onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Andy Williams

valeparklife

2013/14 he didn't score a goal, dikov approached pope first, interestingly we can use stats to support views like for example pope has almost scored more in past three seasons than williams managed in _5

Either way I would have liked williams however I'm trusting and hoping that your view that goal scorers are really easy to find is true so eagerly await our new additions

Yes and Pope scored those goals in a lower division....

Williamson played only 3 league 1 matches in that season you mention.

Dickov did want Pope first, mainly because he wanted a target man and because he was available before Williams was....

I never said they are really easy to find, I have said on many occasions that I would be surprised if we cant replace someone who scores 9 league goals....

It's not bad not quite 31 in 46 though , I'm glad we are agreeing though williams would have been a useful addition

Yeah that was superb, but at a lower level than this, who knows what Williams would get in that division

Advert

Yes and Pope scored those goals in a lower division....

Williamson played only 3 league 1 matches in that season you mention.

Dickov did want Pope first, mainly because he wanted a target man and because he was available before Williams was....

I never said they are really easy to find, I have said on many occasions that I would be surprised if we cant replace someone who scores 9 league goals....

Yeah that was superb, but at a lower level than this, who knows what Williams would get in that division

I could trawl through your posts and your views in how it's easy to replace strikers but I won't I'm just trusting you are right

Williams got 10 in 67 in l2

Time to move on I'm trusting smurf, very impressed with foley and streete signnings

Sorry but your just wrong.

Havent we just signed Oconnor up? Made two decent signings in streete and foley (who will be on a decent wage) as well as potentially a good signing in kelly? How is this cash strapped? Because we had a limit on what we would offer pope? Because we werent stupid and offer a declining striker silly money and a 3 year deal? Or is it just common sense...

You mention their goals were crucial in staying up and that is just a void point. Its the same for any striker, if we didnt have pope or williamson this season and instead two different forwards they would probably have scored 22 goals throughout the season. You say their goals were crucial yet our most crucial players are still at the club in Oconnor and Neal, (the man whos save kept us up).

What do you mean the maths dont add up?

I think we have already signed two players that would help us push on.

'the man whos save kept us up'........so you are suggesting that ONE SINGLE SAVE kept us up and you have the gall to say my post is 'just wrong''.......laughable.

Yes, O'Connor has re-signed......but at what cost - perhaps the Chairman has had to really inflate his offer to O'Connor and we are in a similar position to the one we were with Pope - who knows (Only the Chairman, O'Connor and a select few).

It doesn't matter who the strikers were last year, their goal-scoring is no longer at the club - It's what we now bring in to replace those goals that counts - and in my view Norman telling me that we 'Nearly' signed a player who chose one of our Competitors isn't worth didly-squat......for all we know Port Vale could have offered him two bob a week - in theory we have made the guy a 'substantial offer', in reality he signed for someone who he thought was a better option for possibly 2 and 6d.

So, Williams scored 22 goals last season and now plays for one of our competitors - note also that Swindon deemed him surplus to requirements and thus seemed happy for him to join one of their competitors and also we assume have better players to take his place. Pope scored 10 and also plays for one of our competitors, Williamson scored 10 and plays for one of our competitors - we have Campion!

I await with baited breath the signing of the new Messiahs, time will tell.

I could trawl through your posts and your views in how it's easy to replace strikers but I won't I'm just trusting you are right

Williams got 10 in 67 in l2

Time to move on I'm trusting smurf, very impressed with foley and streete signnings

I have never said a finding a league 1 goalscorer is easy. I have said on many occasions that we should easily be able to find someone who can get the same as pope this season.

Poor record for Williams in league 2, he seems be at his peak now though

It isn't easy finding strikers who can score goals.

We really need two, not one, who between them can get us 30+ goals and they don't grow on trees.

Apart from some of the names mentioned in the past few days (and that's not many) who is out there without a club, apart from a youngster who we might get on loan but who we shouldn't put all our expectations on?

2013/14 he didn't score a goal, dikov approached pope first, interestingly we can use stats to support views like for example pope has almost scored more in past three seasons than williams managed in _5

Either way I would have liked williams however I'm trusting and hoping that your view that goal scorers are really easy to find is true so eagerly await our new additions

He only played 3 league matches in League 1 2013/2014 he can't score if.he ain't playing matches now.can he?

He only played 3 league matches in League 1 2013/2014 he can't score if.he ain't playing matches now.can he?

That was the point I was trying to make to some on here(not you) about Pope last season when he was out for 3 months.

'the man whos save kept us up'........so you are suggesting that ONE SINGLE SAVE kept us up and you have the gall to say my post is 'just wrong''.......laughable.

Yes, O'Connor has re-signed......but at what cost - perhaps the Chairman has had to really inflate his offer to O'Connor and we are in a similar position to the one we were with Pope - who knows (Only the Chairman, O'Connor and a select few).

It doesn't matter who the strikers were last year, their goal-scoring is no longer at the club - It's what we now bring in to replace those goals that counts - and in my view Norman telling me that we 'Nearly' signed a player who chose one of our Competitors isn't worth didly-squat......for all we know Port Vale could have offered him two bob a week - in theory we have made the guy a 'substantial offer', in reality he signed for someone who he thought was a better option for possibly 2 and 6d.

So, Williams scored 22 goals last season and now plays for one of our competitors - note also that Swindon deemed him surplus to requirements and thus seemed happy for him to join one of their competitors and also we assume have better players to take his place. Pope scored 10 and also plays for one of our competitors, Williamson scored 10 and plays for one of our competitors - we have Campion!

I await with baited breath the signing of the new Messiahs, time will tell.

My thinking Bon'Ami is one of Chris Neal saving us a more than just a few points last season :yes:

My thinking Bon'Ami is one of Chris Neal saving us a more than just a few points last season :yes:
Chris Neal is one of the bright points of our team and probably won us between 10-15 points than we would have got with a lesser keeper.

Excellent target for us. Shame it didn't go the way we expected it to go. Pleased the club is showing great ambition by target players like him. He is a natural league one goalscorer who knows the league and scores for fun in recent season. So he would of been a great signing for us.

Plenty of other strikers out there though who could do a good job for us :

David Ball

David Mooney

Craig Davies possibly.

Feeling optimistic about next season. Can't wait for it :).

Smurf me owd fruit I know Davies is available but not sure on the other two but any of those 3 would be nice

Archived