onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

I support Port Vale!!

SourceOfTheTrent

Advert

So the idiot behaviour continues and the police have more and more ammo to put their charges up, thus taking money away that could be used on the team. Trouble is they have half a brain AND they are dangerous.

Look everyone, Nick's back- yay!!!! :thumbs:

So apathy and ignorance is the best way forward? As long as the players on the pitch are playing well we should accept any discriminative behaviour?

Really winds me up, this attitude of 'get behind the lads, don't bother with anything else'. I get behind the lads, I'm enjoying the football, but I also don't want to be at games where Vale fans embarrass the club by taking part in moronic chants.

"Tony Pulis, he wears the Club shop."?

One player makes a poltical statement.

So its now open season on a variety of Irish chants, flags etc... I'd love to know if those chanting actually understood what they were saying or where they, as I suspect, merely following in the footsteps of other sheep supporters and grazing on the opportunity to abuse someone. A couple of Irish decendended people have already posted. Would you be more offended if someone was displaying your flag, icon etc without knowing what it meant?

I go to football for football and forget about everything else. Leave the politics at home or perhaps join a poltical group suited to your needs and chant there at 3pm every Saturday.

I think you (geosname re; Tony Pulis chant) probably see why thats a lot different.

The bit I find most embarrassing and disrespectful to those who are genuinely affected by things like "the troubles," is that those holding flags up and singing the songs, have absolutely no idea whatsoever about the real history and the real meanings. Obviously I dont know that to be fact but it's an assumption I'm pretty comfortable making.

People who want to stand out, cause mither, make people uncomfortable, threaten others etc, always latch on to this kind of thing and, to be perfectly honest, it annoys me.

The irony of this whole situation is that these people were criticising McLean for making political statement through football so they respond ....... by making a politcal statement through football.

I think they were criticising him for what he said, not the fact he said it. If he'd said "God Save The Queen", I'm not sure there would have been Irish tricolours unfurled in the Smethwick End on Tuesday night!

My views on the IRA chants were mixed. I thought in some contexts they were highly inappropriate but let's get some common sense perspective here. Those of you who have now done some research on this James McLean (I didn't know anything about him until after the chants) will know that McLean turned his back on the English flag and anthem...so unfortunately that in itself is extremist on his part. The opening post is quite correct...Football brings people from all backgrounds together..whether poor, rich or whatever...we all wear the same colours and to take that saying' We are all Vale aren't we?'

Perhaps some people on this forum should remember that when they throw their bigotry and racist nasty remarks about and maybe start to respect other people's opinions...usually people's opinions differ because of their backgrounds and experiences...it's all to do with Equality and Diversity.

In the times that we live in I feel now is the time for the whole of the UK to unite and stand against divide...In McLean's case he also needs a lesson in Equality and Diversity...as do many on this thread. And shockingly it all boils down to common sense when we have the most dangerous of ideologies facing our nation today in ISIS. We need the home countries to stick together, whether rich poor or whatever...Those that don't agree are those with the real issues.

The real problems we have is being in the EU...today's' migration figures were truly shocking and this great country of ours is going down the pan

I think you (geosname re; Tony Pulis chant) probably see why thats a lot different.

The bit I find most embarrassing and disrespectful to those who are genuinely affected by things like "the troubles," is that those holding flags up and singing the songs, have absolutely no idea whatsoever about the real history and the real meanings. Obviously I dont know that to be fact but it's an assumption I'm pretty comfortable making.

People who want to stand out, cause mither, make people uncomfortable, threaten others etc, always latch on to this kind of thing and, to be perfectly honest, it annoys me.

My response [pulis] was to the "moronic chants" not what they may mean or imply..... if the IRA in the chant had been replaced with stoke city would that have made it any different/acceptable?

Archived