onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Andy Williams

valeparklife

Oh yeah, he played 3 games mate.... Kind of irrelevant point there....

Interestingly Doncaster second choice was williams,their first was pope

I would have liked us to sign williams despite what some would view as very average goal return nd except for one season

Advert

Not too interested in who we could have signed, more interested in Smurf telling us who we HAVE signed. The point is he chose another club at our level who were obviously a better prospect in his opinion - for whatever reason, although that was probably money and ambition!

We have allowed 20 goals to simply walk out of the club, that's not counting the assists they made for others - for a team that managed only 55 goals last season and avoided the drop by a mere 4 points that's pretty alarming in my view.

I fully agree with all your comments except one

Doncaster have no more or PV have no less cash and ambition

Whatever we thought of either Williamson or Pope, their goals were crucial to us staying up, now we need to not only better that goals tally, but also replace those goals for less money!

I'm sorry, but for me the maths simply does not add up and unfortunately, until we can drop this tag of 'Cash Strapped' Port Vale we will continue to struggle to attract the type of player required to push us on.

I fully agree with all your comments except one

Doncaster have no more or PV have no less cash and ambition

I would have liked us to sign williams despite what some would view as very average goal return nd except for one season

2011/2012 35 league appearances 16 league goals. 2012/2013 40 league games 11 league goals. Last season 46 league games 21 league goals.

Not exactly average, last season he scored more league goals in one season than Pope has for Vale in 2 season.

It is all irrelevant though as he signed for Doncaster

2011/2012 35 league appearances 16 league goals. 2012/2013 40 league games 11 league goals. Last season 46 league games 21 league goals.

Not exactly average, last season he scored more league goals in one season than Pope has for Vale in 2 season.

It is all irrelevant though as he signed for Doncaster

Yes one exceptional season as I said and I also said some posters may see his other seasons as very average , I don't it appears neither do you, fair play

BHF makes a good point and it's nice to know that NS and RP have been searching for a couple of lads who can replace the goals we've lost.

As he rightly said we didn't score loads of goals last year so finding goalscorers before August has to be our main priority now.

Defenders get you draws. Goal scorers win games.

Fingers crossed we can find 1-2 and continue the brilliant news that this last week has brought.

Get on the phone to Ball and Mooney, please. ;)

Not too interested in who we could have signed, more interested in Smurf telling us who we HAVE signed. The point is he chose another club at our level who were obviously a better prospect in his opinion - for whatever reason, although that was probably money and ambition!

We have allowed 20 goals to simply walk out of the club, that's not counting the assists they made for others - for a team that managed only 55 goals last season and avoided the drop by a mere 4 points that's pretty alarming in my view.

Spot on.Best post all week.

Whatever we thought of either Williamson or Pope, their goals were crucial to us staying up, now we need to not only better that goals tally, but also replace those goals for less money!

I'm sorry, but for me the maths simply does not add up and unfortunately, until we can drop this tag of 'Cash Strapped' Port Vale we will continue to struggle to attract the type of player required to push us on.

You could look at it the other way. We only scored 55 goals because of the players, other players could have worked better for us. Pope is definitely fading and Williamson never had it.

His last 3 seasons have been good and the last one exceptional. Dickov mentioned quite often they were after a target man so that probably suggests why he wanted pope.

Sorry but your just wrong.

Havent we just signed Oconnor up? Made two decent signings in streete and foley (who will be on a decent wage) as well as potentially a good signing in kelly? How is this cash strapped? Because we had a limit on what we would offer pope? Because we werent stupid and offer a declining striker silly money and a 3 year deal? Or is it just common sense...

You mention their goals were crucial in staying up and that is just a void point. Its the same for any striker, if we didnt have pope or williamson this season and instead two different forwards they would probably have scored 22 goals throughout the season. You say their goals were crucial yet our most crucial players are still at the club in Oconnor and Neal, (the man whos save kept us up).

What do you mean the maths dont add up?

I think we have already signed two players that would help us push on.

2013/14 he didn't score a goal, dikov approached pope first, interestingly we can use stats to support views like for example pope has almost scored more in past three seasons than williams managed in _5

Either way I would have liked williams however I'm trusting and hoping that your view that goal scorers are really easy to find is true so eagerly await our new additions

Excellent target for us. Shame it didn't go the way we expected it to go. Pleased the club is showing great ambition by target players like him. He is a natural league one goalscorer who knows the league and scores for fun in recent season. So he would of been a great signing for us.

Plenty of other strikers out there though who could do a good job for us :

David Ball

David Mooney

Craig Davies possibly.

Feeling optimistic about next season. Can't wait for it :).

Archived