onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Andy Williams

valeparklife

Not really 13/14 he scored no goals at all , is that what you class as proven ? Imagine your rants if pope went a season with no goals

Bit irrelevant though as he only made 12 appearances in League football and 9 of them were at Championship level. And how many of them 12 did he start?

Advert

Bit irrelevant though as he only made 12 appearances in League football and 9 of them were at Championship level. And how many of them 12 did he start?

Pretty relevant when he is throwing stats around the fact remains he's had on e excellent season in l1 and some average ones , I could have sworn some posters ripped into popes stats for average seasons

Pretty relevant when he is throwing stats around the fact remains he's had on e excellent season in l1 and some average ones , I could have sworn some posters ripped into popes stats for average seasons

It is relevant though when the stats he was throwing around was for Williams record in League One which is better than Popes record in League one that's another fact. You mention he scored no goals in 2013/2014 yet he only played 3 league one games that year. And in pretty sure Pope has gone more than 3 league one games without scoring.

Also let's not forget that Williams has also been used as a winger.

It is relevant though when the stats he was throwing around was for Williams record in League One which is better than Popes record in League one that's another fact. You mention he scored no goals in 2013/2014 yet he only played 3 league one games that year. And in pretty sure Pope has gone more than 3 league one games without scoring.

*it isn't relevant

Or maybe we offered a very good deal and Doncaster offered an even better one? And maybe theyve seen something in the cambridge lad, maybe he has something, I do love the pre judgement of some on here

Publically cutting the budget and current players rejecting reduced terms suggest we probably won't come near to competing with the likes of Doncaster. It's called realism.

The Cambridge lad will be within our budget, like Colin Daniel was. A not-so-young chancer.

It'll be very interesting to see who starts up front this season.

Nice try with this one Norman if you'd have pulled this one off all of the idiot Pope worshiping doubters on here would be shoveling humble pie down their necks this morning for breakfast! Plenty for gems out there Norm we have faith.

I applaud Norman for trying to get a goalscorer from a good club to join us. Whatever the reason the lad went to Donnie is now history. We move on and Norman can target someone else.

With the squad that is now being shaped we may have a fair wedge of dosh to offer a proven goalscorer to give us all hope for an exciting season ahead. Good luck Norman/Page in your quest. This week has been a very good one for Vale, long may it continue.

Nice to see that The Sentinel have finally caught up with this story.

Is all the 'reporting' they do just copying threads from OVF?

Yes. I reckon we could start a complete made up rumour on here and they would report it tomorrow as news.

I think they sometimes get stories from facebook too.

Not too interested in who we could have signed, more interested in Smurf telling us who we HAVE signed. The point is he chose another club at our level who were obviously a better prospect in his opinion - for whatever reason, although that was probably money and ambition!

We have allowed 20 goals to simply walk out of the club, that's not counting the assists they made for others - for a team that managed only 55 goals last season and avoided the drop by a mere 4 points that's pretty alarming in my view.

Whatever we thought of either Williamson or Pope, their goals were crucial to us staying up, now we need to not only better that goals tally, but also replace those goals for less money!

I'm sorry, but for me the maths simply does not add up and unfortunately, until we can drop this tag of 'Cash Strapped' Port Vale we will continue to struggle to attract the type of player required to push us on.

Archived