business, so he should leave it that way, and

not try to become the centre of attention. He deserves all the ridicule that comes his way in England, chanting included. His views are underscored

with IRA sympathies, whether they seem obvious or not. If an English player did that in Ireland , he would be subjected to the same response.

The bottom line is that he is being paid big money by WBA, and whilst in England, he needs to respect the traditions of the country regardless of his views, or go somewhere else. He can have no complaints otherwise. As for those shouting abuse, you will always have that from a minority , whether it's Vale, Celtic, Rangers, Linfield, Roma etc.

Archived