onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

8th Aug 2015, Crewe Alex v Port Vale, pre match, the match itself.

Fosse69

Advert

We have to beat them this time surely? On paper this shouldn't even be a close match. No doubt we will struggle as per usual though

I keep thinking this but they always seem to raise their game against us. We should have the quality to beat them, but last year they completely nullified us. I always worry about us on tight pitches as well, because we never look good.

There's a number of debuts as well which will take a while to settle.

What we do have this year far more than last is people coming from the bench who can change things rather than just bringing birchall on.

Having said that I think it will be a draw.

My starting eleven would be

.........................Johnson........................

Purkiss ..... Streete ..... Duffy ..... McGivern

.........................Grant............................

Kelly ................. Foley ................. Moore

............Uche...................AJ....................

However I think Page will go;

.............Johnson................

Purkiss...... Streete........Inniss...... Dicko

Kelly.... Foley.... Grant........ Moore

..........Dodds..........

.................AJ..........

My starting eleven would be

.........................Johnson........................

Purkiss ..... Streete ..... Duffy ..... McGivern

.........................Grant............................

Kelly ................. Foley ................. Moore

............Uche...................AJ....................

However I think Page will go;

.............Johnson................

Purkiss...... Streete........Inniss...... Dicko

Kelly.... Foley.... Grant........ Moore

..........Dodds..........

.................AJ..........

I think you're right apart from uche in place of AJ.

Tend to agree also, although I'd like to see Andoh in either in place of Dodds in your 2nd formation or Kelly. Nothing against Sam Kelly just think Enoch has that bit of something extra that may make Crewe's defence plop themselves at times. I'd hate for Page to hold him back as there looks a good raw talent in the lad!

I think he'll start Daniel ahead of both Andoh and Kelly due to Daniel's experience, height and power.

---------------Johnson-------------------

Purkiss---Inniss---Streete---Dickinson

----------Grant------Foley---------------

------Moore---Dodds---Daniel----------

---------------Ikpeazu-------------------

And i'd be happy if Page went for that.

Dodds and AJ play better together as they both look for the killer pass but Uche playing he tends to overplay and the pass then is gone, he prefers to smash his way through which does work sometimes but against Crewe I would rather see a defence splitting pass or a pullback which results in a goal!!

I see Andoh more in the Dodds role, in the hole behind the ST, taking the p1ss out of the back four and looking for the pass to Uche to hold up

Can't wait to see Kelly in proper games, looked excellent in pre-season. Him on the left and Moore on the right please, Oaky and Foley/Brown to play through and break up the middle and let the two wingers bomb forward. Dicko is never going to work as a wing back, he isn't fast enough to track back, hopefully Kelly or Daniel can accommodate on the left.

Agreed... Kelly has looked star player in pre-season... Disappointed if he doesn't start & I see Enoch more of a 70 min sub when we are losing to come on with bags of pace when defenders are fatigued and create few opportunities... Don't think he is experienced enough to start a league match, especially vs Crewe

I think he'll start Daniel ahead of both Andoh and Kelly due to Daniel's experience, height and power.

I think that would be the 'safe' option for a team. I think AJ or Andoh would provide more than Dodds but it looks like Page trusts Dodds more to play that role.

I'm yet to be convinced that Daniel is good enough for a starting role and I believe that Kelly has far more ability but like you say, he might go for power over technique.

I think Grant, Foley, Ikpeazu, Purkiss, Dicko and Moore are certain to play as they have all been played regularly in preseason. I think he might go with Duffy and Inniss/Streete first game to add a little experience.

I know they don't have a recognised left back in their squad.

I hate these games because on paper we should murder them

Crewe Alexandra Mad ‏@CreweMad 6h6 hours ago

#crewealex look set to ease their defensive woes by signing Ben Nugent from Cardiff permanently & Tareiq Holmes-Dennis on loan from Charlton

nugent is 6'5 but cardiff fans dont seem convinced he was ever any good in the air

Crewe Alexandra Mad ‏@CreweMad 6h6 hours ago

#crewealex look set to ease their defensive woes by signing Ben Nugent from Cardiff permanently & Tareiq Holmes-Dennis on loan from Charlton

nugent is 6'5 but cardiff fans dont seem convinced he was ever any good in the air

Our dark destroyer up front will have him for dinner.

I think that's what Page will go with too except I think he'll pick Duffy over Streete.

Our dark destroyer up front will have him for dinner.

I'd be surprised if both their new signings go straight into the team. They will hardly know their team mates names!

Ben Nugent doesn't exactly get glowing references from previous employers.

Come on vale, for once let's just grind a team into the dirt rather than giving them a helping hand.

Archived