onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

8th Aug 2015, Crewe Alex v Port Vale, pre match, the match itself.

Fosse69

Advert

Crewe are worse than they were last year so on paper we should smash them, but we never do.

Now RP has tried to get the lads playing a nicer game we might just see a different outcome as we hopefully won't be completely outplayed.

I reckon they will bring in a couple of loan defenders before Saturday.

Going off what i have seen in pre-season i think my team would be

....................................................BOOT/JOHNSON...............................................

.........PURKISS....................INNISS.................STREETE................DICKO................

..........ANDOH....................FOLEY..................GRANT.................KELLY/DANIEL..............

................................AJ...........................IKPEAZU.........................

Not sure Page will go with 4-4-2 though

Moore has to play for me as well, experience and is useful tracking back. Andoh can play super sub for the first few games until he gets a proper taste of league football.

I see what you are saying and i like Moore but the last time when he against them at VP he was so poor(although i think he hadn't long come back into the team) and i do think Andoh would run them ragged but as you say maybe he could be used as an impact sub,it just shows that we do have strength in a lot of areas

I don't want to be listening to the radio and finding us 2-0 down after 10 minutes. I think we have a good squad that should win this game comfortably if the defence is solid and gives little away. I felt at Vale Park last season we would have won comfortably with Pope up front out powering their defence. So me I would go with our new powerhouse and not so called running forwards in a Dodds / Williamson type strike force which big time did not work for 60 minutes.

He doesn't want to do anything about it Santa, he just gets fed up of finding that the Vale go goals down early on and spend most of the match coming from behind. My recollection of last season is that this happened far too often, so I am looking forward to more games getting to half time (and full time) with a clean sheet.

No jokes about coming from behind and clean sheets please - I thank you.

Archived