onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 1 Burnley 0 . Post match comments

Fosse69

as much as we want to see us score two and three goals a game its no good if we are conceding that many, as we have done for the past few seasons. really pleased for the lads and well done Norm for starting to assemble a possibly great team.

Advert

That was a fantastic win. Everybody played well, and we matched Burnley in every department, I thought we were better the first half. Also, when we scored page changed formation and everything went to pot.

Overall, I don't think there is a weak link in the chain atm

First time I have seen vale this season and I couldnt be more impressed.

I thought the football, the commitment, effort and organisation was brilliant. Every player should be proud of their performance and some look far better than last season, with certain new signings simply brilliant.

Personally although Moore got the goal and had a good game, man of the match had to be someone in that back 4, namely either Purkiss, Duffy or Dickinson. I probably would go with Purkiss whos tackling and crossing was brilliant, dickinson looks 100% better than he did last season, as does duffy. Although a special mention has to go to little Andoh, what a player he his! Could be better than Marshall!

Alnwick 7- Did what he had to do very well.

Purkiss 9- Never caught out, great tackling and great crossing, brilliant showing.

Duffy 8- Excellent and very calm with a couple of great tackles.

Streete 7- Thought he was also very good before the substitution.

Dickinson 8- Great game, looks fitter than last season.

Grant 8- Booked early on for literally nothing but never played a stray pass, looks a class player.

Foley 7- Reminds me of loft, think he will be useful in a position further forward.

Moore 7- Got the goal and showed some skill, nearly a critical mistake at the end though.

Andoh 9- Kept on running, sprinting past defenders with ease, not to mention decent crossing and the tracking back, brilliant.

Dodds 8- Kept on going, loads of chasing down and loads of effort.

AJ 8- Some very neat touches as with Dodds, great effort also.

Subs

Inniss 7- Looked a bit sluggish to me at the start but made one exceptional block and got better and better.

Uche 6- Put himself about, looks clumsy but makes things happen.

Kelly 7- Came on and produced a quality cross immediately for the goal.

Overall the passing that we played was a joy to watch especially against a side recently relegated from the premiership, every player should be proud of that performance. Very good attendance as well (fans were great), good following from Burnley also. Hope for a big crowd on saturday after this and a similar performance.

Ill finish with a word on Rob Page. I was one of his biggest critics on here, but the football and effort we are showing is brilliant, I think many people including me will be proven wrong. Im very optimistic about the season after tonight, I know its only one match but the football and the actual quality of players is a massive improvement. We will be one hell of a side when Oconnor returns.

Up the vale ****** brilliant.

It makes such a difference when you can keep the ball and use it thoughtfully instead of launching it long and playing percentages.

I remember Rory getting panned by some on OVF this time last year when he called our style at the time "dinosaur football". Page may not be perfect but you have to appreciate now that he is dragging us towards something resembling modern football.

when my anger subsides about the ludicrous decision to close the railway stand i will be writing to smurf,crazy crazy decision

I can't remember the last time the Railway Stand was open for a League Cup 1st round game.

Outstanding performance tonight by all concerned. Thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.

The football we have played over the last 2 games has been fantastic and imo all the credit must go to Page and the coaching staff for transforming the team and for Smurf for actually backing his manager unlike some on here and of course the players;lets keep it up and see where it takes us,a massive well done to all

Well .... that was good. Light years ahead of anything I've seen us play for a long time. Important that we back it up with another performance on Saturday. Defensively we look light years ahead of last season, the whole team looks very organised. Andoh looked excellent, but the cross from Kelly for the goal was Guppyesque, pace, bend and in the right place to give the keeper big problems.

Archived