onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 1 Burnley 0 . Post match comments

Fosse69

Advert

Awesome tonight, can't wait for freeportmick to part with his wonga to see what he is missing

To be fair i dont suppose we should have a go at Nick all the time now,we all know he wont go until Page has gone and on this performance and Saturdays it might be a long time sadly before he steps into VP.

3 hours without conceding a goal :ohmy:

And 3 hours of intelligent passes, good crosses and players running at opponents when they have the ball not dishing it off to the first teammate and sneaking off. Amazing.

Maybe now Page has got players he wants in, instead of Micky's players, we may have turned the corner.

Well......that was a pleasant surprise! That was the finest Vale performance for a good while. The 6-2 Rotherham stands out and the televised 3-0 vs Oxford as games where we attacked with pace but neither of those were sides just relegated from the Premier League. Some of the football was outstanding and the way we were dribbling around them in all areas of the pitch was light years from some the absolute tripe we witnessed last year. There is so much pace about the team - no, in the squad - even I'm feeling optimistic for the season. People will no doubt mention the clean sheet, but it's hard to concede goals when you don't give the opposition the ball! I'm still not sure where the goals will come from, but we are creating chances. It's hard to pick a MoM, but on the basis I always thought Moore would come good and Andoh must have something about him, it's a toss up between Foley - relegated with Yeovil last year remember - and Purkiss - released by Walsall - who really surprised me. I'd probably go for the latter by a cats whisker. I do think Gillingham will be a tricky game - their strengths seem to be our weaknesses judging by the weekend highlights - but before that lets keep our fingers crossed for a nice draw and another 45 games like that.

At last my 9 year old has seen a glimpse of Vale from the last ! Early days but 2 very good performances by players who can PLAY ! We are unrecognisable from last year, this is Page's team, let him do it his way !

Great post, and it's so nice to see everyone feeling good for a change. I feel like a new man tonight. UTV

Very refreshing to see a defensively organised side who pass the ball confidently and know when to press.

Also good to see lots of young lads getting game time (Alnwick, Streete, Inniss, Andoh, Kelly).

Burnley put out a strong side and we outclassed them. Already looking forward to Gillingham.

Very refreshing to see a defensively organised side who pass the ball confidently and know when to press.

Also good to see lots of young lads getting game time (Alnwick, Streete, Inniss, Andoh, Kelly).

Burnley put out a strong side and we outclassed them. Already looking forward to Gillingham.

Ive just called in sick for saturday :laugh: cant wait

1-11 were excellent tonight. Nice to have some real quality depth in the squad... Uche, Kelly and Innis are not bad replacements...

Factor in O'connor still to return, Neal in-between the sticks and players like Brown sitting on the bench, the future looks promising.

If hooper can come into the team in the next few months and get an eye for goal... Honestly who knows where we will be come May. Performances like that week in week out, well my bet is we won't be too far out of the top 6.

Special mention for Dodds... He comes in for a lot of criticism. I thought his touch and link up play tonight was fantastic, I think this year could finally be his chance to prove to us what he has in the locker.

AJ never stopped running!

Absolutely quality... UTV!

Archived